Wrecked the LS :(

rivman

LVC Member
Reaction score
I had a wreck this past Monday with a parked car. Took my hands off the wheel for a few seconds to fix a lid that came off a white castle cup. Long story short I plowed into the side of an Olds. The appraiser came out on Wednesday and looked at the damage and estimated $5,000. The dealer called and was ready to take it in with a $5,200 estimate for repairs. They have not seen the LS yet. There is damage to the front fender, both passenger side doors, and the rear panel. Should I try to have it totaled out or just repaired? It's a 2000 LS V8 w/ 130K on it. Outside of my "new" damage, the body was in near perfect shape for a 8 year old car! Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Never had a wreck before in my life.....so this stinks!

That sucks man. I'd just total it, the depreciation value is getting out of control.

5 grand isn't too bad. If insurance is gonna cover the tab, I'd say get it fixed. But there's no sense in dropping your own money into a car that isn't worth much more than 7 or 8 grand to begin with, unless you really like it and plan to keep it for a long time.

Oh and Btw... TTIWWP! :p

That sucks man. I'd just total it, the depreciation value is getting out of control.

As much as I have liked past vehicles when they are totaled... I'm just glad to walk away. After my last daily driver met its demise, I picked this 2001 up a couple months ago for $6000 (after a bunch of haggling), local car with 92k on the clock. Good luck, your replacement LS is out there.

DSC02251.gif

Wow 6 Grand for a 2001 with 92k? I payed 6200 for my 2000 with 52k. I bought the Ls due to my 06 Galant getting totaled. Tractor trailers really do some damage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back