premium or regular gas?

your wheel wells look like crap dude.. and its hard to really judge the condition with the quality of those pics and the darkness of the garage etc..

also ,, thats a nice cassette player you got there in the dash..

lol hahah i put it to good use i got myself a tape mp3 adapter connect my mp3 with hundreds of songs to it no need for cds

can the 04 cd player play mp3 cds?

lol hahah i put it to good use i got myself a tape mp3 adapter connect my mp3 with hundreds of songs to it no need for cds

can the 04 cd player play mp3 cds?

mp3 cd's, no.. but it has a hookup for a mp3 player. no need to mess with cd's ... the 06 also has this..

I dont think id enjoy owning the lincoln if it was stripped of options like yours.
mines got.
navigation,
thx sound,
hid headlights,
heated/cooled seats,
power moonroof,
back up sensors,
power adj pedals,
chrome wheels,
my 06 even has heated rear seats..

part of the experience is all the technology and luxury.

not dissing to each his own.. your missing out though

Last edited:
mp3 cd's, no.. but it has a hookup for a mp3 player. no need to mess with cd's ... the 06 also has this..

I dont think id enjoy owning the lincoln if it was stripped of options like yours.
mines got.
navigation,
thx sound,
hid headlights,
heated/cooled seats,
power moonroof,
back up sensors,
power adj pedals,
chrome wheels,
my 06 even has heated rear seats..

part of the experience is all the technology and luxury.

not dissing to each his own.. your missing out though

i got heated/cooled seats adj pedals my wheels are chrome wish i had the thx sound/moonroof but i can live without never been a fan of hid headlights

mine doesnt have a mp3 connect not that i know of ive connected my mp3 through the tape deck

The mp3 hook up isn't stock lol. But I have it hard wired to the back of the stereo then up under the counsel, and up into the center compartment. So it's all hidden :) not like I have wires hangin out all around the shifter or anything.

And are those wheels chrome? Icanttell from those pics. They looked high polished. But they could also be chrome I suppose. Just can't tell in the pics.

You buying those 8 spoke wheels I found for you near Chicago. ? 5 wheels for 250 is a steal. .. Shipping to Canada is a hassle but they might be willing.

You buying those 8 spoke wheels I found for you near Chicago. ? 5 wheels for 250 is a steal. .. Shipping to Canada is a hassle but they might be willing.

how much do u think shipping will cost someone on this site has 4 for sale asking $400.00 already sent me pictures but his has little spots all over i'm not sure what those spots are they might lead to peeling i will post the picture let me know what you think if their worth it

LSWheel3.jpg

LSWheel4.jpg

LSWheelSet.jpg

LSWheel1.jpg

LSWheel3.jpg

LSWheel4.jpg

LSWheelSet.jpg

LSWheel1.jpg

I dont know what the spots are. They could be water spots or oxidation or dust/dirt/grime... I don't know what shipping is. I think if you go to ups you can estimate shipping by entering a weight and about the size of the box. Just measure the size of your wheels and enter that at the box size. And the weight should be able to be found online. Wheels alone are like 25-30 lbs I think so add whatever tires weigh to each.

Standard shipping across the us for 4 wheels is normally 100-125. That's without tires. With tires it may be 125-175. Should be able to get them to Canada for less then 300. But I'm no expert.

It has cost me about 140-160 for just 4 wheels, and 200-220 for 4 wheels with tires. This is through usps.

I have heard of getting a big discount if you ship with a business accout through ups, like 100 bucks for 4 wheels.

While I dont know exactly how much it will cost, you should expect to pay far more than any of the american guys are paying to ship to one another.

Shipping to Canada = Higher cost

Obviously, the distance it has to travel will affect the price as well.

it;s gonna cost around $200.00 thats way too much for shipping i would consider it if the wheels were in mint condition but their not so i'll pass and continue my search

As I understand it, anything that calls for 5W20 can use 0W20 with no warranty or wear concerns. 0W20 is supposed to be a little better than 5W20. I use it now and then, but usually I can only find 5W20 at a good price.

A little off to the side, but I use 0W40 in my BMW, because that's what BMW calls for. I don't care to second guess Ford/Lincoln or BWM on what oil to use.

is 0W20 synthetic only?

some people use thicker oil during summer months and thinner during winter

make any sense?

