You need any further proof that democrats are without honor...

what about the underinsured or uninsured? what are the waiting times for them? days, weeks, months, years? we don't have that qualification here.
Nope. EVERYBODY WAITS! :bowrofl:

Liberalism: Fairness. Spread the misery.

and that's not a fully true statement. it serves SOME better. and if it served you better, it would be cheaper than ours. yet it's not.
what about the underinsured or uninsured? what are the waiting times for them? days, weeks, months, years? we don't have that qualification here.
What's the income tax rate in Canada? 50%? And didn't you STILL have to start making copays last year?

Some system. :rolleyes:

And didn't you STILL have to start making copays last year?
uh, no. our province finally removed them this year.

What's the income tax rate in Canada? 50%?

depends on income. range is 30 - 50%. but it's a large country with a small population. takes a lot of road to get from place to place. so our infrastructure is more costly on a per capita basis.
health care premiums last year for a single person was $42/month.
$84/month for married or family. it's irrelavent of how many kids.
premiums are subsidized on lesser incomes, to no premiums on low enough income.

so nobody is ever out of healthcare. (or at least, there is no reason for it).

The true number of people in dire straits because of a lack of insurance is a LOT lower then you think...

still, none here in normal circumstances(might be some unusual circumstances such as during immigration or something)

They can (and do) get immediate care if they go to the emergency room.

really? what of the stories you hear of hospitals not accepting uninsured people. then the healthcare wouldn't be universal. and then the bill presented to them would set them up for bankruptcy,

immediate care is given to those visiting emergency rooms here as well. waiting lists are for elective surgery. something not life threatening. it takes time to schedule the medical team, room, supplies etc. for surgeries.

i've personally never had long waits for anything.
i've had reconstructive plastic surgery years ago for a broken cheek bone from a farm equipment accident. local hospital realized they had no way to deal with it and sent me to edmonton. i was admitted and had surgery in the afternoon.
i've also had a hernia operation a couple years after that. there was a wait for that one, but it was scheduled in my best interest as well, to make arrangements for time off work.
waits are what make the most efficiency in the system. there isn't much excess idle time built in. it keeps running at near capacity. like it's been noticed above, waits are regional as well. some places have better capacity for different procedures.
i'm happy with the system here.

Last edited by a moderator:
uh, no. our province finally removed them this year.

depends on income. range is 30 - 50%. but it's a large country with a small population. takes a lot of road to get from place to place. so our infrastructure is more costly on a per capita basis.

That's a lot more expensive than my health insurance costs. And I don't have to sit in lines for months.

No thanks.

i've never been in lines for months either.

and just how much is yours? mine is free now.

as of january 2009 monthly fees in alberta were dropped. no deductible, no limit.
afraid to post yours up?

as of january 2009 monthly fees in alberta were dropped. no deductible, no limit.
afraid to post yours up?
Contradicts...

:rolleyes:

afraid to post yours up?

Here is a very important difference...

Because of that fact, comparing average premiums in Canada to those in the US is comparing apples to oranges.

If premiums are subsidized on lesser incomes, then the premium ceases to reflect the true costs of the product and does not serves as an indicator of the true price involved.

Ignoring the fact that certain premiums are subsidized is how it can be said that average premiums are dropping while hiding the fact that costs (and thus, the TRUE price) are rising.

Here is a very important difference...

Because of that fact, comparing average premiums in Canada to those in the US is comparing apples to oranges.

If premiums are subsidized on lesser incomes, then the premium ceases to reflect the true costs of the product and does not serves as an indicator of the true price involved.

Ignoring the fact that certain premiums are subsidized is how it can be said that average premiums are dropping while hiding the fact that costs (and thus, the TRUE price) are rising.

that was when there were premiums. and since fossten said his were less, i asked what his were. he asked, i answered, i ask, he evades.
you do realize i know there is a difference, and since your system also subsidizes low/no income, that whole explanation is irrelevant to my query. although i no longer pay premiums so it's even more irrelevent.

afraid to post yours up?

does not contradict

see the bold? last year, which was the last time i paid.
you have comprehension problems?
nice try.

that was when there were premiums. and since fossten said his were less, i asked what his were. he asked, i answered, i ask, he evades.
you do realize i know there is a difference, and since your system also subsidizes low/no income, that whole explanation is irrelevant to my query. although i no longer pay premiums so it's even more irrelevent.
So you have no income?

