You Have To See This!!!!!

yea the 5.0 has around 220 but im sure its not the horsepower its how he made it work...

I have to give Kudos to the guy for swapping the engine out.

It's been talked on here numerous times and kinda nice to see it actually done even if it does run like crap and nothing else works.

It has a distributor, hey... no more bad coils. I can't imagine that setup is better than stock. He should have atleast used a manual trans, since I doubt that motor and trans is integrated in with the cars PCM / ECU whatever.

Holy crap I dont believe it! an ls owner who will actually do some work to his car to make it cool.

Did it ever occur to anyone that there's most likely a reason he's selling it? I mean honestly if you guys spent the proper time and money to do an engine swap in the LS would you honestly be selling it for that cheap, if at all?

Maybe he bought it with a blown motor really cheap and put a 5.0 in it...I thought starfox was goin to check it out??

I emailed the guy and he wrote me back this morning.

He said it is a '86 GT motor with a Davis HEI distributor conversion, new Holley 600 and an AOD tranny. I asked it the gauges work and he said only the gas gauge and speedo work, but thought maybe someone could get the others to function as well.

I asked for more details on how he did the swap, but he said just to call him.

i didnt think anyone actually wanted to buy it,everyone just wanted to know how he made it work ..

5.0 may only be 220 stock...but...a 5.0 stroked to a 347 or 336 can make 400-500hp. Its not so much about the horsepower to me, its more of getting that 5.0 block mounted into the car. and you can tell by the shock tower covers its an LS. I wouldnt care if the gauges worked or not. id get rid of the stock cluster anyways and go sheetmetal with some nice aftermarket gauges.

I'v been thinking about it alot latly too. Fuel would be easy to deal with as well. The big issue is the saddel tanks transfer "pump", but to be honest it would be loads easier to just get rid of the tank and do a fuel cell in the trunk. Considering track tech at most tracks, they would see a lincoln LS and not even care to look under the hood or see if the fuel cell is strapped in right.

I always thought it could be done, that guy just proved it.

I'd rather go with a chevy engine tho. cheaper to build. as far as transmissions a built world class T5 should do the job. T56 would be nice though, or even a th400 or th350.

Members online

No members online now.
Back