WTB Bolt for front suspension

danny_holtermann

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Mark VIII
Welli went to the local Junkyard today and they wanted to charge me 10 bucks for three bolts and a 5 dollar enviromental fee crap.. So i stared at him and walked out.

So i am in need of three bolts, i need the square headed bolt that goes in the caster block that holds the uca on. Then i need two bolts of the bolt that goes through the strut and then goes through the lca back through the strut. I am scared to go to ford to see how much they want to stretch my a$$hole out. so if anybody has these laying around i am willing to pay you 15 bucks to box and ship them.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "square headed bolt" I just used two bolts from the hardware store for my uppers.

I have 2 lower bolts/nuts as well.

You don't necesarily need that squre headed bolt. If you buy a new UCA it will usually come with a standard hex head bolt. I would just use a grade 8 bolt. The nice thing about the OEM bolt is it will not spin when installing. This is probably a big reason for it being square since it speed sup manufacturing by only requiring 1 tool. That said, the OEM bolts are usually very good. Check with a dealer. You never know, they may be inexpensive if they are shared with another car.

$15 for all is not that bad. You will definetly pay more from Ford. Especially those lower strut bolts.

Please be careful of the use of grade 8 bolts for suspension work. One reason for the 'higher' number is that they are harder and that means more brittle. Spend just a little more at a bolt supply and get some of the 'Supertanium' or other brand X-tra quality pieces that have a heat treatment at or above 200,000 psi.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back