Want to change the rules? Vote them out next year!

Reid is a fool to think anything is written in stone. As politicians they know that anything can change at any time. Nothing in this world is permanent. If we vote back the republicans, then Obama care will be crushed and thrown out. What I worry about is the massive government gravy train this will create. Once the tax revenue starts coming in, then it will be even more unlikely that we will ever put an end to Obama care. I lived in Pennsylvania for many years when they tried this health care nonsense, we paid into the system every year (we were forced to pay, or else), and after three years the system was bankrupt from all the corruption and graft. Why don't they just give us tax credits so we can buy heath care policies? The answer is because they want control of the funds and our lives. Vote them out as soon as possible.

If we vote back the republicans, then Obama care will be crushed and thrown out.
No offense, but this is naive thinking and has no basis in fact. When is the last time the Republicans reversed ANY legislation?

...since your system also subsidizes low/no income, that whole explanation is irrelevant to my query.

Unless insurance companies and, specifically, insurance premiums are being subsidized, you are again comparing apples to oranges. I pointed out that premiums were being subsidized (to the point of none existence) so they are not a reflection of the true cost of medical care. Government subsidizing of low/no income has nothing to do with hiding the cost of medical care.

although i no longer pay premiums so it's even more irrelevent.

So, there are no economic costs to medical care in Canada anymore? How do they circumvent the laws of supply and demand? How can they turn medical care into a resource that is not scarce (going against the basic laws of physics)?

Unless they can magically end all costs associated with medical care, looking at where the costs are hidden, shifted, etc. is VERY relevant. To simply point out that you "no longer pay premiums" is, in and of itself, inherently misleads by implying that there is no cost associated with medical care where you live.

Again, government CAN NOT reduce costs. ALL they can do is shift costs and reduce the quality and/or quantity of health care. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise, then the examples I cited are very relevant in pointing out that reality.

So you have no income?
don't know if your thick or trying to be funny. i said the fees have been dropped in alberta as of jan1, 2009.
and your still evading.

then the examples I cited are very relevant in pointing out that reality

maybe, but it still has nothing to do with how much fossten pays for healthcare, which was my question.

Just out of idle curiosity - you don't have health insurance Foss?

so your covered from work, or you don't carry health insurance?
I had no healthcare expenses this year.

Just out of idle curiosity - you don't have health insurance Foss?
You should learn to read posts more carefully. Thanks for playing.

maybe, but it still has nothing to do with how much fossten pays for healthcare, which was my question.
Do you plan on responding to Shag's post, or are you just going to obsess over me?:rolleyes:

You have health insurance - so you don't consider the money that goes into that a 'health care' expense Foss?

You have health insurance - so you don't consider the money that goes into that a 'health care' expense Foss?
Healthcare is not the same as health insurance any more than car care is the same as car insurance.

So, fox, how do you define 'capitalist?'

Healthcare is not the same as health insurance any more than car care is the same as car insurance.

So, fox, how do you define 'capitalist?'

The budget cost of your car includes the cost of car insurance. The budget cost of your health includes the cost of health insurance. But you are right - the question was worded poorly - health care isn't health insurance. The amount you spend on 'health' usually does include health insurance. When you budget for a car, you take in maintenance, gas, and insurance expense. When you budget for your health you take in co-payments, prescriptions, and insurance expense. You had health expense, you (or your employer) paid insurance, you didn't have any other expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions. Either you are very healthy, or your insurance is incredible. I would imagine healthy...

So, I would love to define capitalist, as soon as I get an answer to that little voting question...

but i too have had no healthcare costs this year either, so how could yours be less?

Do you plan on responding to Shag's post, or are you just going to obsess over me?

not obsessing. just trying to get an answer. takes a few posts with you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back