XM Installation

tbirdnlincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know that some of this has probably been presented in pieces in various forums before,
but I need some assistance in installing my XM in my 02 LS with the Alpine in dash CD changer.

I plan on installing a Pro Fit LC-53-00 bracket, and P.I.E. FRDN-AUX direct input adapter. I have directions from Pro Fit (http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/LC-53-00.pdf) lincolns online (http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article82.html) , and lloc on how to get to the radio, and was wondering if there are any additional suggestions to help me accomplish this. I am also planning on installing a power socket somewhere behind the dash under the console, tapped into the radio power (retained power accessory) wire & ground. I don’t really know how to get the console pieces off or where exactly to get space and access for the socket and wiring. I am also uncertain of where to run the wires from the mounted XM to get to the socket, the PIE adapter and the antenna. Finally, I am looking for suggestions on how to run the antenna wire. It looks like I will be mounting it in the center of the roof, and run the cable under the weather stripping along the windshield. Then there is the matter of how to get it inside. On my Aurora, I ran it through the door crack, and taped it to the door jam. On the LS, there is a rubber plug in the jam. Can I run the antenna cable through this hole and still get the plug back in? Thanks!

cut and grommet a small hole in the trunk rail area. then seal it with silicone and wire loom it yo where it comes out from under the windshield.
Eric

so i just got down doing this about two weeks ago. it is as easy as some people make it sound. and i have never taken the dash and or the majority of my car apart. just be careful and go slow. do a search and you can find how to take the dash apart and get back in there. plan on it taking a while, its pretty hard to get all the wires jammed back in there. plan on sticking the "box" that comes with PIE unit over behind the glovebox and it will make every thing better. everything you need to know has already been posted.

When I installed my XM I ran the antenna through a hole I drilled in the trunk rim under the gasket and siliconed the whole closed. The wire was alittle short. So, I removed the bottom of the back seat (just pull up hard) and ran the wire under the center console (two or three screws).

I tried to use that FRDN AUX piece and didn't have much luck.
On the 2000 LS the factory CD changer must be disconnected and I got quite a bit of static.
Let me know how it works, maybe mine was defective.

There was a thread awhile back that gave the instructions for taking the dash apart in detail and another that gave wiring color codes but I can't seem to find them maybe you'll have better luck.

Keep in mind that most of the XM units run on 6V so you can't just cut the plug off unless you have some experiance with electronics. You're on the right track with hiding a 12v recepticle in the dash. I had plenty of room.

Members online

No members online now.
Back