You guys REALLY don't know what you're missing!!!

H

HizHonor

This is just one man's opinion but I don't think 30 minutes or an hour is too much to ask of YOUR time to come to the Wednesday night Chapter chat. Six people out of 30 showed up last night. Some ideas on meet days and dates were disicussed as well as other things. We're all in the same time zone, here. It's not like the folks on the left coast are getting in on things late. You all wanted a way to plan a meet and the bulk of you aren't taking advantage of the situation. We almost have an unofficial meet planned fopr this Saturday for whoever feels like driving a couple hours into NY. We also kicked around an idea of joining up for a Sunday Cruise in the Wilmington, Delaware area which was brought up by One-Way.

Joey, Eric and the rest of the guys are giving us this opportunity to make this thing work.... Let's do it, huh? Next Wednesday I, personally would like to see at least 20 members stay at LEAST an hour in the chat to kick around ideas and make plans. Carlise Ford Meet is set for June 3-5. That's a perfect time to make a huge showing from LvC.

I've already said in another post that I'm committed to the first SE PA LSCClub/LoL meet on March 5, 2005. I'd be willing to organize a time and place for a local (PA,NJ.DE,MD) LvC meet for the following Saturday, March 12th. I'll pick a spot convenient to both I-95 and the PA Turnpike. Not in Philly itself but in one of the northeastern 'burbs. So there.... you all have MY commitment to the local LvC Meet. Anyone else interested? Mark it on your calendar for next March and I'll be remindiong you of the date and details as soon as I make the arrangements for a time and place. It's nothing fancy guys.... You show up with your nice clean cars, we bullsh*t for an hour, we go in to the OCB to have breakfast for another hour or so and then once we're outside, you do whatever you want. A few hours away from your normal Saturday routine isn't a bad thing, ya know!:feedback

Thanks for your time. It's now up to you guys.

HizHonor said:
This is just one man's opinion but I don't think 30 minutes or an hour is too much to ask of YOUR time to come to the Wednesday night Chapter chat. Six people out of 30 showed up last night. Some ideas on meet days and dates were disicussed as well as other things. We're all in the same time zone, here. It's not like the folks on the left coast are getting in on things late. You all wanted a way to plan a meet and the bulk of you aren't taking advantage of the situation. We almost have an unofficial meet planned fopr this Saturday for whoever feels like driving a couple hours into NY. We also kicked around an idea of joining up for a Sunday Cruise in the Wilmington, Delaware area which was brought up by One-Way.

Joey, Eric and the rest of the guys are giving us this opportunity to make this thing work.... Let's do it, huh? Next Wednesday I, personally would like to see at least 20 members stay at LEAST an hour in the chat to kick around ideas and make plans. Carlise Ford Meet is set for June 3-5. That's a perfect time to make a huge showing from LvC.

I've already said in another post that I'm committed to the first SE PA LSCClub/LoL meet on March 5, 2005. I'd be willing to organize a time and place for a local (PA,NJ.DE,MD) LvC meet for the following Saturday, March 12th. I'll pick a spot convenient to both I-95 and the PA Turnpike. Not in Philly itself but in one of the northeastern 'burbs. So there.... you all have MY commitment to the local LvC Meet. Anyone else interested? Mark it on your calendar for next March and I'll be remindiong you of the date and details as soon as I make the arrangements for a time and place. It's nothing fancy guys.... You show up with your nice clean cars, we bullsh*t for an hour, we go in to the OCB to have breakfast for another hour or so and then once we're outside, you do whatever you want. A few hours away from your normal Saturday routine isn't a bad thing, ya know!:feedback

Thanks for your time. It's now up to you guys.
i couldnt have said it better myself. thank you.
Eric

I would love to make it to them guys, but it conflicts with my weekly staff meetings. Hopefully I will be able to start getting to them in a few weeks.

Barring some disaster or problem, I will be at the 1st 2005 Breakfast Meeting in Springfield. :Beer

I've meet some GREAT Lincoln Enthusiasts and consider all of us one big happy family that has room for more GREAT Enthusiasts!

That said, I will do my very best to attend as many of these meets as possible. Furthermore, I have been given the opportunity to host one here in Maryland sometime and would like to hear everyones' thoughts on a venue.

Oh yeah, and I'm counting the days till the Ford Nationals! Planning a vacation!

As far as last night's chat, gotta say I was very impressed with the whole session. We hardly strayed from the topics and actually accomplished a very loose agenda, as opposed to name calling, etc..... What I'm trying to say is this: It wasn't a waste of time.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Jack! This is the beginning of something VERY cool! :yourock:

Couldn't make it last night... But you know Jamler will be there whenever possible... Peace Fellas...

