Y'all just don't know...

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been in Atlanta for a few days now. I rode down here (1200+ excruciating miles) in a late nineties purple dodge caravan. I'll let you clean up the vomit before I continue...

Since being down here, I've rode in not one, but TWO ford foci. Sister in law and brother in law both own them. At least his is a hatchback with a manual transmission. But still, it's a damn focus.

Really makes me appreciate the LS that much more all over again. I miss seeing it in the morning, the rituals before work (start her up, turn on angel eyes, do a walk around to check tires or any obstructions, quick look over the paint, back in to pick out tunes, etc.), actual bass from whatever music I'm playing, and just an overall pride to be in the car I put work into and, to me, looks damn good because of it.

I especially miss walking through the parking lot going into a store, and turning around to admire the lines of the car before entering the store.

Crazy? Probably. :D

Can't wait until Monday night. I may have to go for a spirited drive when I get home.

That is all. Enjoy your LS'es today. I'll be riding in a f*cking Focus.

I have always owned great, unique looking cars/trucks....always got complements from them all....but the LS......people can't get enough of it....and are amazed and confused what it is. I can't get away from people saying...nice car...what is that?

I always used to get stuck with a "Fuc-us" as a rental car. I think the seats were intentionally designed to make me uncomfortable no matter how I adjusted them.

I've been in Atlanta for a few days now. I rode down here (1200+ excruciating miles) in a late nineties purple dodge caravan. I'll let you clean up the vomit before I continue...

Since being down here, I've rode in not one, but TWO ford foci. Sister in law and brother in law both own them. At least his is a hatchback with a manual transmission. But still, it's a damn focus.

Really makes me appreciate the LS that much more all over again. I miss seeing it in the morning, the rituals before work (start her up, turn on angel eyes, do a walk around to check tires or any obstructions, quick look over the paint, back in to pick out tunes, etc.), actual bass from whatever music I'm playing, and just an overall pride to be in the car I put work into and, to me, looks damn good because of it.

I especially miss walking through the parking lot going into a store, and turning around to admire the lines of the car before entering the store.

Can't wait until Monday night. I may have to go for a spirited drive when I get home.

I can relate with the morning ritual as well as the look back going into a store. It hard not to look at the car especially when it is problem free at that moment:D

other than a front end clunk im chasing... couldn't agree more... We went costume shopping last night, so I spent the night driving all over town. It would have been horrible (although sexy costume shopping isn't the worst way to spend a monday night) Had i not been in the LS... Somedays, you just get those nights where they run just a tad better then any other day. NIce cool night, running PERFECT, new sub going, car clean and looking good...Just Perfect

other than a front end clunk im chasing... couldn't agree more... We went costume shopping last night, so I spent the night driving all over town. It would have been horrible (although sexy costume shopping isn't the worst way to spend a monday night) Had i not been in the LS... Somedays, you just get those nights where they run just a tad better then any other day. NIce cool night, running PERFECT, new sub going, car clean and looking good...Just Perfect

This was my night last night to a tee (excluding the sexy costime hunt)! The night was cool and I washed it yesterday. It was running and driving great. It was one of those zen moments drivng the LS. Having it lowered now makes the LS an entrielly differant driving experince. It actully feels like a sport sedan now:D

Pek, did you have sexual relations with that vehicle?

(anyone have a picture of the guy banging a car from the back?)

I almost always look back at my car when walking away, I can't get enough of it! As a matter of a fact, my avatar picture is a "look back" moment from when I was checking the mail the other day, lol! Nothing is better than when the LS is problem free, sparkling clean, and just being an all around nice car. ESPECIALLY at night when it's cooler out (as cool as it gets in Southern Florida) and the LS is just floating down the highway..

I always do the look back but to catch everyone in the parking lot staring at my car. :D

Dude, I feel that. I was driving my girlfriends Impala for the last two days while my car was in the shop. Not that the Impala is a bad car or anything, its actually pretty decent. But there really is no comparison between the two. Every time I went around a turn I felt like I was going to flip with all the body roll. The Impala felt so squirrely and unattached to the road. The LS of course feels like it is part of the road. Every time I drive another car I come back to the LS and appreciate it that much more.

