xcal2 question

eL eS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am attempting to upload a new file for the first time and I have removed the fuel pump and electric fan fuses as the documentation states. However, when I attempt to upload the file I get a power on time out message. I noticed the lights on the instrumentation cluster are not illuminated as they typically would be now that the fuses are removed.

Do I have to remove those fuses to upload the file?

Uh, I never had to remove ANY fuses when I used my Xcal2.

^^^^^^^^

+1

No, your electric cooling fan will run on 03 + and will stop when when up loaded.

Thanks Ken. The doc states that you should and Torrie said he never had either. IIRC back in the day it was a documented work around for uploading. I wont bother next time though.

Thanks very much for the speedy reply.

I have an xcal2 question Im kinda new in this computer age tunning I was just wondering were can I pick one up at I just installed a CAI on my 01 ls and I would like to get a programer? thaks for the help

Yep use Torrie. Best tuner and awesome customer service plus he already has a few years experience with this product on our vehicle.

I would just buy the xcal2. Livewire has some great features but it would be up to you to decide if there is any added value in them. I upload my tune(s) and that is all.

Yeah the Xcal sound really good now Ive just gotta decide what I want first, drop kit, body kit, Xcal..... dang I hate being indecisive.....:mad:

I recommend not picking an Xcal3 up just yet. They are having one hell of allot of problems. Just go with an Xcal2 if you will be ordering in the next few months. If you do not make your purchase for another 4 months then maybe consider the Xcal3. As for now there are quite a few bugs with them; and not a large enough difference in the what average person will use it for to justify going with the newer model instead of the tried and true Xcal2.

yeah the xcal 2 will be for me I realy dont need 3 different settings, just two one stock and the other all out you know max power, firm shifts , no park and nutral rev limit, that would be it for me dont realy know I guess Ill figure it out when I get one..

Yeah I have not found the need for obsessive tweaking. The xcal2 and Torrie have served me well.

If Torrie enables your end user adjustable settings then there is allot on your tune that you can tweak with the Xcal2. The tunefiles themselves are still the same between the 2 and 3.

what is xcal2? sorry im still learning about the ls...

check out http://www.sctflash.com/. In short it is a programming tool used by tuners which enables them to increase engine performance and/or improve response of some electro-mechanical subsystems such as the throttle by wire found on 2nd Gen.

In my humble opinion it is the best mod for these cars.

If Torrie enables your end user adjustable settings then there is allot on your tune that you can tweak with the Xcal2. The tunefiles themselves are still the same between the 2 and 3.

Yeah I knew they could be unlocked but I do not know enough about engine management yet so I won't go there. It is nice to know that there is this added capability. Definitely an added value item for modders.

Yeah I knew they could be unlocked but I do not know enough about engine management yet so I won't go there. It is nice to know that there is this added capability. Definitely an added value item for modders.

The end user adjustability is configured so that very very very little potential damage could result from messing with the settings. It is not like the entire tune is unlocked and ready for "Joe Schmo" to mess with and blow their engine or trans up. It is very user friendly. I just tuned a guy last night and went over a little of the end user adjustable items. He doesn't know anything about vehicles and even he didn't seem too hesitant so I would expect that once you take a look at things that you will feel the same way.

Some things typically available for adjustment (if fully unlocked by your tuner) are:

Idle speed
Rev limiter
Spark Retard (no advancement due to safety reasons)
Speed limiter
WOT Trans shift pressure
WOT Speed based transmission shifts
Rear axle (gear swap)
A/F enrichment

check out http://www.sctflash.com/. In short it is a programming tool used by tuners which enables them to increase engine performance and/or improve response of some electro-mechanical subsystems such as the throttle by wire found on 2nd Gen.

In my humble opinion it is the best mod for these cars.

^^^ +1 and CAI.

Members online

No members online now.
Back