About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even think about it but I looked and snapped all of the tabs that were holding the wires to the fuel injectors. This valve cover is quite mangled now too. I wouldn't be surprised if I warped it with how hard I was pulling up on it. I literally was standing on the front of the beauty cover by the radiator and pulling as hard as I could. I gave up being logical with the car and was trying spaztic monkey tactics. That doesn't seem to work either.....

The knuckle is between the steering shaft and the rack ....I've got pics of both motor mount bolts in my rebuild thread
Thats a rag joint. A knuckle is on a recirculating ball steering sustem. There are also several on my hand. *stares at hand*

chill you need a quiet place and a plan. these guys will help you in your nightmare. dlf knows his stuff and is not afraid to help. just calm down and take your time. my suspension has me :Bang. so i know the feeling. i am stuck till mon cause my right front strutt mount is 180 off and i cant do sh** about it. so i am in my quiet place now. not breaking anything:)

its gonna take more than beer. look at the time 4:19 i need a min.

Ok I'll send Laser the pages of what you need to remove the VCs...he can post the pics

edit: now I can't find my book

Stop what you're doing, have a beer. Then go back out and like I said, remove brake booster. The valve cover will slide on and off like a slipper. I feel your pain. I've been where you are.

Case in Point

cant you take some pics for us so we can see were you are at
that way we cant try and help better

Gman your post said you put the jack under the oil pan and lowered the car. How do you do that? I got so fed up with it that I tried to jack it up by the oil pan (not caring if it caved in) and it lifted the whole car, but didn't budge the engine alone.

Gman your post said you put the jack under the oil pan and lowered the car. How do you do that? I got so fed up with it that I tried to jack it up by the oil pan (not caring if it caved in) and it lifted the whole car, but didn't budge the engine alone.

I put a jackstand under the oil pan, so I could get the motor to flex a bit to get the valve cover off. I was successful in getting the drivers side valve cover off by doing that, but when It came time to putting the valve cover back on the brake booster was my only obstacle. There was no way around it.

Strange putting the jack under the oil pan on my car lifts the whole car not just the ds. I already have the brake booster removed and it still doesn't pass that f'n hump on the firewall!!!

Here's the pics....

P4110602.gif

P4110604.gif

Strange putting the jack under the oil pan on my car lifts the whole car not just the ds. I already have the brake booster removed and it still doesn't pass that f'n hump on the firewall!!!

Hump on the firewall. :confused:

That's the brake booster. You haven't removed it, you've just disconnected the master cylinder from it.

Taking the actual booster off is a bit of a pain - time consuming, but would make access easier.

That hump is the booster. You've only removed the master cylinder. The booster is connected to the brake pedal. You're going to continue to have headaches until you remove it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!! I pulled so damn hard on the valve cover while standing on the side of the car that I literally pulled myself into the body. there's a huge dent where my leg was against while I was pulling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I take that hump off?

There are two nuts that secure the brake booster to the firewall. They can be accessed inside the car behind the brake pedal. All you have to do is loosen the nuts enough to pull the booster towards you, giving you enough room to remove the valve cover. You only need about six inches.

sweet I disconnected two bolts and it won't move. because my seat is broken i literally had my legs on top of the headrest while doing it upside down, the f'n computer dropped on my face and split my forehead....... WTF! I think this is it. I think I'm going to pay to have this finished and bid this :q:q:q:qing pile of trash farewell. It's about time I get another mustang! :q:q:q:q

963543001221325947.gif

holy shyt man calm down, obviously the spastic monkey approach is the wrong way to do this........
theres 4 bolts inside the car on the booster, gotta disconnect the pedal too, remove booster, if you still cant get it completely remove the ds motor mount bolt and jack that side of the eng up

Step 9 & 10 are the same step aren't they? If so I'm at step 11 and it's the brake booster isn't moving. Nuts are off, booster is not budging.

I'm gonna go with ripped-camel at this time...let someone else do it before you :q:q:q:q up a nice car

no 9 you are taking off the bracket that holds the processor
so you will be taking off two nuts per stud

I'm gonna go with ripped-camel at this time...let someone else do it before you :q:q:q:q up a nice car

It's already :q:q:q:qed up. I pulled myself into the body. I was standing on the drivers side front 1/4 panel and was pulling so damn hard at the valve cover that I literally bent the 1/4 panel. I'll take pics later. There's not much choice left in the matter. I need to get this done myself. Too much damage done now to offset the cost of having others fix it.

if the booster (big black hump) wont move then not all 4 of the nuts are off, when they are off it will slide right out

Members online

No members online now.
Back