Yet Another Liberal Outrage...Bush mock war crimes trial

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Read the article and see how the liberals couch this and try to defend it by saying they also tried Clinton on impeachment. What's the difference you ask? Clinton WAS impeached. Bush has never been tried anywhere in the world for war crimes.

Just more outrageous liberal bull:q:q:q:q. Stick to teaching the darn kids how to put on condoms you lib wack nut jobs. Forget about the 3R's. This is so much more important.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/NEWS01/603020327/1005

Bush goes on 'trial' in Morris
Parsippany students confront issues of terrorism and war

BY ROB JENNINGS
DAILY RECORD

PARSIPPANY -- President Bush is being tried for "crimes against civilian populations" and "inhumane treatment of prisoners" at Parsippany High School, with students arguing both sides before a five-teacher "international court of justice." The panel's verdict could come as soon as Friday.

Teacher Joseph Kyle said the "hearing"-- he preferred that term to trial -- opened on Monday in a senior advanced placement government class. The school's principal said he signed off in advance on the subject matter.

"I knew it was a sensitive topic. Morris County is a conservative county. Parsippany is a conservative district," Kyle, 37, a teacher at the high school since 1998, said on Wednesday evening.

Alumnus disturbed

Former county Sheriff John Fox of Parsippany denounced the weeklong hearing -- where students debated whether Bush is a war criminal and questioned classmates playing administration officials and the Army general who oversaw Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq -- as "terrible"and "disturbing."

"Those are young, impressionable minds those people have control over. We don't need those liberal academics doing what they're doing. I find that offensive," said Fox, a Republican who graduated from Parsippany High School.

Kyle declined to discuss his opinion of Bush, the war in Iraq or the U.S. response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. He said he isn't trying to show up the president.

"President Bush is often tried in absentia all around the world," Kyle said.

"All we hear in the papers is, war crimes this, war crimes that -- without even hearing a defense. It would be irresponsible for a teacher to pretend that isn't happening," Kyle said.

Defense begins

At the high school, prosecutors rested on Wednesday following testimony from nine "witnesses," Kyle said.

The prosecution list included Khaled El-Masri, a German citizen allegedly tortured by U.S. forces; international human rights attorney Michael Ratner; Larry Wilkerson, chief of staff for former Secretary of State Colin Powell; retired CIA foreign policy analyst Ray McGovern; and U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld were called by the defense before the seventh-period class concluded, Kyle said.

The defense will resume its case today with eight additional witnesses and, possibly, a verdict -- decided by two English teachers, one history teacher, a guidance counselor and someone from the school's media department, Kyle said.

Morris County Freeholder Jack Schrier, a Republican, said he was "truly outraged" by the war crimes hearing.

"It's not un-American. We do have freedom of thought and freedom of speech. But we're a nation at war. Not only this teacher, but so many others in the nation, have lost sight of that," Schrier said.

Principal supportive

High school Principal Anthony Sciaino defended Kyle.

"I think that the way he's doing it, in that it's more of a debate, makes it ideal and connects perfectly with the AP government curriculum," Sciaino said.

Kyle is no stranger to controversial topics. Starting on Tuesday, his sophomore class will put former President Andrew Jackson on trial for alleged abuses against Native Americans.

Kyle insisted that he doesn't have a partisan agenda. While teaching at Montclair High School, he conducted an impeachment trial of President Clinton while he was in office.

"There's nothing bad with exploring evidence on both sides," Kyle said.

Kyle said he received several letters from parents who were "all complimentary" of the war crimes hearing.

One thing that Kyle said he would like to keep private is the verdict.

"That decision is going to be sealed," he said, explaining that students will be told the outcome but asked not to tell others.

Geez, put down the crack pipe Bryan. This is just a hypothetical class exercise intended to get students to think about the world around them. This is not some elaborate brainwashing scheme cooked up by "liberal" teachers. For all you know, the teacher is a fellow shrubbie using this mock trial to show his students that trying BuSh on war crimes is a rediculous idea. And how do you know that the earlier "trial" that teacher had on Clinton didn't take place PRIOR to his impeachment? I believe you are jumping to conclusions here, but then again knee-jerk reactions before all the facts are in is par for the corse from the right.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
This is just a hypothetical class exercise intended to get students to think about the world around them.
This is an exercise in Bush bashing. Quote: "President Bush is being tried for "crimes against civilian populations" and "inhumane treatment of prisoners" at Parsippany High School." So this exercise involves Bush being ACCUSED of bombing civilians and torturing prisoners. Sure, no Bush bashing going on here.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
This is not some elaborate brainwashing scheme cooked up by "liberal" teachers.
And you believe in Santa Claus too I bet. That is exactly what it is. Guilt by association. Bush is guilty of killing women and children and guilty of electrocuting the testicles of innocent men. He has been accused and now has to prove himself innocent. OK. Not obvious brainwashing.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
For all you know, the teacher is a fellow shrubbie using this mock trial to show his students that trying BuSh on war crimes is a rediculous idea. .
No conservative would pull such a stupid stunt. Only a rabid, foaming at the mouth lib would do this and you know it. Just look at the charges. Why aren't the Chiefs of Staff for the Pentagon being accused or the Commander at the prison, or the pilot who dropped the bomb, and the street soldier who pulled the trigger?

