Whats the highest MPH reached in your LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone 150 in West Virginia once, it was 8:00 in the morning on a Saturday in the middle of nowhere ( was rafting on the new river) and since then I have hit 140 several times but on average to fastest I go is 100

LMAO awesome

Your right. I wont state that without proof.
I own both LS's btw..

Ill Make sure the 2005 is tip top and Re run the race with video proof. Except this time smart ass, imma change my 2002's rear tires out to some nice sticks so i dont slip for 5 F'ing damn seconds while that 2005 got the out of dig perfect.. Then see what you'll say next once you see my 2002 ass rape the 2005.

My 98 will rape your 2002.

146 with a breeze

147mph still pulling.:) Let up, Felt that was fast enough.

You do know the V-8 Lincoln LS is limited to 135 mph? Yes my 2003 V-8 sport will pull right up to 135 mph and then hold it.

So anyone getting more than that has a programmer or can't read the speedometer!

Answered by joegr.:)

It varies by year, sport/non-sport, V6/V8.

Thank you for pointing that out.:)

If anyone wants to know, Freeburg-Douglas Rd. Long smooth concrete stretch. Flat as heel and straight as an arrow.

BTW Not the first time I have posted.

I got my 2001 to 145 indicated with oversized tires(255/35/20)

I got my 2006 to 130 indicated and she had a lot left.

I must qualify the last statement. It was on a Sunday morning going east on the Frankland Bridge. The pelicans were soaring facing my direction so I bet I had a tailwind. Still felt strong though. Next time I am gonna hold it in 4th and see how that feels.

135+mph stock 2000 LS Sport. At that speed watching the road is safer than the speed.

Yes the top speed changes with the year. And be aware just because you find some random number from Forbes you are not correct. The numbers below are from a Ford factory LS Engineer. Posted on the Lincoln Luxury Sport Owner's Club which costs $20/year.

All non-sport Gen1 and all Gen2 were electronically limited to 135 mph, and H-rated tires were one of the reasons. Which is weird because H rated tires are only good for 130 mph!

The unlimited Gen1 V8 (sport optioned) could hit 142-147 mph depending on conditions. This was the only LS without a speed limiter.

The V-6 cars had even lower limits depending on where they were sold. The lowest I have heard about is 118 mph.

Using the SCT you can remove the limiter.
Here, in the country of Canada, it is MANDATORY by law, that the manufacturer provide you with a Tire that is suitable for the top speed of the vehicle. If the manufacturer does not Limit the vehicles top speed, then you would be getting some nice Y-Z Rated tires.
Even BUGATTI veyron, Ferrari, Lambo all have top speed governs. All cars have it. Only when a STATE of Usa our Country Has no Govern laws of top speed, can the manufacturer release a vehicle in THOSE areas without limiters.

Also: This engineer saying what he wants doesn't make you correct either. H rated tires? I dare ANY of you, go into your LS hand book and tell me what tire it says to equip. ALL my handbooks have sais V rated tires. So then my top speed limiter is 135 or less. (when it was stock).

Mine stock, the limiter was 230 KM/h which works out to 143 MP/h.
This also represents responsibility on the vehicles owners behalf, to replace the tires with the same or higher rated tire. Should you chose to allow a lower rating than manufacturer specifications, in some cases of vehicle collisions, your insurance company CAN void your policy in the event of an accident, with claims that you did not follow your policy regulations, which are to ensure the vehicle is safe at all times. Meaning, you may not be covered if you hit someone.

At least i was told that..

I tend to disagree with the statement that an insurance company can void your policy if you install incorrect tires. Although each state has it's own standard policy language, to the best of my knowledge there is no clause that voids coverage for modification or lack of maintanence to the vehicle. With that being said, there are questions on the initial auto insurance application that ask if the vehicle has been modified. If your answer is less than truthfull, this is a different story. It's called misrepresentation or fraud.

Yes, they can only void the policy if it says they can in the terms and conditions of the policy. I'm sure that some might, but mine don't.

That said, having done so will be used against you in court by your victims.

Careful... dont forget, He's tuned!!!
shhh... its a secret

picard-facepalm.jpg

And yet you called me a Troll in another thread?

Its not a mystery. Take your LS to a Dino and make it more aggressive. Keep doing so until you think the engines about to blow. Tadah.

Now do it right.. and you got something that can get you 14.3 in a QM (if you launch right).
With juice, maybe 13.9 - 13.7 depending on condition and everything.

picard-facepalm.jpg

And yet you called me a Troll in another thread?

Its not a mystery. Take your LS to a Dino and make it more aggressive. Keep doing so until you think the engines about to blow. Tadah.

Now do it right.. and you got something that can get you 14.3 in a QM (if you launch right).

Do you have timeslips and videos? I smell bench racer.

And for your information, you don't dyno tune a car until you think the engine is about to blow. There is specific parameters in the tune including A/F ratios that you want to keep within a safe level so the car DOESN'T blow the hell up. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

picard-facepalm.jpg

And THIS is exactly why you shouldn't even attempt to race these cars... A 14.3 is PATHETIC.. Prepare to have your ass handed to you by every newer V6 mustang and camaro on the road, let alone anything quicker

And THIS is exactly why you shouldn't even attempt to race these cars... A 14.3 is PATHETIC.. Prepare to have your ass handed to you by every newer V6 mustang and camaro on the road, let alone anything quicker

And this is why AFTERMARKET mods exist. Huraaaaah!!!!

Its all about What you get for what you pay in this world.

I dont care if the cars 100 years old, or made yesterday. I want to know what im getting for my $$$$

I spend 6K on my used LS
Same mileage Camry, 2012, Asks 15K used. The difference of 9 thousand.
Not only does my LS have MORE luxury and nicer suspension, but....

I can take the 9 thousand difference, upgrade the LS and Rape the Donkey brains out of the Camry while eating McDonalds and head banging to some ACDC With subs in the trunk all the way down the Quarter mile track.

Welcome to 2012 where you have OPTIONS and no one gives a strippers dildo about Stock anymore... ... Or Lincolns from the 1990's for that matter =D =D =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back