you guys want a laugh? it's about "donks"

rickztahone

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
donk on 40's.jpg
donk on 40's 2.jpg

SO I SAW THIS ON CARDOMAIN AND THOUGHT IT WAS QUITE COMICAL. DONK ON 40'S. THING LOOKS LIKE IT'S ABOUT TO FALL APART IN MY OPINION. IT'S GETTIN' TO A POINT TO WHERE I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY CAN THINK OF NEXT. I THINK 20'S LOOK FINE ON A SEDAN, MAYBE EVEN 22'S IF IT'S NOT RAISED BUT LEAVE THE 24'S AND 26'S FOR TRUCKS AND ANYTHING BEYOND THAT I THINK LOOKS TOO OUT OF PLACE. I GUESS IT'S THE TREND NOW BUT O WELL. HOPE U GET A KICK OUT OF IT. :slam

donk on 40's.jpg

donk on 40's 2.jpg

Eff'in stupid crap! I had a friend with a Falcon and a lift kit but this stupid s*&t is out of hand. I hate them damn things!

i dont get it, whats the point of making your car look like a monster truck? Is there actually a meaning to this crap.

CARS THAT LOOK LIKE MONSTER TRUCKS ARE COOL:cool: ;) ! This crap is lame man. Look at the tire it looks like its a wagon wheel. I hate all DONKS!

Are those tires just hard rubber over the rim or are they actually inflatable? :eek:

Trust Me Am From Miami Were It All Started And That Is Not A Donk Thats A Regal A Donk Is A 1971-1975 Chevy Impala Or Caprice And I Think When Done They Look Nice. Oh And For You Guys Into Performance You Should See Some Of The Motors Those So Called Donks Have But Hey To Each It Own .

Dude im from Miami also, where it all started. Hialeah to be exact. Im used to seeing them around. My next door neighbor has a 94 Caddi wit the whole raised up suspension with 24's. And im always going at it with him b/c his car looks like a monster truck. I know that people have different ideas, and we all think differently, and its excusable b/c we are all human, and the human raice is far from being perfect. And my opinion is that its idiotic, and my mind is never going to be changed for the following reasons.

1. How in the H*LL are you supposed to climb into your car, with a ladder or a stool? They probably keep the ladder or stool in the back seat or in the trunk.
2.If they do have engines, how are they supposed to use them. These peeps drive like at 15 miles per hour, b/c they dont want to bent a rim, being so high its difficult to see where you're going.
3. Handling is horrible, another reason why they drive at 15miles per hour. If they corner going 20 or 25 those things are gonna flip. You'll do so many cart wheels in the air, and probably end up in a morg somewhere. So having sooped up engines really dosent make a difference. Its a waste of time and money in my agenda.
4. How the H*LL are they supposed to show off their engines, do they give the enthusiasts ladders for them to see into the engine bay?
5. A car is not an SUV. These people have confused the car with sport utility vehicles. And thats why we have different categories of cars. For instance, luxury vehicles, luxury sport vehicles, sport vehicles, SUV's, ect ect... Like in the pic above they used a Buick Regal. Those are luxury sport automobiles. If you want raised up suspension buy a Sport Utility Vehicle. A Bronco to be exact.
6. last in my list, but im pretty sure its not the least. If the car gets a flat tire, what jack are they going to use, Do they make specially designed jacks for such raised up suspensions? If the engine needs repair, how can they reach into the engine bay? They'll need a ladder. So basically they must hang around wit a ladder at all times.

Bottom line is, when you put 2 and 2 together it dosent make any sence. The cars just look plain stupid and they are funny looking. Guys if you all want raised up suspensions buy SUV's thats why they are out in the market.

Just my .02 cents.

I dont know. I still like the look of old cars on lift kits and truck chassis but not with those wheels! Like big nobby tires, but those ugly things? And only very few cars look good, not the ones that are most commonly used.

Technically, it's a box. I'm a big fan of the Regal, however, that's ridiculous. He’s ridin' Conestoga style!

Donk: 70's
Box: 80's
Bubble: Early 90's

Here's my '86 Cutty. This is how they should look. She's gone, but not forgotten...

IMG_1991.jpg

I wish there was a smack in the head smiley for this one, stupid me.

But wait...not as stupid as those Donks. Wow now I feel better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back