yay! alternator

vr4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
on my way to work the heater shut off and the battery light started flickering. i guess the cold weather took it out.

ill test it but im 99% sure its failed. fkn 37k mile POS:mad:

My alternator and battery are barely 4 months old, and 2 weeks ago during near freezing weather my engine bay got wet and since then I get periodic battery lights, but I haven't noticed a dip in performance or anything. Now every morning when I put on the lights to drive to work the headlights turn on, and 2 seconds or so later the interior dash lights come on, anything to worry about? I'm asking this because I'm going to be adding a stereo system in the coming weeks..

My alternator and battery are barely 4 months old, and 2 weeks ago during near freezing weather my engine bay got wet and since then I get periodic battery lights, but I haven't noticed a dip in performance or anything. Now every morning when I put on the lights to drive to work the headlights turn on, and 2 seconds or so later the interior dash lights come on, anything to worry about? I'm asking this because I'm going to be adding a stereo system in the coming weeks..

My Advice to you is get a beefier alt. I have killed 3 stock and 1 rewind.
Im the next couple of weeks I will be installing a 300Amp at idle alt.

Hey at least its easy to get at. I did a alternator recently on my fathers 00 Cougar....car in the air, pass wheel off, drop tie rod end....

my sister has a 99 cougar... I hate it. One of the largest pieces of junk to come out of FoMoCo in the last two decades

Well I was refering to Plant Eff ups, not powertrain similarities. :p

I thought the focus was a pretty decent car?

I've got no experiance with them though so... this is just what I've heard

I had a 00 Thier first yr debute, I had over 20 recall notices. which most of the time the dealership gave me greif about honoring it.

2.5 cougar is much harder than the focus. the subframe has to come down;)

cougar is also available with the 2.0 4 banger

I did it with just the passenger tire off, belt sheild off and dropping the outer tie rod off, it had to be spun and fanagled but it came out. Had to break the top bolt free from the top side but took out the rest from the bottom. Going back in was easier as I left the L bracket off to get it fanagled in first.

I forgot the Couger had a 4 banger also.

the focus is decent, few little probs but text book, that damn cougar on the other hand is a recycled contour and you wanna talk recalls nothing beats the contour. funny thing is most of the recalls involved the car trying to burn itself down, it knew it didn't belong and was trying to kill itself

cobra alternator is on.

gotta lengthen the battery cable about 2 inches.....

I had a 00 Thier first yr debute, I had over 20 recall notices. which most of the time the dealership gave me greif about honoring it.

just curious all those recalls, did you ever have any actual problems with the car,
i remember people complaining about the first year recalls ,but after that i think i read the focus became one of fords most reliable cars.

the focus is decent, few little probs but text book, that damn cougar on the other hand is a recycled contour and you wanna talk recalls nothing beats the contour. funny thing is most of the recalls involved the car trying to burn itself down, it knew it didn't belong and was trying to kill itself

I agree, Im trying to get my GF to ditch her 04 sunfire for an 07 focus (08 is ugly)

some problems coming up with the focus lately are alternators failing and acuum lines rubbing thru (VMV vacuum line specifically)

I had the leaky focus aka sinking boat, none of the door seals actually did thier job, I had several Fire related recalls, I had one memorable recall about my trunk hinges not being fastened up correctly. and there could be a problem with the decklid flying away. :lol:

Man 130A is not enough for me, the oasis draws 110-150Amps by itself.

Members online

Back