yay! my stuff shipped! :)

luckieleo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Due to get here tomorrow from fordpartsnetwork.com i orderd the valve cover gaskets & pcv, and an air filter too.. :woowoo2:
since i'm paying $8.00 for shipping, might as well make it worth it! pretty good prices thru there too!

i probably wont have time to fix everything this weekend. so probably will start repairs late next week or next weekend. cant wait! :)
i'll probably pick up the coil packs next weekend from my moms friend who works at ford & get 1/2 price. i might as well do it all at once.

what is the dealership price on each coil pack for a 2000 LS v6??

Mechanical Catalog - Lincoln
VALVE COVER GASKET, LS6, Outer, Left - 3.0L DOHC 2000 - 2002 1 $8.55

VALVE COVER GASKET, LS6, Inner - 3.0L DOHC 2000 - 2002 2 $6.05 $12.10 Status: Sent

VALVE COVER GASKET, LS6, Outer, Right - 3.0L DOHC 2000 - 2002 1 $8.52

PCV VALVE, LS6 2000 - 2002 1 $13.46

Mechanical Catalog - 2000 - Lincoln - Ls
Maintenance and lubrication, Engine service, Filters, Air filter, AIR FILTER, LS6, LS8 1 $16.30

I priced a COP from one of my dealers @ 79.00!! :soapbox:

I usually get all my parts from Torrie aswell.

Chris_n_FL said:

aw :q:q:q:q, i thought i remember someone saying they were $35!!!!
i called the schaumburg LM & they told me $75/ea... i thought maybe they were mistaken!!! :Bang crap!!!

i just may be able to get them for 1/2 price... even so, 1/2 price is still $40 a coil!!!! WTF?!!!!! :soapbox:

yeah, i just checked fordparts, i looked up coil packs & came up blank, then i did a search for "coil" are they called Ignition coils? if so, fordparts has em for like $56/a pop.

what about autozone's coilpacks... i think the wells coils were around $35/ea... anyone had bad experience with those??
will they last as long as the motorcraft?

How long does it usually take for them to ship stuff? I just ordered a few things like two days ago, and the status says "on order."

PrOpAiN said:
How long does it usually take for them to ship stuff? I just ordered a few things like two days ago, and the status says "on order."
Normally they'll send you a confirmation email with a tracking number.

PrOpAiN said:

depends what it is... i placed my order April 1st. just shipped yesterday. they usually send tracking info the day it ships.

i also ordered that LINCOLN letters thing form there before, and that must have been in stock cuz it shipped the next day. :Beer

and they ship from FL, so for me it only takes 2 days.

Yeah... I'm thinking they'll prolly ship it out sooner or later, it's just a few ashtrays. LOL I can wait.. hehe
Oh yeah, and some Lincoln letters for my speaker box I'm thinking. :wrench

Chris_n_FL said:

Do a search on this forum and you will find MANY conversations on the topic. The price has gone up and the only way you will find them for around $40 is if you find old stock somewhere. I was lucky and found my local O'Reileys had one. Autozone and Advanced Auto have been hit and miss for me.

lsbit said:
Do a search on this forum and you will find MANY conversations on the topic. The price has gone up and the only way you will find them for around $40 is if you find old stock somewhere. I was lucky and found my local O'Reileys had one. Autozone and Advanced Auto have been hit and miss for me.

well, my mom gave me her friends cell phone# and he can get me the coil packs at 1/2 price which comes out to 34$ each (thats including tax) and that ford place is only about 30 minutes from me...
but even at that price, looks like i wont be getting them THiS weekend... aside from normal weekly spending, i just ordered my headlights/fogs ($145 total), plus i have got to get my hair cut/highlighted ($120!!) and pay for my registration sticker ($78). i think its already expired, but the paper says theres only a fine if paid after april 31st, so im gonna do that this weekend too just to avoid getting pulled over! yeah, my paycheck tomorrow is pretty much spent. :( :L

Members online

No members online now.
Back