X pipe question.

nick88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to get new exhaust. I'm goin with a dual in/dual out :shifty: Flowmaster:shifty: no resonators and a X pipe. My question is where should I put the X pipe before or after the muffler? Thanks.

Here is a couple of things I found

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38445&stc=1&d=1224869762[/iimg]

The “X” Crossover concept is the latest in exhaust technology. Our “X” Crossover setup will always be as good or better than the traditional H-pipe. In some street situations, you will not be able to tell the difference by the seat of the pants. We make the above statement not to "belittle" the benefits of the "X" Pipe Crossover technology, but to inform you that in a lot of street situations, you just won't feel any difference. With this in mind you might find spending the extra money worthwhile. It has a unique sound that many really like.

[url]http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/17880_1999_cobra_x_pipe/index.html[/url]

[ATTACH=full]38445[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• X-pipe dyno.JPG
    X-pipe dyno.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 336
this is interesting, i'm contemplating doing my exhaust, since i have a 06 there isnt much gains from a new exhaust. i was considering getting the X-Pipe back and some mufflers

So do it. Who cares if there's little gains in power - at least you'll know the car is on when it idles. :D

yeah but i'm cheap right now spent over 3,000 on putting mods into the LS and im not even home yet... if i could do the set up for under 500 i would.

Theirs members that have had systems made for that.

rim's, tire's, tune, cai, sound-system/DVD, HID's, LED's for every-thing. but im still looking for the LS Reverse White Face EL Glow Gauge that LSKconsepts are sold out of :(

You don't want 'em. I have them now and they're coming out next weekend. They don't fit the Gen IIs correctly due to different needle design compared to the Gen Is.

I picked up a set of just regular white face gauges from eBay. Has the correct layout and everything for the Gen IIs.

from what i'm hearing bassani is the best x-pipe for the money, which magnaflow muffler is recomended?

An X pipe is pretty much an X pipe. The one I have is from Magnaflow. don't pay more for something because of the name.

The gauge overlays I got on eBay. Just search on there, you'll find them. I think their site might be www.whitefacegauges.net but not sure since the stuff is home.

I like that white face, but i wanted some thing that would change the color to maybe blue or some thing differant.

An X pipe is pretty much an X pipe. The one I have is from Magnaflow. don't pay more for something because of the name.

Actually I beg to differ, a Bassani x-pipe has a patent on there design and reduce exhaust scavaging over any other x-pipe design. You can get a universal x-pipe for about $70 and get a universal bassani x-pipe for about $100.

Has anyone experienced any problems after converting from factory H pipe to X pipe ????
I'm asking this question because my brother wants to install a custom made x pipe and a friend of his told him that it's bad for your car ??? I know it's not true but my brother insisted to ask you guys( The Experts :D ) .

Has anyone experienced any problems after converting from factory H pipe to X pipe ????
I'm asking this question because my brother wants to install a custom made x pipe and a friend of his told him that it's bad for your car ??? I know it's not true but my brother insisted to ask you guys( The Experts :D ) .

Take your right hand and slap the guy that said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bassani is stamped and not the best merge. I had one on my Mustang and it did not sound good. Go w/ a Dr. Gas X and have it custom fitted as close to the engine as you can (practically) get it for best performance. Merge the gases while they're as hot as possible for the best scavenging effect.

Members online

No members online now.
Back