LVC Member
Reaction score
2001 TLS

05_2012CarStuff016.jpg

05_2012CarStuff013.jpg

05_2012CarStuff022.jpg

05_2012CarStuff019.jpg

Questions or comments?

Looks nice. Whats with the headlights? Looks to be projectors with angel-eyes. Looks to be lowered too. Anything else?

I like the lights. Not the grille.

What he said. Nice to see some projector retrofits that look good. Can't say I am digging the grill though. Maybe if it had the Lincoln star badge put in it. Just my opinion though, whatever works for you ya know.

Rollin, you're correct. They are high and low beam projectors. I lowered the car 2" over 20" wheels w/ Bilstein H6 Jaguar S-Type R front and rear shocks on Eibach sport springs. Lincoln parts couldn't get nowhere close to the performance this setup provides. The grille is screwed up, I know. I messed it up in an attempt to matte black it. My car will eventually be matte black in the near future. So no, the grille will go. It will actually be molded into the hood. I have never been a fan of part lines, especially where the parts should be one piece. As far as the different color HIDs, one of the ballasts is not operating efficiently, cause one bulb to burn lower than the other. They have been in operation for four years already. It is time replace them. As far as the engine goes, it has been replaced with a crated OEM engine that had 42,000 miles and a head rebuild. The tranny was also rebuilt with modified gearing. I currently use a SCT Livewire 9600 to make mods as necessary. Btw, if you don't have a SCT device, yo should make the investment. Thank you all for your input. Also, I do all mods myself. I have been out of the car game for a while but after seeing all of the LS's out there with mini-mods, I have decided that it is time for my return to the streets to join you folks.

Later

Did you make the headlights yourself? If so, write up and pictures would be great. It would really help out members that have been posting about doing this mod. Thank you.:)

That looks good! I like the headlights a lot. Custom angel eyes?

Dnyce, I think they sell projectors or shrouds with the halos built into them. Definitely curious as to what he did here, although for a Gen II it would be different. Very interesting.

Last edited:
very cool dude.

TLS? when i saw that i almost got excited. I thought it was going to be a new guy coming on here with a Turbo LS LOL

The headlights do look good. In addition to just a detailed write up, some hd night pics of how they project on the road would be great.

I like it! More pics...I like your Ls's look all around and as for the idea of the grille being a one piece to the hood would be a first. I've never seen that.

Thanks everyone for the props! As for a write-up on the projectors and halos, I will do that for you guys, just not today. I will give this info for now: (4pcs) 2009 Audi OEM A4 projecors from Ebay. *optional (4pcs) 2per kit- Chrome projector shrouds from Ebay I had them on but I removed them because I was going for the 3-dimensional, deep look like the new Camaros, just my preference. (1) *Cathode Halo kit for Lincoln LS from Ebay. I have had this mod for quite some time now, before LEDs were being used for Halos on any car. The inverter may go, but Cathodes last forever! "Cheap" LEDs burn out quickly and once you have that ring sealed inside of your headlamp housing, it will be a drag having to open it back up just to replace a blown LED, lol.

Again, thank you everyone for the props! And it is a B posting these winded replies from my Iphone!

Wow... love the headlights... I'd like something similar for the Gen 2 :D

Hite, it is very possible to cram it in there, and thank you! I had tried all kinds of LS specific suspension setups for this car and nothing satisfied me, so I had to take it to another level. As for knowing my way around the car, I've been traveling this path since I was an 8yr old young buck; I love it. BTW, your car is nice too. I love the way the front fascia looks. They resemble the "SVT" styling and I once owned an SVT Cobra.

Did you use eibachs for the LS? The member who did the original jag/suspension mod said his Bilsteins were too thick to fit his oem springs over them, so he had to buy H&R springs for the S-Type. Is it possible that the eibachs are a bit wider than OEM at the bottom?

Did you use eibachs for the LS? The member who did the original jag/suspension mod said his Bilsteins were too thick to fit his oem springs over them, so he had to buy H&R springs for the S-Type. Is it possible that the eibachs are a bit wider than OEM at the bottom?

I just did a search for that thread and I see what you are talking about. Yes, the bottom coil of the LS front spring's ID is about half an inch too small to go over the Type S's front spring perch. I used them anyway. What I did to defeat this hill using the Eibach springs was heat the last coil with a torch so that I could unwind it to open it up half an inch. It worked out perfectly. BTW, he is using the Bilstein B4s (similar to factory but a little better) because they are black in color. I had those and killed 'em! Sports like mine from Bilstein are yellow/Blue. I will eventually upgrade to the B8's because I have gotten used to the 6s already. I want more speed and less roll out of the corners! I have learned one trick that we can do to get the most out of our LS's suspension. . . Upgrade it to Jaguar suspension and tighten up the preload.

What I did to defeat this hill using the Eibach springs was heat the last coil with a torch so that I could unwind it to open it up half an inch.
:shifty:

I do like the headlights. Black grill is okay, just needs the surround color matched. Lower grill needs a quick touch up. They get the hell blasted out of them.

:shifty:

I do like the headlights. Black grill is okay, just needs the surround color matched. Lower grill needs a quick touch up. They get the hell blasted out of them.

Thank you and you're right, the lower grille does get blasted. As for the torch and springs, I assume that is what the smiley is about ;) The springs are made of steel. You can bend any form of steel with the correct type and amount of heat. For these I used Acetylene and Oxygen torch.

Members online

No members online now.
Back