Yet more immigration issues;

torquemonkey

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked this out. Has anyone else, that are part of Message Boards come across this story?
Cut and pasted from an Email

These students are In America! Not Mexico. If you want to stay here, America comes first, last, and always. Otherwise go back and make it better where ever you came from but don't try to turn my country into yours by ILLEGALLY entering mine and then demanding all the benefits of a LEGAL citizen of our nation ..... NO funding from federal tax dollars for any student out of class that day or any other day for such subversive activities.......teacher led or not.

Subject: American flag v. Mexican flag at CA high school--disgusting public acts

THE AMERICAN FLAG COMES SECOND
By Michelle Malkin(??-?)March 29, 2006 01:15 AM

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks.
You should (hat tip: Mika and F/R):

03/28 : Student protest in Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.
(Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)

Meanwhile: Mexico Cheers Passage of Immigration Bill
Like I said: Welcome to reconquista.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.

Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every Representative in the State and Federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved do not be amazed when you no longer have a Nation to call your own, nor anything you have worked for left, since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray".? Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

The battle for our secure borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.

upsidedown.jpg

upsidedown002.jpg

upsidedown003.jpg

upsidedown004.jpg

Thats disgusting!!!!:mad: Illegal idiots!!!! Always trying to get a free ride. I say send them back, and send them back now, before it's to late.

THIS IS AMERICA!!!! NOT MEXICO, POLAND, CUBA, OR ANY OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRY!!!!

This is America, if they can't accept that. Then they have to leave. Not "should" leave. Have to leave. Thats where my opinion stands.

most of them are a bunch of freeloaders anyways.

torquemonkey said:
You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks.
This story did in fact run front page of the NY Times and was the lead story for three days on CNN and MSNBC with experts explaining what was both legal and illegal about the actions and how the statement could be interpreted.

Oddly enough the statement could be seen as accurate as an upside down flag flown on a pole under the banner of another country is considered by military men (the ones who know flag rules) to mean that the base is in trouble, and is under assault from the flag of the one flown above the upside down one.

The members of the protest were all legal immigrants to the US last I heard (I may be wrong about that).

It is a chilling image to be sure, but it was accurate and the story running on the major news networks for a couple of days kick started much of the current "Illegal" hunt politics.

raVeneyes said:
Oddly enough the statement could be seen as accurate as an upside down flag flown on a pole under the banner of another country is considered by military men (the ones who know flag rules) to mean that the base is in trouble, and is under assault from the flag of the one flown above the upside down one.

By the decor (hats, piñatas etc.) and the look on the peoples faces, I have a feeling that's not what they meant by having the Mexican Flag above a turned down American Flag. I think the message was 'WE'RE TAKING OVER SUCKERS!'

Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:51 a.m. EDT

Spanish Language 'Anthem' Draws Ire

British music producer Adam Kidron says that when he came up with the idea of a Spanish-language version of the U.S. national anthem, he saw it as an ode to the millions of immigrants seeking a better life.

But in the week since Kidron announced the song - which features artists such as Wyclef Jean, hip-hop star Pitbull and Puerto Rican singers Carlos Ponce and Olga Tanon - it has been the target of a fierce backlash.

Some Internet bloggers and others are infuriated by the thought of "The Star-Spangled Banner" sung in a language other than English.

"Would the French accept people singing the La Marseillaise in English as a sign of French patriotism? Of course not," said Mark Krikorian, head of the Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies, a think tank that supports tighter immigration controls.

The initial version of "Nuestro Himno," or "Our Anthem," comes out Friday and uses lyrics based closely on the English-language original, said Kidron, who heads the record label Urban Box Office.

Pro-immigration protests are planned around the country for Monday, and the record label is urging Hispanic radio stations nationwide to play the cut at 7 p.m. EDT Friday in a sign of solidarity.

A remix to be released in June will contain several lines in English that condemn U.S. immigration laws. Among them: "These kids have no parents, cause all of these mean laws ... let's not start a war with all these hard workers, they can't help where they were born."

Bryanna Bevens of Hanford, Calif., who writes for the immigration-focused Web magazine Vdare.com, said the remix particularly upset her.

"It's very whiny. If you want to say all those things, by all means, put them on your poster board, but don't put them on the national anthem," she said.

Kidron, a U.S. resident for 16 years, maintains the changes are fitting. After all, he notes, American immigrants borrowed the melody of the "Star Spangled Banner" from an English drinking song.

"There's no attempt to usurp anything. The intent is to communicate," Kidron said. "I wanted to show my thanks to these people who buy my records and listen to the music we release and do the jobs I don't want to do."

Kidron said the song also will be featured on the album "Somos Americanos," which will sell for $10, with $1 going to the National Capital Immigration Coalition, a Washington group.

James Gardner, an associate director of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, said Americans have long enjoyed different interpretations of the Star Spangled Banner, including country or gospel arrangements.

"There are a number of renditions that people aren't happy with, but that's part of it - that it means enough for people to try to sing," he said.

Pitbull, whose real name is Armando Perez, said this country was built by immigrants, and "the meaning of the American dream is in that record: struggle, freedom, opportunity, everything they are trying to shut down on us."

Members online

No members online now.
Back