Oh, and I do the same thing at stores hahaha. My girlfriend always gives me crap for turning around half way through the parking lot and just admiring the LS from afar. "But its so pretty..." I tell her lol.

I know how you feel pete, felt like that when I had to get a rental after my highway accident.

See, thats why you can't get rid of your ls :D

sh!t, i bet those foci where like a 7 series compared to the caravan! lol

Dude, I feel that. I was driving my girlfriends Impala for the last two days while my car was in the shop. Not that the Impala is a bad car or anything, its actually pretty decent. But there really is no comparison between the two. Every time I went around a turn I felt like I was going to flip with all the body roll. The Impala felt so squirrely and unattached to the road. The LS of course feels like it is part of the road. Every time I drive another car I come back to the LS and appreciate it that much more.

Oh, and I do the same thing at stores hahaha. My girlfriend always gives me crap for turning around half way through the parking lot and just admiring the LS from afar. "But its so pretty..." I tell her lol.

I actually test drove an Impala right after test driving the LS. I took both for a very spirited drive through some twisties. It only solidified my decision to purchase the LS. :D

I can't say I've ever worn a "sexy costume" before.

And, since when did Halloween become "National Dress Like a Slut Day" anyways? Not that I'm complaining. Just wondering. :D

I know how you feel pete, felt like that when I had to get a rental after my highway accident.

See, thats why you can't get rid of your ls :D

Agreed. Though, an Aston Matin DB-S could sway me to sell...

sh!t, i bet those foci where like a 7 series compared to the caravan! lol

For sure. Plus the damn minivan has a hole in the muffler (or a hole somewhere in the exhaust). I was wondering why I was getting such bad headaches on the way down. AT first I attributed it to my 5 and 2 year old kids being generally loud and annoying. Then I realized the constant drone of the exhaust was probably the culprit. I'm seriously considering having them drop me off at the airport and flying back. Just gotta figure out if it's worth the scratch.

I find that when I'm driving the LS for a while, I tend to take it for granted. As a human this is my flaw. And its not until I ride in my Bros Altima, or a Honda, or my in-laws dodge caravan, that I realize just how GOOD the LS rides and feels.
The leather seats are soooo comfy. The way she will prowl the streets in the late evening when finishing shopping, or coming home from work. Its like it says "this is my town! This is my owner!" and rolls about like it owns the place!

Pektel! Gentlemen! In the years to come, despite what may change in our lives, Let us never forget the Name - Lincoln LS :Beer

Always gotta do the look back half-way across the parking lot to check out the sexiness.

And, since when did Halloween become "National Dress Like a Slut Day" anyways? Not that I'm complaining. Just wondering. :D
its the the same day that girls buy their own costumes instead of their moms

When parked at work, I always park the LS so I can see it at all times looking sexy :) and to make sure no one is dickin around my car!

take a ride in a focus that has been modified its a whole different animal.

my DD is an 04 zts with a 2.3 duratec. try on an svt focus, a saleen, a roush, a steeda, or the crazy rs,

they will outperform the ls all day long with a few mods

It all depends on what you like in a car. they are cheap, easy as heck to maintain, get great mpg and have more aftermarket support for them than any lincoln ever produced!

and the first gens have a bold look to them that needs a few tweaks to bring out

check out these guys

http://www.focusfanatics.com

take a ride in a focus that has been modified its a whole different animal.

my DD is an 04 zts with a 2.3 duratec. try on an svt focus, a saleen, a roush, a steeda, or the crazy rs,

they will outperform the ls all day long with a few mods

It all depends on what you like in a car. they are cheap, easy as heck to maintain, get great mpg and have more aftermarket support for them than any lincoln ever produced!

and the first gens have a bold look to them that needs a few tweaks to bring out

check out these guys

http://www.focusfanatics.com

They're still FWD appliances.

Members online

No members online now.
Back