Hi All

Hizhonor, surely I got a legitimate excuse for not turning up at the wednesday chat meet ;)

Jane and I will be at the Carlisle Ford meet and at the 7th & 8th SEPA OCB breakfast meets :)

While I am here many thanks to Eric for mailing the minutes of the chat, I shall take the time to read them a little later.

Regards

Dereck

One-Way said: "...Thanks for taking the lead on this Jack! This is the beginning of something VERY cool! "

I agree...it can be very cool. It's not a question of taking the lead. I, for some reason, wind up cooking at other people's BBQ's too! LOL Hey, I just get involved! :D

HizHonor said:
One-Way said: "...Thanks for taking the lead on this Jack! This is the beginning of something VERY cool! "

I agree...it can be very cool. It's not a question of taking the lead. I, for some reason, wind up cooking at other people's BBQ's too! LOL Hey, I just get involved! :D
actually you are my official event coordinator so you are in the lead. :Beer
as far as participation is concerned we are not talking about those whom CANNOT attend because of work or family or what ever. we are talking about those that are actually on the board at the time of the meeting and WILLNOT extend themselves 1 bit to be part of the team. 2005 can be a great year for hanging out or it can be a regular :q:q:q:q feast its up to you. you want a place where you say you can belong. you want a place where you can find help no matter how much or lil you get. no homeruns ever get hit with out someone first stepping up to the plate. and make no doubt people have done just that but now we want input. nyclsc i would be more than happy to e-mail you the minutes of our meetings so you can be informed and make your contributions felt. i know you have prior engagements and i respect that so please dont think anyof this is directed to you. :steering
Eric

Dereck said:
Hi All

Hizhonor, surely I got a legitimate excuse for not turning up at the wednesday chat meet ;)

Jane and I will be at the Carlisle Ford meet and at the 7th & 8th SEPA OCB breakfast meets :)

While I am here many thanks to Eric for mailing the minutes of the chat, I shall take the time to read them a little later.

Regards

Dereck
:wave

Eric said: ".....actually you are my official event coordinator so you are in the lead."

Ohhhhhhhh sure...see? What did I tell ya? Now I'm the %$$!!$!#!! cook at THIS BBQ! LOL Well, I'll do the very best I can in setting some events up. Now some will be local and some will involve all who can make it from the nether regions .... just remember.. I ain't buyin' yer damn breakfast! :D :D :D :p

Wed. are kind of rough for me right now also. Can we consider another night? I don't mind but I'll be late for the next few weeks until I get the Brougham back together.

We also talked about a more northern meet, like NYS Thruway Exit 15, 16 or something? These rest areas, Sloatsburg rest area (Northboud) or the Ramapo (southbound), are across from each other and connected by a foot bridge. They are located at mile 33 on the NYS Thruway.

ERIC1 said:
...nyclsc i would be more than happy to e-mail you the minutes of our meetings so you can be informed and make your contributions felt. i know you have prior engagements and i respect that so please dont think anyof this is directed to you...

That's cool, man. Just wanted it to be known that I'm not around on Wednesdays is all. If you want, shoot me an email from my profile with the stuff from the meetings. Don't know if I'll have much time during the weekend to read it and chime in, but Monday or Tuesday night I should.

:Beer

The 19th of ????? Sunday, December 19th? Good possibility ... depending on weather and such.

codewize said:
I think we're going to be meeting on the 19th at the Sloatsburg rest area near exit 15 of the NYS Thruway. Will you be attending? I think we lost some posts about this today.

HizHonor said:
The 19th of ????? Sunday, December 19th? Good possibility ... depending on weather and such.
yah i said that this morning i posted about 10 things and all have disappeared. o well i would like to do this next sunday lemm know
Eric

Correct Eric. Next Sunday Dec 19th at the Sloatsburg Rest Area near NYS Thruway Exit 15. The rest area is just north of the exit.

The posts got lost in the server cutover. I have reposted a few things of mine that got lost also.

What and where is the NYS Thruway? Coming south, NYC is close to a 5 hour drive. Throw a little traffic into the equasion, it could be 6-6.5 hours. I'd love to get together for an informal meet on the 19th. The thing is that if it's NYC or futher, I'm looking at a 20 hour day if I plan to hang out for a few hours. Even Northen NJ TWP is a good day, but it could be doable. The thing is I'm willing to do a 14 to 16 hour day, but if it starts to get longer than that--not trying to whimp out, but--it turns into a too long of a day, without overnight accomidations.

Members online

Back