Stereo swap fail

Four eyed stangs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed my deck using http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YR6C2E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01 cable set.

The unit works, but the SW is mute.

It was a bear getting the SW plug to go into the car's plug.
Out of the four rows of pins, the adapter plugs into two.
It looks like the spacing is off and one row is blank.

Do I have the wrong SW plug?

My Pioneer deck has coaxial RCA type SW out 2 chan.

Thanks

Loud is the resident stereo tech. He should see this post by tomorrow evening and should be able to shed some light into your question.

Is the subwoofer output turned on, on the deck? I know its kind of obvious and I'm sure your aware it can probably be turned on and off.. but I have seen people leave it turned off and then rage that their subwoofers don't work.. lol

the little plug should have no problem plugging right in, the white little plug in your link is the correct plug, just some of the pins are probably a little out of line and need to be slightly bent.

you need to plug the RCA in to the radio, and then hook up the blue wire to the radio's amp turn on wire (you will need a resistor to keep the amp from "popping" when it is turned on and off)

personally, i would leave the center channel speakers un hooked, they are designed to be used with a specific sound processor that a new radio wont have.

the little plug should have no problem plugging right in, the white little plug in your link is the correct plug, just some of the pins are probably a little out of line and need to be slightly bent.

you need to plug the RCA in to the radio, and then hook up the blue wire to the radio's amp turn on wire (you will need a resistor to keep the amp from "popping" when it is turned on and off)

personally, i would leave the center channel speakers un hooked, they are designed to be used with a specific sound processor that a new radio wont have.

What resistor do you suggest?

The pop is a bit startling!

Members online

No members online now.
Back