Would this alternator work with factory power wires?

JattGary

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My 3rd factory 110amp alternator has died. Now the car is out of warranty. I have to pay for it out of pocket this is what my car has 2 amps in the car one for my door speakers and one for the two 12" subs. Nothing too big just normal 450 watt amp for inside speakers and a 750 watt kicker amp for the subs. The car does have a capacitor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

well lets start off by saying wut generation lincoln ls u have and the motor. if you have a 1st gen 3.9l v8 then yes it will fit however it might not be just a direct swap. you might have to fabricate a connector. also it is highly recommend to upgrade you charging lead and ground straps when you upgrade to a high output alternator. this is called the BIG 3 UPGRADE. try searching on google on doin the big 3 upgrade. being that the battery is located in the back you are going to have to run either some 4 gauge or 0 gauge wiring on top of the factory wiring to get the best output form that alt.

its a 02 V8 I really don't want to go through the whole big three thing.
the main question is would this thing burn the stock wire and work fine with the stock battery?

it should run fine with the stock battery and wiring...but its kind of recommended....but hey...im just a lonely lincolnvscadillac.com troll...what do i know...

I don't know if I'd call mine a "system". Meaning, I have a generic premade vented enclosure. There was not a lot of thought that went into it, and I just sort of bought stuff as it came along. I didn't have a plan. But I just have the stock alt, and an optima yellow top. But I believe I'm only running 500w rms to my sub right now.

Once I get the new amp, I'll reassess my situation, and buy a new alt. Then I will upgrade the wiring at that time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back