Yay Cruise Control again!!!!!

96hotrodlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the local Lincoln Dealership and they have the new wiring harness to fix the cruise control. I've been without for months and needless to say, I'm ecstatic. For those of you that are still waiting, it might not hurt to call.

Let us know how it all works out and post some pics, as I have heard a few stories about the "Fix" not being very good.

I origionally called the dealership back when this recall first started. I was told that they had the part in stock for sure! I get down there & it was another story. I basicly told them to go & screw themselves. A wasted trip for nothing.

I simply just put a fuse inline with the switch & called it good. Ford & the dealers both really screwed things up on this deal & they suck! I am not worried about my car bursting into flames because of this switch anyways. It's a joke if you ask me.

Why did they disconnect the plug for months anyway? Why not have all of the parts available before the actuall recall?

I origionally called the dealership back when this recall first started. I was told that they had the part in stock for sure! I get down there & it was another story. I basicly told them to go & screw themselves. A wasted trip for nothing.

I simply just put a fuse inline with the switch & called it good. Ford & the dealers both really screwed things up on this deal & they suck! I am not worried about my car bursting into flames because of this switch anyways. It's a joke if you ask me.

Why did they disconnect the plug for months anyway? Why not have all of the parts available before the actuall recall?

It's not a joke my uncle's 93 went up in flames because of the switch.

I'm not even sure where the damn harness is that they disconnected in the first place, I know it couldn't be too hard to get to, cause it only took them like 10 minutes. If I knew where to look I'd take some pictures. Somebody point me in the right direction and I'll make sure I get them.

On a 93 its below the master cylinder. 94 and up is near the air-ride compressor, behind the wheel well liner. Its hooked into the brakes lines so its easy to spot.

I took mine in way back and they did nothing. Said "all done" but I still have cruise. Odd.

Come on, How many marks have burnt because of this? Yeah I can see the 93 being at a higher risk because of the location.

Still, Why not have the parts availible? My friend took his 94 Mark in & they kept the car for 2 freakin hours & all they did was unplug the connector. He was furrious & said he won't return. They still don't have the correct part in. They said they only have the parts for the trucks.

You know, I only drive fords but the more you hear about them the more you wonder. Just like the GEN1 Mark VIII headlights, You could run into something 10 feet in front of you, The GEN2 HID's being discontinued, The explorer's & firestones, The 6.0 diesels having to be reflashed over & over again, The Crown Vic P71 gas tanks exploding, etc. They wait until the last possible moment to fix these issues because the Feds get involved. It's all about the cost vs. the lives lost.

Now that I got my frustration out I won't have to run someone off of the road when they flash me because of my HID's! :p :p :p

On my 93, the dealership had to remove the steering shaft, too remove the switch. They said thats what Ford shows.
They kept it overnight. I did not mind, rather have the Dealership burn down instead of my house.
Called then today, said maybe in May for the switch.

Come on, How many marks have burnt because of this?
They wait until the last possible moment to fix these issues because the Feds get involved. It's all about the cost vs. the lives lost.

Answered your own question... obviously enough to make it cheaper to do a recall than to pay for damages.

im not sure if the markviii uses the same jumper harness as the crown vic but those harnesses are available, ill look into it more on monday

As far as I was told, the harnesses are different. So the cruise control does work but now I get a noise when I set the cruise control. It sounds like a mechanical noise, like some kind of rubbing from some moving part. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it never did it before.

Members online

Back