IMGP0079-1.jpg

IMGP0078.jpg

IMGP0075.jpg

IMGP0074.jpg

IMGP0073.jpg

looks good!
missing a nostril though.
They are kalled "kidneys" :lol:

Unfortunatly there isnt a junk yard in 500 miles with one. :( The drivers side one has half its clips broken anywy. I think I am gonna buy a new chrome pair where the grills are chrome like the lip instead of black. Those are only $50 a set instead of $200+ for the OEM style.

Dude was selling cause he got a new car and this one was smoking like a pig and running for crap and a few other issues. Fortunatly Sapper hooked me up with a BMW guru and he took one look and instantly knew the motor was good and what the smoking problem was. I am picking up the parts tomorrow to correct its issues. Cant wait cause after it blows the excess oil in the plenum out and stops smoking then the motor freakin runs like a beast.
Hate to say it guys but this thing would prolly take doen a stock Second Gen.

Ya know I have spent more on tires for my Mustang. More on a riding lawn mower. I once even had a bar tab that cost more. :lol:

Now I always kinda liked BMWs and had a couple in the past but I absolutly love this car! The seats are so freakin comfertable and supportave, best seats I ever had. They even adjust themselves when they see you are fidgeting in the seat. The engine really makes this beast move too. Being the lesser 740i I really thought the V8 would struggle but it moves the car very well. Body is in spectacular shape too. One owner and a STACK of service history.
I bought this car to fix and sell but I like it so much I think I am gonna keep it. Its just too nice to drive. The car really makes you feel special when driving it.

IMGP0009-2.jpg

IMGP0012-1.jpg

IMGP0014-1.jpg

IMGP0015-1.jpg

IMGP0017.jpg

IMGP0018.jpg

That's nice, what is it, a 1997? I don't much care for the plain white, but other than that, it looks great. Didn't that 4.4l have a higher torque rating than our 4.6's?
er...wait, did you say "lesser of the v-8's?" so...a 4.0?

Its a 95 so its a 4.0L

The 4.0 is 282HP/295TQ
The 4.4 is 282HP/310TQ

Curb weight is 3800 and with the 5 speed I figured it would be about even with a Mark. Sapper is too scared to run cause after riding in the BMW he said it would smoke him. IDK, top end yeah but 0-60 it should be a drivers race.

So you'll ride a 740i and a grandpa caddy but you won't touch an LS??

So you'll ride a 740i and a grandpa caddy but you won't touch an LS??
I can kinda see your point with the Caddy but comparing an LS to a 740i?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *gasps* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway these cars were not bought for me. And yes, I would choose a BMW over an LS any day of the week. So would the rest of the buying crowd. Thats why there are still 5 series being made and no LS cars being made.

I can kinda see your point with the Caddy but comparing an LS to a 740i?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *gasps* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway these cars were not bought for me. And yes, I would choose a BMW over an LS any day of the week. So would the rest of the buying crowd. Thats why there are still 5 series being made and no LS cars being made.

I'll take the almost any LS over those old 7 series. They were great 10 years ago.

I like BMW as well but the old ones don't compare with the new ones. And ford was headed the right direction with the LS unless you think fwd 6 bangers are a good thing.

You can easily flip an LS just saying.

I'm a car guy before anything else and love my car but I'm also a merc marauder fan it's just so damn hard to find one.

I'll take the almost any LS over those old 7 series. They were great 10 years ago.

I like BMW as well but the old ones don't compare with the new ones. And ford was headed the right direction with the LS unless you think fwd 6 bangers are a good thing.

You can easily flip an LS just saying.

I'm a car guy before anything else and love my car but I'm also a merc marauder fan it's just so damn hard to find one.
I love screwin with you LS guys. I can tell ya first hand though this "old" 740i is a FAR superior car compared to the LS. Granted a second gen LS V8 could outrun it from a dig everywhere else it severly lacks. 740i has way more room, WAY better ride, WAY better interior, WAY better stereo and can corner and brake better. BUT the LS was never ment to go against it, different class of car. A 5 series is its competiton. While an LSE is better then a 525i its supposed to be competition for a 540i Sport and it just cant hang.

That being said I have been activly searching for an LS just so I can have a couple weeks to play with one again. I had a 2001 for a few months in 2000 and at the time thought it wasnt bad. Last year I drove Marks 03 LS and was really unimpressed. Yeah his has some issues but when I went to sit in the back seat I realized how little room there is back there and his car left a bad taste in my mouth.
Unfortunatly there are only a couple for sale in my price range and one was pink so I knew it would be near impossible to resell. The other was actually quite nice. Black on black V8 car. Problem was it needed an alt, tuneup and had some electrical issue. Lights would turn on at random and the gauges would freak out. Didnt wanna mess with it.

