WTB 00-02 Lincoln LS Auto/Transmission 5R55n

386Motoring

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for almost two months now. Luckily i have other vehicles to drive so i can afford to wait for a better deal. I've been consumed lately with work around the house and now i'm ready to tackle this job. I have a friend willing to help me remove/replace the transmission. I was curious if anyone had any advice or things to look out for?

My transmission just died on me recently and when i removed the dip plug on it and according to the service manual i was supposed to get little or no fluid coming out. Instead i had about 2 gallons of burnt fluid with a charcoal metallic appearance to it. I actually got that stinky fluid all over the ground cause i wasn't expecting so much to poor out. I was parked on level ground and the last time i tampered with the fluid was at 70k miles i had a flush done. My car currently has 82k miles on it now. The code came up for a bad shift solenoid and the reverse stopped working before i drove it in my garage.

Thanks for any input. If you know of a transmission for a good price then please let me know. I'm ready to purchase very soon.Thank you everyone!

Here is a picture of my LS.

Copyof100_2339.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back