Yep. Democrats sure Suck!

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this guy is fair and balanced in his treatment of DeLay's issues. LOL

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory.mpl/metropolitan/3188696

Prosecutor in probe of DeLay PAC raises funds for other side

Earle's speech on political corruption keys on the GOP leader, whom he likens to a bully

By MICHAEL HEDGES
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau

Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle, who denies partisan motives for his investigation of a political group founded by Republican leader Tom DeLay, was the featured speaker last week at a Democratic fund-raiser where he spoke directly about the congressman.

A newly formed Democratic political action committee, Texas Values in Action Coalition, hosted the May 12 event in Dallas to raise campaign money to take control of the state Legislature from the GOP, organizers said.

Earle, an elected Democrat, helped generate $102,000 for the organization.

In his remarks, Earle likened DeLay to a bully and spoke about political corruption and the investigation involving DeLay, the House majority leader from Sugar Land, according to a transcript supplied by Earle.

"This case is not just about Tom DeLay. If it isn't this Tom DeLay, it'll be another one, just like one bully replaces the one before," Earle said.

"This is a structural problem involving the combination of money and power," he added. "Money brings power and power corrupts."

The crowd of 80 to 100 Democratic activists responded by making donations that exceeded the event's fund-raising goal.

Show me a prosecutor anywhere in this country that isn't either a repug or dem. They all have greater aspirations and are all affiliated with a political party. The fact of the matter is that Delay really is a :q :q :q :q bag.

Joeychgo said:
I never heard you complain about the two faced Swift Vets ~
Well then hear me now. What the h e l l are you talking about? Those guys knew who John Kerry was inside his soul and thankfully alerted the world to avert a tragedy. I spent months working with the SWVT and they are the best example of what made and makes America great! And trust me, they will be front and center if John Kerry ever decides to run again.

In the meantime, we're working on Hillary. Man I hope she wins the nomination guaranteeing us another 4 years in the White House.

Bryan,

Since I am not a Democrat I didn't take direct offence to your title, However I think it's time for you to turn in your Moderator badge as you are the worst example of abuse of power. You chastised me for calling Dertyclown a moron (which he clearly is and freely admits to) yet you clearly and repeatedly insult anyone that doesn't agree with your tunnel vision.

I ask you to tender your resignation immediately or I will post a poll about your behavior for all to see. You are an embarrassment to your cause.

.............................Hate to point out the obvious but actually that's an administrator badge...

And actually Bry's a great addition to our cause...why just the other day when we were peeing on poor people I said "When we take over the worl"...OH CRAP!!!...secret's out Bryan. Now everyone knows were evil republicans...time to change identities again...

You just make it so easy Dertyclown. This is your support base Bryan. Think about it.

barry2952 said:
Bryan,

Since I am not a Democrat I didn't take direct offence to your title, However I think it's time for you to turn in your Moderator badge as you are the worst example of abuse of power. You chastised me for calling Dertyclown a moron (which he clearly is and freely admits to) yet you clearly and repeatedly insult anyone that doesn't agree with your tunnel vision.

I ask you to tender your resignation immediately or I will post a poll about your behavior for all to see. You are an embarrassment to your cause.

Please read the rules of the forums on LVC. No personal insults are allowed. The title in no way is a personal insult. Feel free to send a PM or alert to Joey. I don't believe I am in violation of the rules. Maybe I am wrong. I'll let Joey decide that. In the meantime, please feel free to post your poll in the Political Section Only. As admins, we agreed to allow alot more leeway in the give and take of the political section.

I know your problem has been that I do not favor or encourage direct attacks and I know dertyclown said a disparaging thing to you. I apologize for that. But when you shoot back calling him a moron, that's just not necessary. I sent the appropriate PM to dertyclown and advised him of the rules and we have not had another incident. It is not my intention to chase people off the site. Actually, it is my intent to draw more people in. Provocation does that. But please, keep things generalized and everything will be fine. And as far as this whole mod status of mine or whatever you have the hangup about, I could care less about the 'title'. I have been here since Day 1. Since the 1st hour. The 1st member. The 1st person to ever see the board go online. You have to understand the amount of time and effort I have put in since then. I hope you understand that commitment I made and are able to continue to enjoy the site and the way it is run. We all seem to have fun here. We all poke and pluck. We all give and receive. That is why this forum is so fun and so well read. So post away on the poll. I'm curious as to the results myself. See, I never take things personally and never intentionally intend harm on anyone. I just want to be as 'out there' as possible because that is where the action is and that is what our 'customer' is looking for in the Politics Only Section.

Take care,

barry2952 said:
You just make it so easy Dertyclown. This is your support base Bryan. Think about it.
Come on Barry. The guy is just taking a poke at you because you keep bringing up his name. I told you I had a conversation with him. Everythings been fine. Why stir the pot?

dertyclown, I respectfully ask you to please take a step back so we can all continue to enjoy this forum with all participants involved. I don't want anybody to leave. Thank you.

That's the problem Bryan, respect. You don't seem to have any for anyone that doesn't agree with you. You have clearly abused contibutors repeatedly. You have used this site as your bullypulpit and I, for one, am sick of it.

