Zex nitrous kit

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Zex kit or hear good things about it, I'm more then likly going with the Holly kit again, thanks for the feedback. I also just picked up some Hoosier DOT drag radials. Going to the track this Spring, RT66 speedway if anyone wants to come

I don't, but I know someone who does. He's running a 100 shot Zex kit on a full sized MN12 Cougar with a 4.6L SOHC comfortably in the low 12s.

do you know if its a wet or dry kit, I like the why the zex kits are made

oh btw here the tires I got 255/50/16
hoo-17310.jpg

There is a guy with a mark viii i believe with the dry zex 100 shot on another board and he is claiming mid to high 13's and he says his car is stock and he does this with open exhaust,he has vids on you tube too.its a gen 1 black with the grill painted black,i cant remember if he did a track run or not and posted it ,he has a page where he tells about his ride and stuff ,last i heard he was going to get some rear gears.

I'm running a Nitrous Express 100 shot wet kit (EFI Ford Race with purge solenoid) and love it. I have never had any issues with the kit. Friend of mine is running N.E. wet kit on his dragster. I have not ran the car at the track yet, but it is strong. I'm running open exhaust (nitrous likes to breath), a shift kit, and a LMS MAF and thats it. I am guessing its a high 12 second car.

Does anyone push the limits on the stock bottom end and run a 125 shot and if so what was the advantage,is it worth a tenth off or is it a connecting rod threw the block

Does anyone push the limits on the stock bottom end and run a 125 shot and if so what was the advantage,is it worth a tenth off or is it a connecting rod threw the block

125... I thougth it was 150. I have never ran over 100. I have been told that I can run 150 with no problem from Nitrous Express, but its my car... not theirs. I know some Mustang guys running 150 and they have been for years, but I'm not that brave. I'm sure you would notice the diff from 100-150, but I'm not sure how much you would notice from 100-125.

I heard that 125 was the limit on the stock bottom end,I may be wrong though.All i know is that a 100 shot is all i am going to chance unless i get a beater mark that is done with its life and i want to enjoy myself for a day.

Unless you get into things like pulsed solenoids and such.... IMO all nitrous brands are the same, get the cheapest you can find. ZEX is a little different, and if you want to pay the extra to have the ease of their little box, go for it...

Members online

No members online now.
Back