laser next car

So the Vic is gone and on to the next. Dont laugh, its color is pimplicious. :lol:

One owner 1997 Caddy Deville. Almost near perfect but has a couple scrapes on it. :(
Car does not have one single issue though. Lived in a heated garrage its whole life and it shows in the OEM paint and roof.

IMGP0041.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

IMGP0044.jpg

IMGP0045.jpg

IMGP0046.jpg

Not a bad looking car at all. It's funny that this car has the exact same steering column as my dad's old '79 El Camino:) It just makes me sad to see that engine mounted sideways:(

:lol: I made that EXACT same observation when driving Sapperfire back home. I said "Its kinda funny and kinda sad that GM has used the same column for over 30 years. They must have fired the MFC designer in the 70's and never bothered to make a new one." :lol:

I agree. Its amazing how many are for sale claiming "Only needs water pump."
That means it was overheated and is gonna need a new motor.

So the Caddy went fast. Went out and got something I really shouldnt have. A 1995 SHO ATX. Car ran great, had a few dings and a few issues but I REALLY wanted an SHO so I got it. Even bought it from a dealer cause I wanted to keep it for a while. Put 250 miles on it yesterday and it ran spectacular. Cleaned it up inside today and went to take it out for a wash and some pics and it stalled on me. Turned onto a street, had almost no power and stalled when I stopped in a driveway. Futzed with it for an hour and it started so I canceled my tow truck I was waiting on through Verizon Roadside. Continued on my trip and 9 miles latter it did the same thing. Have spark, have fuel at the rail so not sure what the issue is. I will test fuel pressure tomorrow and try to read the ECU. It starts for a second and stalls instantly so I am thinking low fuel pressure. Car had a spare Walbro pump and 6 SHO injectors in the trunk so..... meh.

Anyway here are a couple teasers from where the tow truck left it.

IMGP0005-2.jpg

IMGP0004-3.jpg

This should be interesting. Bill buys something he wants....MMMMMM!!!! Did these not come in stick so you could row your own gears? I would like one of these but I think my wife would kill me buying another car.

Yeah I really wanted something fun but also cheap and good on gas. The Ranger just cant be driven in the snow and we are at the point where it slushes for a month so I figured I could have a nice FWD car for a bit and flip it when the slush stops. :)

Always always always wanted an SHO and have never even driven one before. I have seen 5 of them but every one was a complete POS and not only looked like trash but needed the rod bearing service as well as the top end service. Was kinda dissapointed it was an auto but it was so clean inside and out and at $1400 I couldnt resist it. :lol:

I shouldnt have an issue to make her run again. Was reading many threads talking about the CCRM as an issue and then VR4 even messaged me its prolly the CCRM. Steve is one of the smartest people I know and is a freakin savant with Fords so I feel better about that diagnosis.
If I didnt have to wait for UPS to drop off the Cobra calipers today I would take the Cobra to the JY and get a new CCRM. They have two auto SHOs so they should have two J code CCRMs. Since they are only $20 I was gonna get all they had and just craigslist the others since people get $60 for them on ebay. :lol:

Car hasnt been washed yet but I aint giving the bish a bath till she moves on her own again. Have power at the inertia switch so I guess the CCRM is working. Need Sapper to bring the fuel pressure test kit and scanner over so I can move to the next thing to check.

imgp0006u.jpg

imgp0008lh.jpg

imgp0009d.jpg

imgp0007f.jpg

And yes, I realize the wheels are on backwards. :lol:

this should be called the laser car show, man your busy. i gotta wait tillafter new year to be mobile, but will be a n/a force to be reckoned with.:cool:

I was looking at one of these a few months back, now I am looking again. I do need a winter car as I replaced the wifes Cavalier with a 99 Grand Prix GTP and now I am driving the Cavalier for winter. It has 403,000 kilometers on it and it sounds as if the valve train is going to fly out of it and the rear brakes are done and I am pretty sure the wheel bearings are ready to spray the road.

So in my defence I need a car!!! I was looking at another GP GTP but a coupe for me that I can mod a bit and have a bit of fun with, but if I run into a stick 94 or 95 SHO I will go that route.

This should be interesting. Bill buys something he wants....MMMMMM!!!! Did these not come in stick so you could row your own gears? I would like one of these but I think my wife would kill me buying another car.

they added the auto as an option in 93. and since its a 4 door taurus, everyone picked the auto.

89 to 92 were stick only with a 3.0, 93-95 had the auto as an option with the 3.2. slightly bigger motor to overcome more loss in the auto.

and yeah, watch those rod bearings. pick up a set ASAP. they are getting rare. there is talk of them being discontinued.

Car hasnt been washed yet but I aint giving the bish a bath till she moves on her own again. Have power at the inertia switch so I guess the CCRM is working. Need Sapper to bring the fuel pressure test kit and scanner over so I can move to the next thing to check

my brother's car has been through 2 FPRs. another thing to check. we haven't had good luck with them.
expensive SOBs too though.

what happened to the spoiler?
92 was the only gen2 not to have them. something happened to the trunk at one point.
you have no third brake light.
You will also notice it has a standard Taurus rear bumper. Its been smacked in the rear at some point and someone cheaped out on fixing it. It appears it was cosmetic cause removing the trunk carpet and looking under the car I cant find any dammage.
Todays plan was to get parts off the white SHO at the junkyard but the no start issue has held that off. Depending on repair costs it may or may not get them. I also hoped to find floor mats, window switch, AC vents and a couple other small odds and ends there too.
Also ordered a key fob and a working factory CD slave before it developed the engine issue. Was planning on making it as showroom fresh as I could. Even have new strut rod bushings...... dangit, forgot one set came in today at the parts store and I forgot to pick them up.

So are you done flipping cars till the spring when you unload this or is this just gonna be your daily while you continue to flip? Seems to be working out for you, that Caddy must have had some profit if you let it go so quick.

Most of the cars sell in under a week. The Stang, Crown Vic and white Accord were the only ones that took a little longer. The SHO will be with me till next year though. After Action Jacksun pays me for his Cobra repairs then I will get another quick flip car. His car needed a lot of attention and I layed out several hundred of my own cash so I am a little light right now.

I've always liked.the SHO, a kid that worked for me road raced one all the time.. and did pretty well for himself.
When the new ones came out it was his in the picture next to the new one in car and driver.
Good luck with it Bill.

Just was able to test it and saw there is no fuel pressure. Cant hear the pump prime but there is voltage at the inertia switch and the CCRM is clicking. So must be fuel pump, just ordered a new one.

Went to the JY to get some goodies today for the SHO. Got another CCRM to just verify mine is OK and it is so now just have to wait on the fuel pump. There just happened to be a white 95 ATX SHO there so I got its trunk lock, window switches, floor mats, wing and rear bumper. :)

imgp0014op.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back