Yikes!!!!

luckieleo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/extra/P113906.asp

theres only 5 states in the U.S. with higher premium gas prices than Illinois.

I thought we had it bad @ $2.44/gal average (in my area, $2.53 is the actual price - slightly above the average for the state)

Hawaii $2.66
California $2.65
Nevada $.2.60
Washington $2.47
Michigan $2.46

why cant this car run on water? :Bang

:L

:eek2: WOW!!! I thought we were doing bad here in Jersey. We just eclipsed 2.00ish a gallon for regular.

WTF!!!!!!! I know there was just an explosion at the refinery in TX, but that refinery was only accountable for 3% of the nations production. I KNOW that didn't put that much of a hit on the industry (wouldn't know it to hear the industry talk though).

This is really getting pathetic. Season changes, let's raise the gas prices. Presidential elections?? Raise the gas prices. Crime at an all time low?? Let's raise the gas prices. Social security reformed!!! Let's raise the gas prices.

Frikkin' oil companies use any excuse they can to raise gas prices.

Fastbird said:
:eek2: WOW!!! I thought we were doing bad here in Jersey. We just eclipsed 2.00ish a gallon for regular.

WTF!!!!!!! I know there was just an explosion at the refinery in TX, but that refinery was only accountable for 3% of the nations production. I KNOW that didn't put that much of a hit on the industry (wouldn't know it to hear the industry talk though).

This is really getting pathetic. Season changes, let's raise the gas prices. Presidential elections?? Raise the gas prices. Crime at an all time low?? Let's raise the gas prices. Social security reformed!!! Let's raise the gas prices.

shhhhhh. their next excuse.... people bitchin about gas prices... raise the gas prices! :)

there is no excuse to have gas prices this high. its not going to decrease demand. wont even put a dent in the nations demand. they know people will buy gas no matter what price it is. its a necessary evil.

i'm sure every once in a while, theres a good excuse for gas prices to go up, but not more than $1.00/gal increase in only a year!!!!

hey if i had something to sell & knew people would buy it no matter how high the price, i might sell it for a lot more too... but i wouldnt do that to an entire nation!!

THIS IS :bsflag: :mad:

Sorry Lucky, no sympathy here....just paid $2.48/gal. :mad:

If it wasn't so much fun to drive......

im in the same boat here in st.louis but heres something i wthought people would like. take this into consideration.

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This is what it costs to buy a gallon of.....
Diet Snapple 16oz for $1.29 = $10.32 a gallon
Lipton Iced Tea 16 oz for $1.19 = $9.52 a gallon
Gatorade 20 oz for $1.59 = $10.17 a gallon
Ocean Spray 16 oz for $1.25 = $10.00 a gallon
Evian water 9 oz for $1.49 = $21.19 a gallon.
Maybe that's the reason "Evian" spelled backward is "Naive" ...
STP brake fluid 12 oz for $3.15 = $33.60 a gallon
Scope 1.5 oz for $0.99 = $84.84 a gallon
Vick's Nyquil 6 oz for $8.35 = $178.13 a gallon (you are paying for all that alcohol)
Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 $123.20 per gallon
But here's the real kicker!!
White Out 0.7 oz for $1.39 = $254.17 a gallon

So next time you're at the pump,
be glad your car doesn't run on
water, Scope, or Nyquil, or, Pepto Bismal, or Whiteout

i got this off http://67.138.240.16/~jokelibr/a_joke_library.html

Yea...I guess we finally passed that high gas price we paid in the 80's. Ahhh....yes.. Then weeks later I was paying .67 cents for regular. The good ol' days in the '74 Cougar with a gas guzzlin' 351 Cleveland. "..model made before catalytic converter so it ran good on regular gas." :)

itsnotmydaddys said:
im in the same boat here in st.louis but heres something i wthought people would like. take this into consideration.

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This is what it costs to buy a gallon of.....
Diet Snapple 16oz for $1.29 = $10.32 a gallon
Lipton Iced Tea 16 oz for $1.19 = $9.52 a gallon
Gatorade 20 oz for $1.59 = $10.17 a gallon
Ocean Spray 16 oz for $1.25 = $10.00 a gallon
Evian water 9 oz for $1.49 = $21.19 a gallon.
Maybe that's the reason "Evian" spelled backward is "Naive" ...
STP brake fluid 12 oz for $3.15 = $33.60 a gallon
Scope 1.5 oz for $0.99 = $84.84 a gallon
Vick's Nyquil 6 oz for $8.35 = $178.13 a gallon (you are paying for all that alcohol)
Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 $123.20 per gallon
But here's the real kicker!!
White Out 0.7 oz for $1.39 = $254.17 a gallon

So next time you're at the pump,
be glad your car doesn't run on
water, Scope, or Nyquil, or, Pepto Bismal, or Whiteout

i got this off http://67.138.240.16/~jokelibr/a_joke_library.html

When my girls were babies, I remember being appalled at the cost of baby liquid Tylenol, and calculated the cost per gallon.

2 oz. / $5.00 = $320/gallon

EDIT: I just checked Walgreens.com and the baby Tylenol Cold is even more:

0.5 oz / $6.50 = $1,664 per gallon

forget about the petroleum industry these retail bastards are raping us........REVOLUTION!!!!!!!

Dutch said:
When my girls were babies, I remember being appalled at the cost of baby liquid Tylenol, and calculated the cost per gallon.

2 oz. / $5.00 = $320/gallon

EDIT: I just checked Walgreens.com and the baby Tylenol Cold is even more:

0.5 oz / $6.50 = $1,664 per gallon

Nothing in this list is going to get me to work! BTW I wish my car did run on water. Flat fee of $50 a month!! :Bang

Fastbird said:

The refinery explosion only has as much to do with this as people make of it (it's an excuse, not a reason). Not only is it a very small amount of total production, but the refinery's not going under 95% capacity because of it, according to BP-Amoco's President (CEO?)--the only thing they lost was the part that make octane boosters. It certainly did hurt BP-Amoco's stock prices, though, at least in the short term.

But the $56/barrel oil prices certainly aren't helping.

FWIW, on NPR this morning, they said that '81 still holds the record for high prices; adjusted for inflation, it hit prices over $3/gallon for unleaded.

That certainly doesn't make the highest prices I've ever paid feel any better...

luckieleo said:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/extra/P113906.asp

theres only 5 states in the U.S. with higher premium gas prices than Illinois.

I thought we had it bad @ $2.44/gal average (in my area, $2.53 is the actual price - slightly above the average for the state)

Hawaii $2.66
California $2.65
Nevada $.2.60
Washington $2.47
Michigan $2.46

why cant this car run on water? :Bang

:L

Be happy you don't live in CA, Tina. :( :slam
Save up and buy yourself a BMW 750hL when it comes out that way you can run off water and sunlight.

whatsupadrian said:
Be happy you don't live in CA, Tina. :( :slam
Save up and buy yourself a BMW 750hL when it comes out that way you can run off water and sunlight.

sounds good!! but if i got a car that depended on sunlight, i wouldhave to live in CA 10 months out of the year anyway!! :steering

luckieleo said:
sounds good!! but if i got a car that depended on sunlight, i wouldhave to live in CA 10 months out of the year anyway!! :steering
Not necessarly, aparently the technology should work even if you can't see the sun, UV rays pass through clouds and all.

whatsupadrian said:
Not necessarly, aparently the technology should work even if you can't see the sun, UV rays pass through clouds and all.

whatever!!! :mad: :N :L , and even if i wanted that bmw, i probably wouldnt be able to afford it!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back