XM Radio Install - Lincoln LS

Kuda makes a mount that puts that to shame. Do a goggle search. If this is something you are considering, you won't be sorry. They make a mount that looks factory and can be used of a lot of different accessories.

Dartastic said:
Doesnt look bad but does anyone know what the dealer install looks like?
By dealer install, I presume you mean the Dealer-installed Sirius. It looks nothing like that; the only obvious sign of the Sirius install is the Sirius antenna on the roof. Its cable goes under the trunk seal to the back glass seal, then snakes around under that to the middle of the top edge of the back glass. From there it goes ~4 inches towards the front of the car. (The antenna is maybe 2" long by 1.5" wide by .75" tall.)
This is what mine looks like:
sirius-antenna-4.jpg
The dealer-installed Sirius unit is controlled through the factory head unit, so there's no external display.

sirius-antenna-4.jpg

SoonerLS said:
By dealer install, I presume you mean the Dealer-installed Sirius. It looks nothing like that; the only obvious sign of the Sirius install is the Sirius antenna on the roof. Its cable goes under the trunk seal to the back glass seal, then snakes around under that to the middle of the top edge of the back glass. From there it goes ~4 inches towards the front of the car. (The antenna is maybe 2" long by 1.5" wide by .75" tall.)
This is what mine looks like:
View attachment 10981
The dealer-installed Sirius unit is controlled through the factory head unit, so there's no external display.

Try installing the antenna yourself. Locate a spot right under the dash pad and under the windshield. Don't believe what every one says about the antenna having to be outside. I stuck the antenna there on my Cobra to a metal brace under the dash. No antenna showing and I have GREAT reception. I can even get it perfectly in my garage. I have never lost a signal. Try it!

2001LS8Sport said:
Try installing the antenna yourself. Locate a spot right under the dash pad and under the windshield. Don't believe what every one says about the antenna having to be outside. I stuck the antenna there on my Cobra to a metal brace under the dash. No antenna showing and I have GREAT reception. I can even get it perfectly in my garage. I have never lost a signal. Try it!
Then you're almost certainly near one of their terrestrial repeaters. If you're getting it in the garage, you're not getting the satellite signal. When you're near a terrestrial repeater, then it really doesn't matter where your antenna is located.

i have an alpine head with xm and we mounted the antenna on the rear window by the brake light and no problems at all. that is the only sign the car has xm wouldn't be without it . on long trips no chasehing a good station and crystal clear. jd

SoonerLS said:
Then you're almost certainly near one of their terrestrial repeaters. If you're getting it in the garage, you're not getting the satellite signal. When you're near a terrestrial repeater, then it really doesn't matter where your antenna is located.

All I can say Sooner is I have never lost the signal no matter where I drive. There have been others say the same thing. I would sure try it before I mounted that thing where it sticks out like a sore thumb...and where anyone could vandalize it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back