About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what i'm saying!!! head swap time!

not knocking rippedcamel, but i feel a headswap is "above his skill level".

at this point he needs to wash his hands, so he doesnt get the money he has to spend all greasy.

he is way over his head...hes gonna come out cheaper swapping the motor

Mechanical inclination has nothing to do with it. Do you have access to a lift? Do you have access to a flat solid surface to work on? I don't.

This is half the issue.

I spent 30 years working on my cars, in driveways, on my back. I built the garage I always wanted and got the lift only 5 years ago.

Those conditions are no excuse for your really poor judgment.

And yes, an obvious lack of mechanical aptitude. :eek:

not knocking rippedcamel, but i feel a headswap is "above his skill level".

at this point he needs to wash his hands, so he doesnt get the money he has to spend all greasy.

he is way over his head...hes gonna come out cheaper swapping the motor

agreed pay someone to do an eng swap

i will agree with doug 1000% i have been working on these particular lincolns the last 11 years and i have yet to invest in a lift, this is where i work on them, jack stands and a creeper, thats all i need. i would love a lift, but can manage fine without it.
DSC09699-Copy.jpg

OMFGWTFBBQ!!!1!!!

I have been quietly following along and not saying anything cause all I wanted to say was "Dude, put the wrenches down and call a tow truck while you light one up. Have someone that has some inkling of a clue how to work on one of these..... or any car" but figured it would come off harsh. Now I feel bad for not saying anything and trying to save you money.

Oh well, give me a shout when you want to change the head and ill come up and video tape it. Im sure I can sell it to the Fox network. :lol:

WTF did you do? No way you can do that by hand. Pry bar? My first thought was large screw driver but only mechanics have the really large ones so then I was thinking maybe he shoved the wrench in there and pried up but now that I take a look at it all and see that you were prying on the girdle as well my guess is claw hammer. Am I right? Please tell me im right.

Wow.

I wondered when I looked this evening how did this thread get to 81 posts when it was zero replies when I first replied this morning.

I guess now I know. :(

There are two nuts that secure the brake booster to the firewall. They can be accessed inside the car behind the brake pedal. All you have to do is loosen the nuts enough to pull the booster towards you, giving you enough room to remove the valve cover. You only need about six inches.

There are three bolts. That bracket that holds the computer is held on by two nuts and two nuts under that hold the booster in place and then there is the last nut on the opposite side of the armature.

wow........one thing i learned when working on cars, not just the Mark, make room, a lot of room, take stuff off, u can always put it back..........anyway, found some pics of when i did my valve cover, lifting the engine just a bit is all i needed...............

Photo0940 (Small).jpg

Photo0939 (Small).jpg

Photo0941 (Small).jpg

Just to recap....

I asked if he'd taken out the motor mount through bolt. I even got off my ass, went out to my garage, snapped a picture, and posted it so he'd be able to find it.

I suggested that he put plywood under the jack stands to keep them from sinking into the ground, because I've been there.

In the meantime, instead of doing these two really simple things, ripped decided to:

1. Ruin his fender
2. Trash the valve cover
3. FUBAR the head, and possibly the engine (who knows where those pieces of the cam towers ended up)
4. And who knows what other damage the fool did.....

I find it absolutely unbelievable that someone would try to jack up one side of an engine that is still bolted to the car, and then wonder why it didn't work. :confused:

And then have the stones to think he's got mechanical abilities. :p

If this was April 1st, I'd say we all were just taken for a ride....

But since it isn't, it's just sad; really, really sad. :(

"It's been ripped" is now going to have a whole new meaning. :eek:

HERE'S A DEAL!!!!!
Ripped-Camel...you buy a new/used motor...and i'll pack my tools in my car, drive to you, remove and replace your motor for the costs of my fuel,smokes,weed,beer...and I'll sleep on your couch
but every time I injur any part of my body working on your :q:q:q:q up, you let me punch you in the balls
and just because you are SOFA KING WE TODD DID... I'll more than likely injur myself on purpose at least 3 times

963543001221325947.gif

holy shyt man calm down, obviously the spastic monkey approach is the wrong way to do this........
theres 4 bolts inside the car on the booster, gotta disconnect the pedal too, remove booster, if you still cant get it completely remove the ds motor mount bolt and jack that side of the eng up

LOL...Holy Shoit my ribs hurts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........

OMG.... this is the god damn funniest thing I have seen in... umm... a long long long long time... Japolink here we come!!!!

Wow....... what a mess.

Sorry you trashed your car man.
Can you find the pieces of the cam towers?
Anyone know what type of aluminum they are made of?
Any chance they can be taken off the head welded back together cleaned up with a die grinder and re-installed?

What a classic thread.

But,.....He did get the camcover off.

yup its out, but in all his frustration of breaking the fukk outta everything i bet it never occurred to him that, even though it came out (broken) a new one wont fit back in

was unsure about pulling the booster jamie, he said it was in the way, and i figured he unbolted the motor mount since it was recommended so many times, but since he didnt have to on the pass side (apples and oranges) i guess he figured we were taking him for a ride, dunno, but a sad sad day overall

Holly Bat Sh#t Robin!, First do not even try to run the motor without the cam girdle, the flex from the followers will snap the cam. Second, you might get lucky with a used girdle, but to do it properly you will need to remove the cam and I have serious doubts about that happening properly;) Get a new head and have someone help you. And next time deep breaths, listen to the people that are trying to help, and calm down.......

PS super glue, its good on everything

Damn Ripped.. this sucks.. I know I've given you hell in the past.
But I actually feel really bad for you today.. so I wont proceed to kick you in the nuts, no joy there.

I'd suggest finding a decent used motor and drop it in.
Change the valve cover gaskets before you install the motor.
and.. try to put this whole debacle out of your mind.

Lead a man to water but have to kick him in teh nuts to drink.

Tough lesson learned. I've had a rough 12 months and I think this car f'ing me over and over finally set me off. I guess the good thing in this is that I realized I really need to reflect on my aggression. It's hard going from being the bread winner, being able to pay for anything, to being a student/stay at home dad that makes zero dollars and depend on my wife for money. I've got a long way to go till I get my law degree (a good three years) so I think the culmination of everything losing my house, stang, business, making no money and constantly getting f'd finally took it's toll.

I think if Jamie is up to it I'll have him work on it. We'll see.

Btw, Chicken your little avatar of the guy smashing his face made me laugh my ass off in the midst of my anger because that was me to a T! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back