WTB Gen 2 LSV8

Clean like how? No accident clean? No miles clean?

Aesthetically clean exterior and interior no rust on frame taken care of preferrably not in an accident with low miles.

Any clean ones I find are gone as soon I call. Others the owners wont part with. The rest are beat up or marked up polished turds at a stealership with a "service history" that "run fine".

I get that its been 20yrs and totally understand I'll be fixing it in some form just dont want a total hunk of crap. Already paying an inflated price on it so at least trying to get a nice one.

Not for nothin', ya' might be better off building it yourself. And at least you would know that everything was copacetic

Yeah... good luck with that.

You had me until you said...

"Aesthetically clean exterior and interior no rust on frame taken care of with low miles."

Mine has been taken care of. That's about it at this point. :rolleyes:

Even if it was a barn-find pristine LS that somebody's grandpa died in that then became a time capsule, almost every piece of rubber and/or plastic would be in need of repair, replacement, or rebuilding. Only 20+ years old but it'll be like hunting down a 60+ year old car

Yeah... I would assume that even if you got close to what you wanted... all the bushings in the suspension parts would be dry rotted... and the shocks would be junk.

There's about $2k in parts right there.

There' are 2 Gen II LS-V8's on cargurus.com in California with less than 100K miles in the $7-8K range right now. No way to guarantee there's no rust somewhere. Personally though, I think restoring the LS you have might be a better idea

Truth be known... when my LS gets to the point it's unrepairable, I will probably go back to a Panther body.

I have found a few that are a good deal, but a couple hundred miles away.

One actually has the console shifter (like the Marauder).

The Panther body is tweakable. Just gotta stay away from the 2003-2007 model years.

They like to spit out spark plugs. (the 4.6)

The 5.4 Triton is just as bad for that.

Was trying to avoid rebuilding my own and just keep it for parts. The only turn off besides the labor is that the frame is rusting as it came from an area of more salt and snow.. so theres no point to rebuilding it all Id rather jump ship.

Well there are relatively clean ones out there. Just need a clean frame really to start at least, a minor accident repaired properly is fine.

It took me a year to find the one I have. I just really dont want a completely trashed one and thats the majority.. There are 3 in prestine condition near me but the owners are keeping until they die it seems.. who maintains them all I dont know.

Yea I found a hole or two.. its just getting to that tetering point where I dont think its worth it major work anymore. I guess I'll hold out. It will probably be the last one I own since theres just no way to find parts anymore.

You could buy 4 wrecks for the same price as a pristine find. Get a left-side impact, a right-side impact, rear-ended, and front-ended. Then you'll have a head start on parts of every kind. Just try to keep the interior colors the same (or close) and add paint. Easy-peasy

Aesthetically clean exterior and interior no rust on frame taken care of preferrably not in an accident with low miles.

Any clean ones I find are gone as soon I call. Others the owners wont part with. The rest are beat up or marked up polished turds at a stealership with a "service history" that "run fine".

I get that its been 20yrs and totally understand I'll be fixing it in some form just dont want a total hunk of crap. Already paying an inflated price on it so at least trying to get a nice one.
Well mine is clean jnside and out with 80k miles but needs all bushings replaced, had an exhaust leak from resonator can't seem to pinpoint it with exhaust off plan to put different setup on it tho

Members online

Back