Wow... somebody else figured it out too

FLM had a good thing going with the LS but unfortunatley they seem to be behind the power curve when it comes to Lincoln. However one thing that we must remember is that having a car that has little family history like the LS can be a pain in the butt when it comes time to repair/upgrade. Simply because there is so small a market for those parts. Ford knows they can keep prices down by reaching in the parts bin and buliding another car.

oops... had a message, but realized i read the sentence in the article wrong. nevermind.

I gotta say, I'm really surprised Caddy sold nearly twice as many vehicles as Lincoln this year.

Qbrozen said:
I gotta say, I'm really surprised Caddy sold nearly twice as many vehicles as Lincoln this year.

Have you seen what Caddy is pumping out!

Awesome cars with great performance....

What does Lincoln have? Lincoln is great if you want an SUV.

Qbrozen said:
The reason is that Cadillac advertised a helluva lot more than Lincoln. Out of the past 7 years how many Lincoln LS commercials did you see? The last three years were pitiful. Out of sight...out of mind!

I never had to see a commercial to buy my LS. Seeing it on the street was good enough for me. No commercial is gonna be enough to lure me into spendin 20 30 40 plus grand.

I agree. I buy Fords because I like them. All GM cars are front wheel drive crap and they all look like they are clones of the same model. I like the LS because it is v8 rear drive car that is sporty and luxorious. Americans would rather buy crap in the masses than not. It seems that only recently people are interested in rear drive sporty cars again.

I'm not a huge gm fan by any means but that's QUITE a general statement and frankly innacurate.

mikedeezy123 said:
I never had to see a commercial to buy my LS. Seeing it on the street was good enough for me. No commercial is gonna be enough to lure me into spendin 20 30 40 plus grand.

Yea...first time I saw one, I was impressed and that was before I ever needed a 4 door. I knew I would get one at some point. I just waited until I could afford a used one. :) If you've got something good, word will get out. The LS is just caught in that strange market. It's not a Lexus or BMW but it's beyond a Maxima and other lower-end sedans.

lsbit said:
Yea...first time I saw one, I was impressed and that was before I ever needed a 4 door. I knew I would get one at some point. I just waited until I could afford a used one. :) If you've got something good, word will get out. The LS is just caught in that strange market. It's not a Lexus or BMW but it's beyond a Maxima and other lower-end sedans.
I agree with your entire quote from waitin till i could afford one to the strange market thing.

mikedeezy123 said:

It was that commercial of it dusting a BMW that first got me interested in looking at an LS. I would say they did a good job with that...it worked with me.

Ford must be doing something right since GM just layed off 50,000 employees. I love my LS and the engineering. As well when I owned a mustang. I'll always own Fords.

just the way i look at it

Advertising is were its at, and Lincoln never did or rarely did. I first saw the LS while coming home from College and was like "damn, that is a nice car, whatever it is." Finally found out what it was and started looking into them.

I used to be a gm guy, sort of, but they are pissing me off and so I turned back to FoMoCo. My parents love ford aswell, we have a '82 f-250, '91 Ranger, '96 f-150, 2 t-birds ('94-96) one is mine, a 2003 f-250 SD and just got a 2003 f-150 on 12/3.

Do not plan on owning another GM or Dodge product anytime soon.

V-8 said:

What does Lincoln have? Lincoln is great if you want an SUV.

hahaha... man, that's funny ... know why its funny? Cause Caddy sold twice as many Escalades as Lincoln did Navigators. And about 1.5 times SRXs as Aviators.

Meanwhile TownCars sold almost 1.5 times the amount of Caddy STSs.

hmmmmm... tell me again about Lincoln only being good for SUVs...

I'll give ya one point in that CTS trounced LS sales ... but, in my opinion, the $30k base price is what did it, not the product.

I never even knew the LS exsited, I was looking at Grand Prix's when I spotted the LS. Did not buy the first one I looked it, but after I drove that one I looked in to them more and bought one from a differant dealer....

the LS is not what you think of when you here "lincoln" that is lincoln's problem. Cad. as done a better job of appealing to the "younger" or "wish they were younger :p " crowd..... Lincoln still as "old man syndrom"

Never understood why someone would buy the crappy cts v6, base model. For what you pay you don't get much imo. And if you want that performance(v-series) you have to pay, but yea, I would take a 6-speed cts-v over an LS, but that is few and far between due to the fact that I won't have that money for sometime to spend on a car anyway.

Besides, I love the attention I get in the LS from any type of driver, older, younger, my age, import tuner, its nice to see them look over and seemed amazed by this Lincoln and than see me sitting in the drivers seat. I've kind of gotten over the fact that the LS is "dead," I got mine and soon they well be like alot of older nice cars as more people continue to drive them to the bone yard and/or get something else that is trendy.

kleetus said:
All we need to do now is get Ford to get their Chit together and follow suit...

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/innovate/content/dec2005/id20051205_915995.htm

Seems the serious trend is to go back to rear drive, Gee who would have guessed?
Yeah that explains why the new car in my sig isn't a Ford 500 or equivalent.

In all fairness, there is a market for FWD luxury cars - look at Acura. It seems that's where Lincoln is headed, but a Fusion rebadge is not the answer. I also have a hard time believing a 500 rebadge with a 4.4L V8 in it will be the answer.

V-8 said:

I hope that your not talking about the CTS. Unless its a V, its WEAK

I test drove the CTS, and I was not impressed at all. The interior looks super cheap(black with orange lighting), and the exhaust drone is way to loud.

I liked the LS commercial that had the driver doing doughnuts in the parking lot and the tag line was (loosely paraphrased) "have a few doughnuts with your coffee", and showed cup holders in the center console.

Though the more "Lincolnesque" one IMHO, where a LS was "cruzin" along Floridas highway in the keys and a guy pacing the car in a cigarette boat had said " man I gotta get me one of those" while flashing over to the LS driver and he said, " I gotta get me one of those."

My source at a Lincoln Dealership, had told me that Lincoln doesn't have the money to advertise due low sales. Hence not seeing many commercials. However, as a working class Hero that I am, I choked down a Wimbeldon and a few cycleing events back in 2002 and saw those commercials. I would surmise that it may be a Socio-Economic thing.

What a sad post this is, makes me depressed thinking that this is really the last year for the LS as we know it. Sucks so much I have been craving one of these rides for 5 yrs and I finally buy one and boom thier done making them. FLM is slowly killing RWD market and to bot I am think and thin FLM but seems to me its time to jump to a 06 LSE or Jaguar XJ sedan in a few years.

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
What a sad post this is, makes me depressed thinking that this is really the last year for the LS as we know it. Sucks so much I have been craving one of these rides for 5 yrs and I finally buy one and boom thier done making them. FLM is slowly killing RWD market and to bot I am think and thin FLM but seems to me its time to jump to a 06 LSE or Jaguar XJ sedan in a few years.

I'm right there with ya. When I first heard of and saw the LS, I thought "finally, an american manufacturer car that i like!" (too bad i couldn't afford it)

Then when the '03s came out, I watched a test drive show on speed channel (i'm sure its been talked about around here before) showing a reviewer and racecar driver beating the hell out of a pair of LSs around Laguna Seca. Man! I just drooled over that whole thing and kept waking my wife up to say "look at that! did you see that?!"

Anyway, now I FINALLY own an '03, and I'm glad for it, its just so sad that the car is being killed off completely. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back