Would you take your Eldo quartermile races?

eldo99er

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to my first quartermile race ever - in my Mustang. I got off to a bad start due to my wheels spinning but made 16.12.

Should I take my Eldo next time or should it not be pushed so hard? It moves awesomely on the highway but the quartermile does put a lot of strain on the car, so what do you think? Would I beat my 16.12?

I would not race her every weekend unless you got $$$$s but but a couple of passes down the track is fun and isnt going to kill her

Why would you want to quarter an Eldo? It's more fun to sit at red lights next to ricers and laugh as they try to keep up. The sounds of their frantic shifting will sit in the back of your head as you slowly doze off every night.

16.12 out of a mustang at sea level? V6?

Anyway yes I would and have take my Eldo to the dragstrip (when it was functional) and will again once it's ready.

It's a 260 hp V8, actually. But I have to say, my tires slipped when I accelerated hard. Since I won"t drive the Mustang in winter due to the rear wheel drive, I am considering taking the Eldo to the races instead.

The Eldo accelerates really well when already moving, but not as well as the Mustang from a standstill.

With a good launch in good air that Mustang and the Eldo should be in the mid-high 14s.

Members online

No members online now.
Back