Youngest on site??

If it were me, I would lower it and get some wheels first. If you have the cash for that. If not, take your stock grille and rear surround in to get painted. Body color over the chrome parts.

I've been looking at the site for a couple days and decided to join. 16 turning 17 on the 30th. Youngest? got a 2000 Lincoln LS V8.Will post pictures at later date

The best part of this thread is that all the guys that actually think the LS is the best car ever and are a bit snobbish because they own a Lincoln have brought a 16 year old kid into the club!!!
Not so exclusive anymore is it!!!

There are some that are LS fanatics as you describe. Most of us are enthusiasts.

start with the preventative maintenance stuff first. like changin the oil and fluids. depending on the mileage, change the tranny fluid. get a radiator flush, change the brakes if they need to be replaced. then replace the shocks and bushings as they probably need to be replaced. check your ignition coils and check for misfiring and then you can move on to cosmetic mods like tints grilles and lowering springs. take it to a trusted mechanic in your area. if u have any more questions f*ckin search and grow a pair of balls....be a man and step out into the real world. u cant get spoonfed everywhere u go...

The best part of this thread is that all the guys that actually think the LS is the best car ever and are a bit snobbish because they own a Lincoln have brought a 16 year old kid into the club!!!
Not so exclusive anymore is it!!!

if you think we r snobbish, join one of the honda forums, those guys literally think they have the Best cars and make fun of other people...i mean come on....lincoln ls= big step up from a civic

Got money for wheels but idk about lowering. How much? Where or how would i get rear surround done? I thought the lse grill was a good idea too. Chrome pillars instead of black not a good idea?

WARNING: pic whore post :D

The chrome piece around your rear license plate. It looks awesome painted the same color as the car:

IMG_7024.jpg

thats a nice ass

Where or how would i get rear surround done?
he already told you you would have to take it to a shop in your area to have it done, dont ask twice if your not going to listen for the answer

Chrome pillars instead of black not a good idea?

be careful, most people here, believe the less chrome the better, and most people dont think too highly of them

if you think we r snobbish, join one of the honda forums, those guys literally think they have the Best cars and make fun of other people...i mean come on....lincoln ls= big step up from a civic

Get a grip on reality. Lincoln LS= 1 small step up from Ford.

I know this for a fact, because I work for Ford.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but thats the way it is!!!

I thought lincoln was 2 steps up from ford.I thought it went ford then mercury then lincoln but maybe im wrong.. lol

K thanks. I'm gonna get most done here in next couple weeks. Got some time off of work. I will have to go to Raleigh if I want it done right cuz none of these hicks around this small town would know what their doing. Will post pics with rear surround and rims finished in next couple weeks. I've already completed all the maintenance. Already had to get 3 coils replaced. I'm sure more will start going bad.

1. a shop charged me 100 to do my rear surround. And that's tricoat. Your's may well be less. The front grille should add another 50 bucks. Shop around for the best price.

2. the LS is not a small step up from ford. It's more akin to a small step down froma jaguar s-type. The 2000 LS does not share the same platform with other ford vehicles. I believe the closest one would be the closest relative in the ford family tree would be the s197 mustang. But that's even quite a stretch.

Yea... I was actually gonna go with chrome pillars, halo headlights, 10 percent tint, and Kenwood touchscreen deck. and pay for it myself (jdelarmente). and since you want to complain about mommy and daddy payin for my f**kin car, I actually payed for it myself from my inheritance money when my dad died. so go f**k yourself.

:W:lol:

Hey, Welcome to the site....always a good time in here. Take it with a grain of salt.:p

Yea.. They're talking about painting all of the chrome to color match to you car.. It would look more like the sport model.. In my mind, exhaust always comes first but that's just me.. :D Do whatever you want to do first..

and i just wanna get the chrome painted the same color as the car correct??

Don't ask a forum what you should do to your car. Tell the forum what you like, what you were thinking about doing, and tips on doing it correctly from people who have done the same thing. Otherwise you're not going to be building your own ideas, you're just copying everybody else. There's not much to do to these cars; try to be as unique as possible. I do however recommend staying away from cliches.

Show them some common sense!!!
commonsense.jpg

i was never the one who sed it was a big step up from ford. i sed it was a big step up from ricer civics dumbass....

Members online

No members online now.
Back