You guys will love this forum

Eh, I love the Marks as much as the next person, HOWEVER, the Cougar was a better overall car in most people's opinions. The Mark had several flaws that end up costing a lot to deal with, most noteably the subpar construction on the interior seen by chipping materials and panels simply falling off. If they aren't now, i'm sure they will start to. Also the air suspension, yet another component prone to failure. Check out the thread on "why Mark VIIIs suck" and make your own choice on what you want to do.

they need to be put on death row for such words!

This guy called my Mark VIII a Cougar one time and it really pissed me off, :mad:I was like "Hey dumb ass this is a Mark VIII". my sister also owned a 1994 cougar and I'll take my Mark VIII over it or any T-Bird.

Lincolns Own, the qoute you posted came from a nasty penned "missy cougar" Here is her web page, this ought to explain it all.

http://members.tripod.com/missycougar/

Her Bio;
Date of Birth:
January 17, 1983
Year:
Biography:
Just a busy College student
Interests:
Fords, Computers, Star Trek, and boys
PC Support Tech/Inventory Team Leader/Full Time Student
Engine Liters:
Model:
XR7
Car:
Cougar

wow, they live in KC too. hope they dont find me!

and im sry, but cougars are so fugly that its not even funny.

Those are very old threads so I am not worrying about it. I have seen both crappy Mark's and Cougars, but I have seen good ones of both as well.

I almost bought a green 97' cougar with 45k and geezer green cloth interior. Im not going to bother joining and defending the mark 8. The guy is obviously younger(28), So im sure he probably rags on the car, goes over speed bumps at over 20mph, Picks and peels interior pieces, yanks on the door handles, etc. He cant prove that the mark viii's build is crappy, when really, he is the crappy owner.

I had a Mark VII when I met my wife. I heard her tell her friend I drove a Thunderbird.:eek: There almost wasn't a 2nd date.

torquemonkey said:
Lincolns Own, the qoute you posted came from a nasty penned "missy cougar" Here is her web page, this ought to explain it all.

Her Bio;
Date of Birth:
January 17, 1983
Year:
Biography:
Just a busy College student
Interests:
PC Support Tech/Inventory Team Leader/Full Time Student
Engine Liters:
Model:
XR7
Car:
Cougar
She must be a loser! I mean....Star trec? computers?

br94mk8 said:
cougers are good cars!!!!For people who are too poor to buy a Lincoln!!!!

cougers were as good as the mustang back in the 60's and 70's even bring a higher $$$

the guy who dropped the dohc in the couger ?? the cost you could get two gen 1's

hello dual overhead cam all aluminum cobra block, in a luxury car with all the bells and wisles vs a plain jane version without the bells and wisles and not even close under the hood, not to mention the mark just looks better. Cougars are nice but they dont cut it compared to a mark vlll...

Why MarkVIII's suck: Because there faster than cougars
Why MarkVIII's suck: They dont look gay
Why MarkVIII's suck: They aren't cougars! (thank god)

torquemonkey said:

Bio:

Interests:

Don't let the handle name fool you. Apparently, this is a typical Cougar fan. Notice in the bio: interests includes boys and the gender of the bio writer is a male. This could be Michael Jackson.

viol8or said:
Don't let the handle name fool you. Apparently, this is a typical Cougar fan. Notice in the bio: interests includes boys and the gender of the bio writer is a male. This could be Michael Jackson.
AHAHAHA! I didnt even notice that!

Dominus said:
Either that or the guy from Deliverance.

deliverance_guitar.jpg

deliverance.jpg

look if you dont work and you have no money cougers are good cars,it just beats walking,I buy and sell cars and cougers are junk!id rather slam MY junk in a car door then drive one!!!!

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction (off topic):

"When director John Boorman was having trouble finding a talented actor who was also toothless for a key role in Deliverance (1972), co-star Burt Reynolds remembered Coward from having worked with him in a Wild West show in Maggie Valley, NC. Coward--who was not an actor and was toothless and illiterate-- arrived for his audition looking so perfect for the part of a rural mountain man that Boorman first thought Reynolds had prompted him on how to dress.

When director John Boorman explained to Coward that one of the things his character was going to do was to rape a man, Coward replied, "I've done worse."

Members online

No members online now.
Back