JohnnyBz00LS said:
And how do you know that the earlier "trial" that teacher had on Clinton didn't take place PRIOR to his impeachment? .
Quote: "Kyle insisted that he doesn't have a partisan agenda. While teaching at Montclair High School, he conducted an impeachment trial of President Clinton while he was in office."

Guess we don't. Will need to dig a little deeper for the truth.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
I believe you are jumping to conclusions here, but then again knee-jerk reactions before all the facts are in is par for the corse from the right.
Looking in the mirror again, eh? Can you say Port deal?

There is plenty of Bush bashing going on, then again, all presidents get bashed on, it goes with the job. But I really think you're jumping to conclusions here, this is just a hypothetical exercise, besides, Bush will have a defense team to counter the prosecution. Did you read where the sophomores are putting Andrew Jackson on trial? I don't think there's a mass army of Andrew Jackson bashers still around.

95DevilleNS said:
There is plenty of Bush bashing going on, then again, all presidents get bashed on, it goes with the job. But I really think you're jumping to conclusions here, this is just a hypothetical exercise, besides, Bush will have a defense team to counter the prosecution. Did you read where the sophomores are putting Andrew Jackson on trial? I don't think there's a mass army of Andrew Jackson bashers still around.

Andrew Jackson is dead. Clinton is not in office anymore so I don't care.

Bush is our President. He is in office. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. Might I add that we are at WAR. This will further degrade the United States in front of the whole world. Heck, see, even the people in the United States are trying Bush for war crimes. Hate, hate, hate.

We have people on this board calling for impeachment. I could go on and on.

All over the MSM there are rabid people foaming at the mouth calling him a killer, liar, whatever. This feeds right into that line of attack. Geeez. Look at the headlines and what he is being 'tried' for. I don't expect you guys to understand this at all. But I would guarantee that you would be up in arms if it was a Democrat sitting in the Oval office accused of the same things.

Talk about, rabid, foaming at the mouth! Have you looked in the mirror?

barry2952 said:
Talk about, rabid, foaming at the mouth! Have you looked in the mirror?
No, but I've looked in the toilet. Should I describe what I saw?:shifty:

MonsterMark said:
Andrew Jackson is dead. Clinton is not in office anymore so I don't care.

Bush is our President. He is in office. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. Might I add that we are at WAR. This will further degrade the United States in front of the whole world. Heck, see, even the people in the United States are trying Bush for war crimes. Hate, hate, hate.

We have people on this board calling for impeachment. I could go on and on.

All over the MSM there are rabid people foaming at the mouth calling him a killer, liar, whatever. This feeds right into that line of attack. Geeez. Look at the headlines and what he is being 'tried' for. I don't expect you guys to understand this at all. But I would guarantee that you would be up in arms if it was a Democrat sitting in the Oval office accused of the same things.

The only reason the "rest of the world" would hear about this is by knee-jerkers like you blowing this way out of proportion and making a stink about nothing. Even YOU said that BuSh was being hated upon in the MSM, therefore that hating was already taking place, and it did NOT ORIGINATE w/ this particular teacher. If the rest of the world hears about it it will be because of the knee-jerk conservative news media making it out to be something it is not. You only have yourselves to blame.

...It is entirely inappropriate for gradeschool teachers to indoctrinate their students with this wing-nut crap. And putting democrat Andrew Jackson on trial doesn't make it bi-partisan or fair. In fact, that just underscores how anti-America the guy is.

The implication is that these high school kids are smart enough and have enough of an understand to actually have "critical" discussion on issues like this. THEY DON'T. The "informed" ones get their news from the Daily Show.

And, if the public schools are going to error on the side of caution, the public schools should error on the side of nationalism and pro-American takes on things. Frankly, that's really one of the purposes of a public school system, pro-country indoctrination. They'll get plenty of nonsense, leftist, America hating crap if they go to college.

Calabrio said:
The implication is that these high school kids are smart enough and have enough of an understand to actually have "critical" discussion on issues like this. THEY DON'T. The "informed" ones get their news from the Daily Show.

That's a pretty broad generalization you make there about high school "kids". If you really think that is true, what does that say about all this NCLB stuff?
:rolleyes:

JohnnyBz00LS said:
That's a pretty broad generalization you make there about high school "kids". If you really think that is true, what does that say about all this NCLB stuff?
:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with NCLB.

But the NCLB does emphasize how POORLY the NEA and the bureaucrats running the public education system have performed to date.

See my NCLB thread for the Bush successes and the investment comparison in education between the Clinton and Bush administration. Shocking to say the least.

I will NEVER understand why people support the liberal agenda and Democrats in particular. I chock it up to decade after decade of brainwashing by the MSM when there was no competition and no other message. My mommy and daddy were democrats and their mommy and daddy were democrats. But just like the Town Car, eventually the customer base will die off. The number of kids growing up and embracing a conservative political posture despite the best efforts of our de-education system is at an all time high and growing, so things look good for the future of America.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back