Problem was it needed an alt, tuneup and had some electrical issue. Lights would turn on at random and the gauges would freak out. Didnt wanna mess with it.

weird electrical problems can usually be solved with a new battery/alt. inconsistent voltages wreak havoc in the LS.

weird electrical problems can usually be solved with a new battery/alt. inconsistent voltages wreak havoc in the LS.
I had figured that as a wonky alt will cause all kinds of havoc with premium cars. The other issue was the dude had a title loan on it and I could never make it there before the title place closed to pay the loan to get the title. He said I could give him the money and he would handle it..... ya right. :lol:

I love screwin with you LS guys. I can tell ya first hand though this "old" 740i is a FAR superior car compared to the LS. Granted a second gen LS V8 could outrun it from a dig everywhere else it severly lacks. 740i has way more room, WAY better ride, WAY better interior, WAY better stereo and can corner and brake better. BUT the LS was never ment to go against it, different class of car. A 5 series is its competiton. While an LSE is better then a 525i its supposed to be competition for a 540i Sport and it just cant hang.

That being said I have been activly searching for an LS just so I can have a couple weeks to play with one again. I had a 2001 for a few months in 2000 and at the time thought it wasnt bad. Last year I drove Marks 03 LS and was really unimpressed. Yeah his has some issues but when I went to sit in the back seat I realized how little room there is back there and his car left a bad taste in my mouth.
Unfortunatly there are only a couple for sale in my price range and one was pink so I knew it would be near impossible to resell. The other was actually quite nice. Black on black V8 car. Problem was it needed an alt, tuneup and had some electrical issue. Lights would turn on at random and the gauges would freak out. Didnt wanna mess with it.

I've been in a 740i from around that generation and it was straight but it was in no way better than a gen II.

Especially the stereo..the thx is the best sounding factory system I've ever heard. I hate my backseat but I don't use it do I don't care.

But I also have a every option so I could see where a lesser optioned ls would be lacking. Everybody loves my car though so beats me.

I've been in a 740i from around that generation and it was straight but it was in no way better than a gen II.

Especially the stereo..the thx is the best sounding factory system I've ever heard. I hate my backseat but I don't use it do I don't care.

But I also have a every option so I could see where a lesser optioned ls would be lacking. Everybody loves my car though so beats me.
Oh yeah, forgot about the THX system. That did sound kick ass. Mine only had the Alpine system.
But in now way better? The leather is so much more supple and soft, the seats are 100x more comfertable and automaticly adjust themselves to your body, the plastics feel nice compared to the LS, the wood looks so much better and while I never drove an LSE I can tell you for sure a 740i can outhandle an LS V8 with no problem at all.

While the LS is a pretty sure footed car and does much better then a Gallant it pitches and rolls much more. Ive taken the S turn by my house in an LS doing just shy of 70 and the car rolled and squeeled and kicked its ass out after horrendous understeer. The 740 took that corner at 75 the other day and I didnt even notice till I looked down and saw how fast I was going. No drama, no noise and no lean.

There is a reason everyone compares their cars to BMWs. They are driving machines.

That being said I am not some huge BMW fanboy. I admire the cars and respect their abilities. This car will be sold and I will move onto the next car. May even be an LS. I will say when I am financially secure again I will buy another E38 for a daily driver. Prolly a 99 740i with the 4.4 in it and lower miles. Car is a superior daily driver.

Also dont take any LS things I say to heart. I just love getting you LS guys all riled up. I dont think they are bad cars at all. I also dont think they are spectacular cars. They are just good.

damn i just typed a book to only have it deleted by a slip of the finger. bmw FANBOY right here.

lazer be careful of the 740s the early ones have a engine issue. it has a cast block and forged pistons it wollows out the cylinders and the rings fail.

they dont call me zmt325 for nothing I have had like 20 e30s since i was 16, you will never find another car better compromised luxury vs performance than a bmw. ever ever ever. those cars are special they have a personality that you can get along with.

a few pics i have in photobucket

is10.jpg

is4.jpg

Picture001.jpg

the only pics i can find of my old vert
Picture128.jpg

Picture158.jpg

and here is a video of the red car with a turbo m50 this is a friend from high school.
E30 at 1/8th mile - YouTube

kevin's turbo E30 - YouTube

o and i bought another one yesterday. i will post pics when i get it home it is a 4dr luxary packaged e30 with a factory set zender body kit. i bought it as a flip.

Thanks guys, I really cant express how much I love this car. Its too bad I have to sell it cause I will really miss it. I was waiting to list it after the new remote buttons and new grills show up so the car is as near perfect as possible. That way when someone comes to see it they wont nit pick so much. Gawd I wanna keep it though.

Cars issues are so minor. The engine cover needs two new bolt down arms (missing) and a new cover because its broken around one mounting point. Drivers seat isnt torn or cracked but the leather is wearing thin. The factory subs are dry rotted. All 4 of them. And there are a half dozen hail dings on the top of the trunk.
I went to take some pics yesterday and a dude offered me $3000 but I just wasnt ready to sell it yet so I turned him down. :lol:

Oh well, here are some of the shots I took to put in its ad:

IMGP0022.jpg

IMGP0023.jpg

IMGP0019.jpg

damn i just typed a book to only have it deleted by a slip of the finger. bmw FANBOY right here.

lazer be careful of the 740s the early ones have a engine issue. it has a cast block and forged pistons it wollows out the cylinders and the rings fail.

Don't forget the awesome nikasil m60 engine...

Members online

No members online now.
Back