Yippy, jsut got another P0301 reading

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So my car started shaking real bad today. then the cel light came on so i took it to autozone and got the reading. its a p0301, cylinder 1 misfire. So what does that mean, does that mean i need a new coil, how do i knwo which one. Where can i get one asap without spending a $hitload. How hard is it to fix myself. i had one about 3 months ago and it cost me 350. HELP ME ASAP< BEFORE I GET RID OF THIS DAMN CAR,

Try this.....

If I were a betting man I would put all my money on the coilpack for that cylinder. Your valve cover seal is more than likely leaking oil into your spark plug well and shorting out the coil pack. It already has or WILL happen to all lincoln ls's that have the old style seals in them. New coil packs are $35.00 from autozone and your gaskel seal kit is $44.00 dollars from your local stealership

Try this link

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dperuski/ls/vcover.htm

someone help me out. ive searched for how to or what i need, i need to know what coils to buy how to tell which one is bad. where can i get coils, how to change em. any info would help. im planning on changing it on sat.

I think its the coil. its shaking real bad. i just changed all the plugs about 8 months ago. so im thinking its another coil. how can i test em to make sure theyre good.

If it said cylinder 1 misfire then that's the coil you need to replace. cylinder 1 is the first one on the passenger side

i read that autozone sells coils. is there a certain brand. also does anyone have a how to.

And one more thing if it has been raining don't be surprised if you have water in there and not oil

Advance around here is pretty good that way, alot of places would take 7-10 days for stuff, Advance would say "have it tommorrow". When I was putting my Town Car back together alot of stuff I got online but in a pinch I was surprized how quick they came thru with a gas tank, with straps, complete sender, injectors, radiator, etc. The radiator I got was damaged and they didn't even question it and I had another one the next day. You should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back