Back to gas prices...... I just paid $4.80 for Shell 91!

This weather premium is getting out of hand!

some people use thicker oil during summer months and thinner during winter

make any sense?

No. The engine reaches the same operating temperature summer or winter.

That's the Cali tax you're paying. It's about 3.70 in Tulsa OK.

We're "only" paying ~$.20 per gallon tax. I think someone farted at one of our refineries, someone smelled "gas" and they shut the place down.

We're "only" paying ~$.20 per gallon tax. I think someone farted at one of our refineries, someone smelled "gas" and they shut the place down.

And that's the Cali Tax. Fuel in CA would be a lot cheaper if CARB would allow the gas stations to sell the winter blend a month early. We out here in the sensible states have plenty of fuel. The problem for you guys is nobody outside California is interested in producing California spec gasoline, so when you have a refinery go down it only affects you.

Ironically enough, if there were only one fuel standard nationwide (not talking octane rating here) the OEMs could tune the computers better, which would cut emissions more while not costing you an arm and a leg. But, because there are so many different blends with different chemical characteristics, the OEMs must keep the programming loose so as to accommodate any fuel blends that might go in the tank.

Incidentally, that 3.70 I mentioned was for premium, not 87. It's now 3.65. :D

You guys in the states don't know how good you have it. In Canada it is $1.25 per litre for unleaded now, premium is about $1.37 per litre. That's $5.20 per gallon of premum and $4.73 for regular unleaded. Even with that large price difference it is cheaper to put in the premium as the decrease in mileage still more than offsets the cost.

You guys in the states don't know how good you have it. In Canada it is $1.25 per litre for unleaded now, premium is about $1.37 per litre. That's $5.20 per gallon of premum and $4.73 for regular unleaded. Even with that large price difference it is cheaper to put in the premium as the decrease in mileage still more than offsets the cost.

Please don't go there. Gas is generally more expensive the world over, except some Mid-East countries. Most of us couldn't care less how much gas is in another country as we don't live there. Also, why is there such a disparity state to state? Isn't the price of gas pretty uniform across Canada? It was the last time we visited. I also don't care how much a gallon of gas compares to a gallon of other liquids. Here's a map.

Our prices are artificially high to to political reasons, NOT availability. We have plenty of oil, we just let the tree huggers block our access. My grandfather was an account for Atlantic Richfield (now ARCO) way back when. During the first Arab Embargo there was fear here that we would run out of gas. We even had even/odd days! My grandad advised us that AR had found a pool of oil in one of the Dakotas (I don't remember which) that would last 200 years at our 1971 consumption. Back then were fortunate to get ~10mpg! That pool, as far as I know, has never been tapped.

I used to run regular in my Gen. 1 V8 (when money was a little more tight) but for the past like 6 months, I run nothing but premium. There's a significant difference in performance, in my opinion.

We have vaiations on fuel prices in different cities. It is cheaper in Peterborough (about 50 miles from me) by about 4 cents a litre (10cents a gallon) and more expensive in Toronto (about 25miles) by about 4 cents a litre (15 cents a gallon). Not to mention even stations across the street from each other will have variances of about 2 to 3 cents a litre! It also fluctuates on a daily basis, changing up to 5 cents per litre after midnight. You should see the line ups if the news reports it's going up 5 cents after midnight!
Seeing as you brought it up (LS4me), the U.S. consumes more oil than it produces. Canada produces more oil than it consumes, in fact we export about 80% of our production. Some of these larger oil production facilities were financed by our own governement! Google hibernia and see.

Seeing as you brought it up (LS4me), the U.S. consumes more oil than it produces.

That's not actually true anymore. The US went from being a net importer to a net exporter sometime in the last three years. Something to do with both unemployment and fuel prices skyrocketing starting about November 2008. Nobody can afford to buy it anymore, so now we're exporting it. We also export processed gasoline by tanker, a job I wouldn't do for any amount of money. Can't imagine sitting on a supertanker carrying millions of gallons of gasoline that any accidental spark could ignite. They'd have to use the next Lunar Lander to find what was left of you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back