Would a 5.5 cu. ft. box fit in my 04 ls ?

mr_myko

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right forum, but i am trying to buy a 15' subwoofer and i want 2 know would a 5.5 cu. ft. box would fit in the trunk of my car, i dont really care for space

5.5 cubic foot is not going to fit a 15 FOOT sub.

Do you mean 15"?

Can it fit? yes. you will not really have any trunk left over though. Don't know if you'll need to remove the spare tire cover and the wheel to get that sub in there or not.

I think you mean smartass. a jackass would not offer any useful information. I on the other hand did offer the information he asked.

He specifically asked about a 15' speaker.

you weren't kidding about the "rage" part in your username, were you? sheesh.

need box measurements but prolly no. iirc our trunks are only 15" top to bottom

need box measurements but prolly no. iirc our trunks are only 15" top to bottom

That's why I was suggesting he may need to remove the spare tire cover, and the wheel to utilize that extra room.

That's why I was suggesting he may need to remove the spare tire cover, and the wheel to utilize that extra room.

Yeah, I figured that but I was so offstruck by lloyds internet rage I forgot to add to your comment

i have a 15" kicker in my truck with a big ass box it fits but i can not push it back so i really dont like it im going to have custom box built this summer for it

So it just won't fit under the rear shelf? That should be easy then. The custom box should work without haveing to remove the spare.

it does a little but not all the way back. i didnt remove the spare at all

Right, I guess I was only thinking about the distance from trunk floor to the rear shelf. Not from trunk floor to trunk lid once trunk is closed.

lol, you guys knew what i ment. so it would be better if i go with a 12" subwoofer that box would only be 3.5 cu. ft.

Go with a sealed enclosure instead of ported, you won't use as much space that way. I am putting a 12" in mine pretty soon, 1 12" facing down to be able to still get to the spare. I will post pics after it is all done if you would like to see what I mean. The total cubic feet is just about 1.5 which should be plenty for 1 12" also from what I understand.

my sealed box for my two 15"l7's is 3.2 cubes per side (6.4' total) and it fit. it was designed and built for this car and getting it in was a b1tch. i wouldn't count on any box fitting, but it is possible.

you know you could put the box in from the back seats more clearance ? no yes..

i had 2 jvc 12s in my trunk and couldnt push it past the the bumps in the trunk. it was two wide.so i didnt have too much room in their and i didnt think that it would matter but it did so i just picked up a new memphis m3 10inch and it fits so much better. all the way back and it sounds much clearer. and if you get a quality speaker 2 10s could sound way better the 2 12s or 15s. bigger isnt always better

I found a box for two 12's that fit under the rear deck with that cover panel removed and I fit the N2O bottle between the rear seats and the box.. Stealth.. :)

l_b07c05d20dd9421895b639ea0113fe73.png

Don't mean to hijack either, but found stock 17's with original factory rubber for 300 :) No more painted stockers for me, I liked em but not that much..
l_72f5aa97e84d4c438c100b1a13a5f50d.png

^^^ Thats a camera phone pic btw hehehe

Members online

No members online now.
Back