Worth the trade, 03 LS sport?

J3FF

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As many of you know I have an 02 LS Sport. Well down at the local dealer, they have a black on black 2003 Lincoln LS V8 sport. 29K, every option but navigation. They are asking $17,900. It looks just like mine, but only a newer year. I have fairly new tires, so I would just have them swap the rims out. What do you think?

Dude, Why? Can you afford the sales tax again? I think there are some newer ones out here for about the same price.

But if your really liking it, Then go for it!:)

Have you driven it yet? I have never driven a post '02 LS. Is it noticeably faster?

do it!! as soon as I drove my current 04, the 02 was gone faster than I can remember.

pbslmo said:
Dude, Why? Can you afford the sales tax again? I think there are some newer ones out here for about the same price.

But if your really liking it, Then go for it!:)

Sales tax shouldnt be an issue, in most states you are only taxed on the difference between the new car price and the trade in value.

New car $18000 - trade in $14000 =$4000 you would be taxed on.

02V8Sport said:
Sales tax shouldnt be an issue, in most states you are only taxed on the difference between the new car price and the trade in value.

He is right. I just paid $145 sales tax when I picked up my 03. Paid on the difference between my trade (04 GTO) and the LS.

I prefer the looks of the 02, but thats me. I drove rocket5979s 05 at the track, the power doesnt feel much stronger even though it is there. I found the Throttle by wire to be odd feeling. Didn't drive it alot though so I imagine thats something you'd get used to.

02V8Sport said:

He is right. I just paid $145 sales tax when I picked up my 03. Paid on the difference between my trade (04 GTO) and the LS.

strapp said:

BTW, that is if the trade in is paid off, right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back