About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like Ron White says "You cant fix stupid..........its there for life"

See I'll take the jokes at me because they are well deserved, but don't for a minute generalize me as stupid because I lost my cool and made a dumb decision. I guarantee you aren't perfect so don't cast stones. That's just ignorant. You know what they say everyone can be a tough guy on the internet.

As I said I deserve all the shots at me because I made a spectacle of myself and that's what happens. But what you did isn't a shot at what I did... it's a shot at my overall character.

good deal man at least something positive came out of this ordeal. like i said before i to am a stay at home dad and it does take some adjusting. i can send ya my number if you need any help in the future. if you can't reach anybody.

As I said I deserve all the shots at me because I made a spectacle of myself and that's what happens. But what you did isn't a shot at what I did... it's a shot at my overall character.

yea.. but kicking a man while he lays in a pile of crap..is just poor form.
Even "I" wont stoop to kicking a man while he lays in poop.

Not trying to Kick him while hes down but what was done was fu*king stupid......nothing else but stupid. If he did this trying to change a gasket it makes me think what would happen if the oil filter wouldnt come off.....maybe he would rip off the P/S pump to get to it or maybe beat on it with a hammer intill it comes off. In the end what was done was stupid and the person that did it is stupid for thinking it would fix the problem.

Ripped, They say that you can only get better once you admit you have a issue. Many people would not have come back on here and dealt with this. They probably would have sold the car and been done with this whole deal. That alone says a lot about your character, congratulations!!!

I won't get to deep here but 6 years ago I found out I had stage 4 throat Cancer, they gave me 1 year. 6 years later I'm writing to you. You have to keep things in perspective. Now, for your situation, it happened, it's over, move forward. Get that law degree and keep pushing on!!:)

Not trying to Kick him while hes down but what was done was fu*king stupid......nothing else but stupid. If he did this trying to change a gasket it makes me think what would happen if the oil filter wouldnt come off.....maybe he would rip off the P/S pump to get to it or maybe beat on it with a hammer intill it comes off. In the end what was done was stupid and the person that did it is stupid for thinking it would fix the problem.

What he did is stupid, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

He is a hot head...... this is a lesson learned.

I bet next time he will walk away from it and cool off.

What did the wife say? :D

I will but I will do it in a way that makes them laugh too. Gotta step back and just laugh at stuff when its pissing you off. So many times I will wsork on something on my car and when I fling the first tool I go take a break and think about it. If I cant figure it out I will ask a dumb question and then follow the advice I was given and see if it works. More often then not its right.

As for the oil filter,,,,,, I never mentioned this but when I got my 98 the oil filter was on so tight I couldnt budge it and after 30 minutes I got aggervated and stabbed it with a large screwdriver and then started to twist it off. I didnt stab it to do that mind you, I just stabbed it cause I was pissed. :lol: Just happened to think "Wonder if that will give me the leverage I need?" :lol:

Holly Bat Sh#t Robin!, First do not even try to run the motor without the cam girdle, the flex from the followers will snap the cam. Second, you might get lucky with a used girdle, but to do it properly you will need to remove the cam and I have serious doubts about that happening properly;) Get a new head and have someone help you. And next time deep breaths, listen to the people that are trying to help, and calm down.......

PS super glue, its good on everything

I completely disagree...

Start it and post it on youtube...

Hes gonna end up replacing the motor anyways and this would be good cinema! LOL!

Sorry you freaked out man and effed your motor... But you live and learn

Good luck on Law School >:)

was unsure about pulling the booster jamie, he said it was in the way, and i figured he unbolted the motor mount since it was recommended so many times

+1. Thought he'd taken DLF's advice and for some reason there still wasn't enough room. Oh well, hopefully all isn't lost.

good deal man at least something positive came out of this ordeal. like i said before i to am a stay at home dad and it does take some adjusting. i can send ya my number if you need any help in the future. if you can't reach anybody.

Thanks man.

It's pretty big pile of poop too :D:shifty:

Again generalizing a person as stupid for a mistake they made in the heat of the moment is ignorant. Are you insinuating you've never done anything stupid in your life? I already admitted this was stupid of me to do, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. Generalizing a person by one action is quite one-dimensional.

Ripped, They say that you can only get better once you admit you have a issue. Many people would not have come back on here and dealt with this. They probably would have sold the car and been done with this whole deal. That alone says a lot about your character, congratulations!!!

I won't get to deep here but 6 years ago I found out I had stage 4 throat Cancer, they gave me 1 year. 6 years later I'm writing to you. You have to keep things in perspective. Now, for your situation, it happened, it's over, move forward. Get that law degree and keep pushing on!!:)

That's awesome you overcame adversity and made the best of your situation. Will power, and will power alone is what saved you. I bet you have many many more to come. I know people that were told similar things and are still alive 20 years later. I got a bit choked up reading your story. Made me realize how trivial my issues are.

Sounds good ripped.... a lesson learned is always worth it...

An expensive lesson, but nonetheless a lesson :mad:;);)

What he did is stupid, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

He is a hot head...... this is a lesson learned.

I bet next time he will walk away from it and cool off.

What did the wife say? :D

True, I am a hothead but year by year am becoming less and less one through lessons like this.

Btw, the wife said she's going to buy me new shoes! :eek::p

I will but I will do it in a way that makes them laugh too. Gotta step back and just laugh at stuff when its pissing you off. So many times I will wsork on something on my car and when I fling the first tool I go take a break and think about it. If I cant figure it out I will ask a dumb question and then follow the advice I was given and see if it works. More often then not its right.

As for the oil filter,,,,,, I never mentioned this but when I got my 98 the oil filter was on so tight I couldnt budge it and after 30 minutes I got aggervated and stabbed it with a large screwdriver and then started to twist it off. I didnt stab it to do that mind you, I just stabbed it cause I was pissed. :lol: Just happened to think "Wonder if that will give me the leverage I need?" :lol:

Glad to know I'm not alone on this :D

True, I am a hothead but year by year am becoming less and less one through lessons like this.

Btw, the wife said she's going to buy me new shoes! :eek::p
For walking? LOLOOLL

What ever post you read that said to use brute force was way out of line.

Can you post it up here so we can know what dip$hit posted it?

I would still like to know what you used to pry it off and subsequently break it off.

Wow man! Just wow. I'm so sorry to see that you messed up your ride like that. I hope you can get an experienced mechanic to get it right for you for cheap.

Not to be funny but I vote this thread become a sticky! At least for awhile. Maybe some new or inexperienced members can benefit from seeing what can happen if you take on a job that's over your head and don't listen to directions, use proper tools, etc.

Again man I'm not ragging on you. I think some people may be able to learn from your experience.

Good luck!

I have a feeling Jaime will end up with this, either repairing it for Camel or parting it out.

It won't be parted out. I'm probably just going to swap heads and start over...of course meaning me watch, and someone else do it. it think we can safely say I shouldn't touch anything intricate like that anytime soon ;)

I wouldn't be the least bit offended if this became a sticky. Right now I'm the poster boy for what not to do with your car! HAHAHA! I have a sense of humor and don't mind the flack for this...the only gripe I had was being generalized as stupid. Other than that I had my flame suit prepared when posting those pics. I thought it was only fair to share how much of a jackass I was to you guys. ;)

Fordnut...Yeah the shoes are for walking! HAHAHA! :)

Do the valve covers from a B head fit on a C head? I've got a real good deal lined up on a set of 98 Cobra valve covers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back