XCal2 Problems

Smokey

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I already posted in the SCT forums, but also wanted to check with you guys here since the response time is usually much quicker. I returned my LS to stock, then downloaded and installed the latest firmware v1.14 into the XCal2. All went very smooth, not a single problem, that is until I tried to load my tunes back into the tuner. Now it will no longer accept any of my tunes. I tried Xtreme tune, LiveLoad and my Advantage PRP software. No luck using anything. When I try the LL, it wil get as far as writing the options file, which it succesfully completes and then errors out with " failed downloading file".

Any ideas guys?

Just noticed something. On my Xcal2 it will no longer go to the "MAIN" menu. When you plug it in, it shows "Program Vehicle SEL to Begin". No matter what I do, it will NOT go into a MAIN menu like it used to. Very strange indeed.

AND, it will NOT allow me to load the older version of the firmware, telling me it has a newer version installed. This really sucks big time. :(

Can you unlock it through Live Load? If so try unlocking it first and then reinstall your tunes. Don't know if that will help but its worth a try.

don't have 1. but does it need to redownload your factory flash first? I mean did reflashing it cause it to lose your stock tune? just a thought.

Before updating I returned my factory tune to the LS, then updated the firmware. I did manage to resolve the problem. In frustration I did an "erase all files" using the latest LiveLoad program. Now it will allow me to upload my tunes. I flashed one of them into the LS and all is now good again. :)

What was strange, even using the PRP Advantage software it would not allow my tunes to be loaded. After clearing all the files I loaded 1 file each using the LiveLoad, the ExtemeTune and the Advantage software and all 3 file loaded without a hitch. Go figure.

2003 LS Power Improvement?

I also have a 2003 LS V-8 Sport. Really thinking about the XCAL2. Car is slow off the line and I think the flasher might help. What is your opinion of this?
Thanks!

It does help off the line, at least for me as I have bumped up the timing and the tune itself helps reduce the "mushy" TBW feel. If you decide to get an Xcal2, then talk to Torrie at http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com. It's the only way to play with the LS, IMHO.

I agree, the Xcal is amazing, and Torrie can do wonders with it.
I've only had mine for a month or so, at first it was giving me problems with the tunes, e-mailled Torrie the next day he sent me a tune to test it,
it worked great, press the throtle no more 1 sec. delay, the shifts were fast and quick. What I didn't like was the hard shifts at crusing, so e-mailled Torrie about, sent me 2 more tunes (free of charge, the ones that came with the Xcal, were giving me an error), at city driving(crusing) the shifts are the same as stock, once you go at WOT, the settings all change, and you have again the fast, no lag shifts.
Torrie can do what you ask on the tunes, like he told me, everyone likes something different, communication was great, always responded within a few hours, I would definately deal with him again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back