DCCV changed now A/C compressor not coming on

medphys

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
got the heater control valve from rockauto, changed it, (cleared PO430 and 1299) after overheating, now my A/C compressor isn't coming on, just blows hot air. checked and changed fuse (#1 10a), cked freon-OK, all connectors OK. there's a pinpoint test but I dont do the DIY electric cks yet. any place to start before I go to dealer :(

couldnt get the self test to activate either, pressed OFF and DEFROST but when I clicked the AUTO the system just came on and no displays. so I'm at a bit of a loss to eliminate things before actual compressor itself.

btw, I have an 06 with 68,500 and it is my 3rd and last LS. Had the 200 and 2003.

Are you sure that the compressor is not coming on? (If the DCCV is not fully plugged in, you will just get hot air even with the compressor on.)

What is your R-134a (Suva, not Freon) pressure?

Did you press and hold down the off and defrost buttons, both at the same time? Did you then press the auto button within two seconds?

I took it to the lincoln service line and the tech confirmed it wasn't coming on. It was Fri pm and I didnt leave it. DCCV is now working properly and all codes have cleared (PO430, 1299) He manually cked the available pressure by pressing and releasing at the receiver/dryer, no instrument ck. And yes, I followed the self test instruction 2-3 times. thanks for the reply. Its Pres Day so I wont be addressing this again until manana. Its all so complicated and dependant on the unseen, and Im trying to clear these problems before I purchase the ESP.

I know you have an 06, but did you try the OFF and FLOOR and then AUTO.

It's how the Gen 1's are.....it shouldn't work for you tho.

Things that can keep the AC clutch off...

Fuse open.
Bad AC clutch.
Wiring fault.
Overheating engine.
Pedal to the floor.
Idle RPM too low
Bad PCM.
Bad AC clutch relay.
Low refrigerant pressure.
High refrigerant pressure.
Bad refrigerant pressure sensor.
Low evaporator temperature.
Bad evaporator temperature sensor.

It may sound involved, but with multimeter and a high side pressure gauge, you can narrow it down very quickly to which of the above it is.

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm

I know you have an 06, but did you try the OFF and FLOOR and then AUTO.

It's how the Gen 1's are.....it shouldn't work for you tho.

That's really really hard to do when there is no "floor" button on gen II. (There's one button that cycles through all the possible air destinations, except for defrost which is a separate button.)

...And yes, I followed the self test instruction 2-3 times. ...

You are pressing off and defrost at the same time?
You are releasing off and defrost at the same time?
You are pressing auto a second or so after releasing the other two buttons?

i dont remember how that dccv worked off the top of my head, but isnt it pretty easy to reverse the connections: heat button hooked to ac, ac button hooked to heat?

if DATC self-test wont work, maybe the DATC module is bad?
he threw a link to the shop_man_ual, thats the main resource. you probably need to get your readin glasses out and have at it. other issues have popped up with dccv problems: parking brake service messages seem semi common, along with a popped fuse under the hood (cant say i remember which one).

i think its the hoses that can be reversed. which would reverse heat and ac
check your hoses

You think that by reversing the hoses from the DCCV it gives A/C when setting to heat & heat when requesting A/C ?

This I gotta see, learn something new everyday !

It just says "This message is hidden because jrand is on your ignore list. "

LOL, that would explain why you didn't freak out yet.

I'm a bit confused on this part actually.

i think its the hoses that can be reversed. which would reverse heat and ac
check your hoses

I guess it could be possible but I'd have to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

LOL, that would explain why you didn't freak out yet.

I'm a bit confused on this part actually.

I guess it could be possible but I'd have to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

I see that it is still justified that he is on my ignore list (one of only two).

smiley-signs025.gif

----EDIT:

might be some typo's going on there, not sure.

censored.gif
now I feel left out again!
ah, but I have "options"

Hell....I learn new things everyday...as in I need to check out a Gen 2 some time...too bad I haven't seen one in person.

i dont care if you blocked me or not. i bet you unblocked me to read this.

let me ammend my post above: reversing the hoses would switch the passenger controls with the driver controls. so if you had your hoses reversed and only checked one side for the ac you would not get ac since they are reversed.

if your hoses are reversed and you set ac on the drivers side and heat on the passenger side, you will actually get heat on the drivers side and ac on the passengers side. and vice versa.

no one here suggessted that his hoses could be reversed. they are not marked and it would be a pretty easy mistake so fck you if you are a moron posting above who thinks its impossible to reverse them without any problems.

Whoa Jr! Don't get too upset boss. Your reasoning seems logical to me.

I just ordered the Motorcraft part from Amazon. $111.45 shipped. I'm gonna try and install it myself but my GF might not let me do that. We'll see.

The 1st gen was much more expensive and had 5 ports.

bad A/C relay. charged nada for the part $99 for the diagnostic. repaired and washed within 20 mins. How can I find this in the future? there was no CEL or code. Thanks for the concern guys. Guess OddBall gets the diagnostic guru award on this one :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back