LS Nitrous to the next level.

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am going to be running a 150 shot to start the season and climbing to a 200 shot, maybe even more. I plan on breaking the rules we have all been running nitrous off of. Stand by for un paralleled juicing of the 3.9L :cool:

until you come back in pieces (and picture of said pieces) - it's just another thread... ;)

good luck! a 150 should be high 12s

I did run 150 a couple of time a few years ago. 200 .... yikes.

pics? everyone has known for a long time im running nitrous and my set up is hidden as hell

as for copy cat, I'm gonna watch you pop that thing while I juice happy and hard. Ive been running 150 for a while now

I've seen pics of Sully's nitrous setup. I really like it. Stealth as hell.

I need to get a kit installed on my LS. I'm gonna have to have a shop do it though. I've never messed with it, and no one I know around here has.

Alright so instead of this turning into a sh!t talking thread like all of our other ones, lets get some tech data up in this mofo, start with supporting mods maybe? Or are you keeping it top secret?

I plan on breaking the rules

and rods, and pistons and other such expensive stuff.
BUT... Dont let me discourage you!

DO IT!

you gonna use a good progressive controller?
should be a HOOT!!!

specifics are staying between me and the car until I get everything done and running right.

150hp is nothing. Quick has that in a SC, ILLS had that in turbo.... the difference is the all of a sudden. I have a controller that does throttle position, tach, window switch, and progressive. The progressive makes the power come on like a turbo or a sc would. Only with nitrous I dont have to worry about the boost levels vs compression ratio. The 200 shot will require more thought and re-tooling of my nitrous system. I am going to revisit my transmission tune and see about ensuring its strength.

Linc, you need to deal with something before getting big in the giggle gas. The tb position on your intake mani is HORRIBLE for nitrous atomization. The drive by wire stangs see the same issue. My tb is in the middle so each cyl gets fed pretty evenly. Yours is at one end making the AFRs per cyl pretty out of whack. Bigger shots will mean bigger differences between cylinders and could go from being an annoying mosquito to a big lion mauling you to death.

Its cool, Im just gonna put a Tornado Fuel Saver in my intake tract to help twirl the air, I heard it gets better atomization and more equal distribution.

:shifty:

:p

and please tell me your not going to run NOS. Zex and NOS both suck balls. Hauley is trying to off load NOS cause its dragging ass so hard

Yup!

specifics are staying between me and the car until I get everything done and running right.

150hp is nothing. Quick has that in a SC, ILLS had that in turbo.... the difference is the all of a sudden. I have a controller that does throttle position, tach, window switch, and progressive. The progressive makes the power come on like a turbo or a sc would. Only with nitrous I dont have to worry about the boost levels vs compression ratio. The 200 shot will require more thought and re-tooling of my nitrous system. I am going to revisit my transmission tune and see about ensuring its strength.

Linc, you need to deal with something before getting big in the giggle gas. The tb position on your intake mani is HORRIBLE for nitrous atomization. The drive by wire stangs see the same issue. My tb is in the middle so each cyl gets fed pretty evenly. Yours is at one end making the AFRs per cyl pretty out of whack. Bigger shots will mean bigger differences between cylinders and could go from being an annoying mosquito to a big lion mauling you to death.

Sully, I agree with you. I, too, tried a 150 shot with 93 octane and was disappointed. But that was because I didn't have a proper tune for that combination. And I was running a Zex kit at the time.

I switched to an NX package and put a stand-alone methanol fuel system along side it and found that the combination supplied what I was looking for. The blown-Jaguar contact I recently found says that he has found no problem with powdered-metal rods at the 500 HP level but the blower-Jag engines have forged pistons.

But here's a thought. Cast pistons can be quite forgiving under the right circumstances. The right tune, AND A METHANOL FUEL SYSTEM, and I think you could easily enough go to 200.

Here's a suggestion---
NX has just announced a slick deal---a small tank/pump delivery set-up that is designed to replace an under-the-hood battery. The bottom of the tank is shaped just like a battery so it can be fastened to a factory battery tray. It could easily be placed in the trunk---perhaps just in front of the pass side tail light.

Once you get used to running methanol, you'll never want to go back to using gasoline with spray. With any care at all, methanol is infinitely more forgiving.
KS

I am actually very well versed in methanol now. I am running it in the wifes SC car. I am thinking about maybe running a meth kit with the N20, but im not so sure i need it. I will be using a pretty impressive controller for the nitrous so the sudden change in combustion wont be there. I am already running copper plugs for its much preferred burn characteristics, but I may step down in temp. A few of the specifics will be up in the air untill I get everything together and running. The method of nitrous delivery may change as well. We shall see. Right now, I am looking at the logs and dyno data from when I tuned my 150 shot. I like being right when it comes to stuff like this. So I made sure my afrs were right... and the hp gain at the wheels was right... and the timing was right.... you get the point. From the data I have in a "safe" environment, I think the 150 is no problem for the motor. The 200 looks doable, but I have yet to crank up the jet sizes to see. I plan on walking it up slowly making sure I dont run into knock and detonation issues. If I get to the point where the motor doesnt like it, I will look at possibly running a stand alone race fuel cell for the nitrous fuel demands, or a meth injection set up. I have also been looking at the benefits of running a pure water injection set up. Lots to figure out and lots of time to do it in. Track doesnt open until early april, and the good track waits til may

Lots to figure out and lots of time to do it in. Track doesnt open until early april, and the good track waits til may

+1

I have a Mobil station less than a mile away with 105 at the pump. :D

$8.56 a gallon :(

Have you ever considered swapping pistons from a Gen2 for the added compression?

Taking out your Gen1 pistons and swapping in the Gen2's. I was pretty tired last night, the compression bump could also be attributed to combustion chamber size.

Cause Nitrous and High Compression are best friends. I know its not much but that .25:1 point higher compression might amount to something.

I believe the increase in compression it is due to the redesigned heads of the Gen2 not the pistons, and since the Gen2 is VVT - no swap to Gen1.

that's not how it came across in your post - sounded (to me) that you knew of a difference.

8.56 a gallon for 105 or dump 5 into a 1.5 gallon meth tank that lasts damn near for ever to get 110+ octane?

Members online

Back