WTB Cold Air Intake for Mark8

Maybe Geno can help on that one. Unless you go with the K&N flat replacement filter

Would like to purchase a cold air intake for my 98 Mark, PM me please and thank you!

The intake manifold itself is going to make more of a difference. I suggest a 96-98 Cobra intake manifold at which point your CAI setup could consist of an 03-04 Cobra throttle body tube with a MAF adapter from Pep Boys for $20 and a K&N cone filter right behind the passenger side headlight. A shroud around the filter could make it closer to a true CAI setup keeping the heat from the engine bay down, but regardless you should see some better performance from the intake manifold than you will ever see from deleting the air box and making a CAI setup.

This is what you want:
CAI.jpg

If you can put a shroud around the filter, even better. If you can relocate the airride compressor and run the filter in the fenderwell, that would be even better yet other than a custom ram air setup like "Right on the Mark" has which I think is basically a CAI setup with some sort of forced air entry.

CAI.jpg

You can keep looking for one. the only one i know about really is on geno's site along with the ice box. personally what i did was remove the air silencer and drilled some holes in the bottom of the current box. slapped in a k&n panel filter and called it a day. thats about the coolest air youll get for the cheap and when you remove the silencer and drill the holes you increase your air flow.

+1
By far the best set up, nothing really beats the air box and the above mod. And some seafoam!

In a lot of other post here and on other site, may moons ago, the drilling out of the air box was suggested a waste of time and with no extra effect. It was also mentioned that the original box was a better set up unless you were putting the money into the car to create a forced air system or add a SC to it. Like I said before all the cone does is look cool when the hoods up ...

I was like you back years ago wanting to create some affordable cold air system ...

Oh and you can't get Geno's cold air box ... it's listed on his site but since 2004 he's only had them available once for a very short period of time ... very short. Everyone has found away to create their own.

You can keep looking for one. the only one i know about really is on geno's site along with the ice box. personally what i did was remove the air silencer and drilled some holes in the bottom of the current box. slapped in a k&n panel filter and called it a day. thats about the coolest air youll get for the cheap and when you remove the silencer and drill the holes you increase your air flow.

+1. That's all I did on mine. Later, I thought about making my own CAI with a cone filter and all that, but was concerned about it sucking in more hot air without something like LMS (Geno's) icebox system to go with it, so I never got around to it. It wasn't really a high priority because I was happy enough with what I'd already done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back