As many have said before, including Joey, "You are a sick man" and you only fan the flames of hatred of anything you personally don't believe in.

barry2952 said:
That's the problem Bryan, respect. You don't seem to have any for anyone that doesn't agree with you. You have clearly abused contibutors repeatedly. You have used this site as your bullypulpit and I, for one, am sick of it.

As many have said before, including Joey, "You are a sick man" and you only fan the flames of hatred of anything you personally don't believe in.
You're 180 degrees out of phase. I have respect for everyone that participates on this site. I will always 'challenge' contributors to stand up for their beliefs. That is what I respect. Hey, Rich and I don't agree on almost anything politically but I know we both enjoy each others company. Joey and I have had it out 'big time' on other sites and we are best of pals and work hard together to make this site the best it can be. Ron and I are bi-polar. We get along just fine. As far as a bullypulpit, what's that about? I enjoy 'pontificating' because there is a lot of misinformation out there being spoon fed to the general public and it is my intent to 'equalize' the 'noise' that people receive. If people don't care what I have to say, fine by me. They won't click on the thread or they will skip over my posts. That's the beauty of the internet. A person can pick and choose what they want to see and read. I am sorry you have found my arguments to be both provocative and forward. I am very busy right now so I don't have the time to think and rethink everything I post. I think if you would take the things I say with a grain of salt and a
icon10.gif
here and
icon12.gif
there, you wouldn't find it so bitter to swallow.

Like I said, I give, to be sure, but I have also demonstrated time and again that I am more than willing to take as well. Have I ever used my 'power' here to step on anyone. Show me one example in my thousands of posts. Just one.

Heck, even Geno who comes on here once in a while and tosses his "Bush is a pile of ...", which I find offensive because iI happen to like Bush, doesn't make Geno my adversary. We have great chats and he is a great guy.

One has to separate the politics from the personal. That is why I frown on the personal attacks. Enough said I hope.
icon6.gif

barry2952 said:
You're confusing that with strong personality and strong-will. In my profession, I work with all 'A' personalities. If I want to get things done my way, I need to be forceful and convince people that my way is the best way. I deal with people who disagree with me everyday. But I believe in myself. Call it arrogance. I call it confidence. That is just the way it is for me. And Joey knows I've been sick for a LONG, LONG time. He just hasn't been able to find a cure for me yet.
icon9.gif

All I'm saying is that you appear to be intelligent enough to make your point without being a JACKASS.

I do agree that controversy brings people to a site but it also drives them away. I don't think you are any more strong willed than I but my barbs are reactionary and your are only meant to inflame and instill hatred of an opposing point of view.

Look at the reaction of some of your followers. One guy wants to shoot people that burn flags and another thiks it's funny to do vandalism to property. If that's what you're selling I don't think many are interested.

My attacks are against your misuse of this space. Lively discussion is one thing but starting off by insulting half the voters in this country is a personal attack, plain and simple. If you don't see that then I have possibly overestimated your level of intelligence.

Wouldn't you have raised interest by stating that "Democrats misguided again"
rather than "Yup, Democrats sure Suck". You'd still get people interested without the vitriol.

I've tried reasoning with you in PM. You always have some excuse for you and your supporters. You have stepped over the line with this title and I have no problem taking you to task. I don't use stupid smileys as an excuse for poor writing.

MonsterMark said:
You're confusing that with strong personality and strong-will.

Barry is playing you. Barry tries to be an expert at that which he accuses you of on the Lincoln Forum.

The only input I have seen here from Barry in the last couple of weeks is to cut and paste articles he finds, and then denigrate those who spend a considerable amount of time responding, with trite one liners.

He wants to rant, not discuss.

I live in one of the most liberal cities in the world. Liberals, moderates, and conservatives discuss issues all the time. We disagree, somewhat heatedly at times. 15 minutes later we are all buying each other beers.

Vitas

barry2952 if you are not a Democrat then why are you taking offense, I am a Democrat and i don't take offense at Bryan, because i realize that some Democrats not all really do suck.

pepperman said:
barry2952 if you are not a Democrat then why are you taking offense, I am a Democrat and i don't take offense at Bryan, because i realize that some Democrats not all really do suck.
Pep, same for me. Both parties have the real dozzies that make the rest of us look bad for sure. The thread title wasn't the best but you can't win them all I guess.

pepperman said:
because i realize that some Democrats not all really do suck.
My wife's a democrat, but it's none of your business if she sucks or not :N :Beer :)

Vitas said:
Barry is playing you. Barry tries to be an expert at that which he accuses you of on the Lincoln Forum.

The only input I have seen here from Barry in the last couple of weeks is to cut and paste articles he finds, and then denigrate those who spend a considerable amount of time responding, with trite one liners.

He wants to rant, not discuss.

I live in one of the most liberal cities in the world. Liberals, moderates, and conservatives discuss issues all the time. We disagree, somewhat heatedly at times. 15 minutes later we are all buying each other beers.

Vitas

Let's not get into attacking members. Debate the topic, not the member. This is not the place to attack or flame other members. Everyone is entitled to his opinion without being personally attacked for having it.

For example...
We all know Monstermark is a right wing nut job, but we respect his right to be that way and like him anyway. We just destroy all his arguments. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Back