DCCV changed now A/C compressor not coming on

... How can I find this in the future? there was no CEL or code. ...

Multimeter and some voltage checks.

I actually had the same problem on my Ranger a couple of weeks ago. I traced it down to the relay very quickly.
Checked low pressure switch. It had continuity.
Checked AC clutch, no power there.
Checked AC relay - that was the problem.

In the case of the Ranger, I think that part of what killed the relay was that the refrigerant was low and that caused the relay to have to cycle on and off much more often than it should have.

So I nail this, and not a single 'thanks' button hit?!? Man, tough crowd here. ;)

I went through a spat of bad relays in all my cars recently, so I just always keep a bag of extras around.

In the future, just keeping around a meter and a solid understanding of basic wiring and you can do lots of pinpoint tests.

I checked the relay and it was good. My part arrived today and I will look at it tomorrow.

I thought I might be able to repair the old dccv by cleaning something some electrical contacts or something.

NOT!

View attachment 828454663

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

Put a new compressor in and then it suddenly stopped working. Was the same result, clutch relay, except mine had corrosion on it for some reason. Just wiggling it made it work but cleaned contacts. All good.

Members online

Back