XW4U-12A366-BB will this work on a 2000 3.9 engine, Coil question

ovsims

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok after the shock of finding out ford changed the part # on the coils and then almost doubled the list price I've been looking around for some coils for a good price close to what we use to pay for the same part. I found someone selling some with the part #'s DG-490 & XW4U-12A366-BB and say they will fit the 2000 LS 3.9 V8 engine but I wanted to be sure before I order them. Does anyone have a clue as to why Ford changed the part number and double the price but more importantly will these work on my car.

ovsims said:
Ok after the shock of finding out ford changed the part # on the coils and then almost doubled the list price I've been looking around for some coils for a good price close to what we use to pay for the same part. I found someone selling some with the part #'s DG-490 & XW4U-12A366-BB and say they will fit the 2000 LS 3.9 V8 engine but I wanted to be sure before I order them. Does anyone have a clue as to why Ford changed the part number and double the price but more importantly will these work on my car.
Octavius,

Did you contact Torrie at FPN to see if he can get them cheaper? As for changing part numbers, Ford does that constantly and the rhyme or reason will be forever a mystery. I know that lsbit bought some that were aftermarket and he hasn't had any issues with it. Maybe he'll chime in and let you know where he got his.

GrayGhost1 said:
Octavius,

Did you contact Torrie at FPN to see if he can get them cheaper? As for changing part numbers, Ford does that constantly and the rhyme or reason will be forever a mystery. I know that lsbit bought some that were aftermarket and he hasn't had any issues with it. Maybe he'll chime in and let you know where he got his.

its not that they changed the part #. they just have updated coils and with updated coils come new #'s that supersede the old. old #'s will work. just wont be the newer coils.

joedirt said:
its not that they changed the part #. they just have updated coils and with updated coils come new #'s that supersede the old. old #'s will work. just wont be the newer coils.
Well, then that is understandable. I work for an engineering firm and part number succession is part of configuration control.

GrayGhost1 said:
Well, then that is understandable. I work for an engineering firm and part number succession is part of configuration control.

:yourock:

yeah but to double the cost what could be so special about the new coils

Members online

No members online now.
Back