Your opinions?

poniesviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up one of these headlights and scoping out to see how it would work to retrofit it into a gen 1 mark. Funny, eh?

Take out the grille; headlamps, corner lamps, and chrome strip, and smooth the front end over for a fresh base for a new front end. The header panel will be the most of the work.

I've been kicking this idea around for awhile.

Thoughts?

img_043.jpg

A clip from the rear of a gen 2 for the tails and bumper cover, flush mounted glass in front and back (no more rubber), suicide doors with the door posts molded into the roof for postless doors. (Would need some interior door support to support the glass)

Might be worth the work eh.

For as much as I love this car, and want to keep driving it, it seems feasable to me, even though it probably sounds nuts to you.

I had an image of similar or the same headlights posted LONG ago. I think even on .org. I had contacted the site to ID them and they had no clue much less spoke any engrish.

I will try to find the set I found. I was trying to get dimensions. But I dont think they will work. The Mark sets dont curve back too much, these above really do.

I had an image of similar or the same headlights posted LONG ago. I think even on .org. I had contacted the site to ID them and they had no clue much less spoke any engrish.

I will try to find the set I found. I was trying to get dimensions.

I'd appreciate that, I've been looking and looking, and noticed the front of the 2007 mazda 6. Closer inspection is looking promising, I do need to measure the width though. I don't want a wide grille, and the angle these may need to set at might wreck the asthetic of the grille I have pictured in my head.

Notice here the virticle angle of the front of the lens as you can see on the drivers side in this pic. It doesn't swoop out on the bottom, which makes it user friendly for the mark.
07MAZDA6_5D_frt_3-4.jpg

Ya. If you can work the grill a little it may work fine. And I am sure each projector can be aimed, thus (and I did not think this before) you do have some room to angle the entire housing.

Yeah, The grille would get worked alot. I researched injection molding to make my own housings, then decided it really really isn't feasable. But alot can be done with the front of the mark the more and more I look at it.

The fender would need to be brought down to fill under the 'corner lamp' section here, I really dont' want to mess with the urethane any more than I have to.

Anybody with negative thoughts? (Other than thinking it's not possible, hah. ;) )

I would certainly like to see a packadge like you have shown. In the mean time I'll keep feedin Max for those FOMOCO POS'.

Well it's time for new paint, I have alot of rock chips from my agressive driving in the fast lanes, so I might as well chop it up now if I'm ever going to, and I've wanted to for quite awhile.

I'll try 'n get ahold of a junk housing.

My main concern is the front of the fender representing something similar to a chevy beretta,; with our long corner lamps and the dark interior of these housings on a black car, a noticeable chunk of light is going to be missing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back