Yes, yet another coil question

livelifefreely

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of threads on coils, but still not sure if I have the same symptoms. My car does fine under normal driving conditions, but as soon as I need to accelerate like pulling off a ramp onto the highway or go to pass a car it starts to sputter like crazy. Coils were replaced less then a year ago along with valve gaskets. We got hit with 7 inches of rain in about two days last week, so I had a lot of wet driving. Could that have caused a coil problem. Sorry about posting another coil thread.

Have you changed your plugs too?

Fuel filter?

yes - mostly on the Gen2 - the gasket the seals the COP cover from the valve cover tends to leak and allow water (usually from rain) to get into the COP area....

I will be trying to change the plugs and filter this weekend. This car was probably not a good buy for me because I don't know s*#t about working on cars.

Use the Tech Articles.. I really suck at working on cars too.. but that section is tremendously helpful and well written.

There was an issue with the cowl seal allowing water to leak onto the engine, then into the coil wells.

Members online

Back