Worst President Ever - Jimmy Carter as anti-Semitic as David Duke

fossten

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2006 3:59 p.m. EST
Rabbis: Jimmy Carter's Israel Attack 'Not Helpful'

Former President Carter prayed with rabbis who are angered by his new book's reference to apartheid in describing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but he didn't change their minds.

The Board of Rabbis of Greater Phoenix said they wouldn't call for a boycott of Carter's book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid," but they also won't suggest that anyone read it.

"I don't know if he gets the evil that we are facing," said Rabbi Bonnie Koppell of Scottsdale.

Carter, 82, was met by a crowd of protesters as he appeared at a book store in suburban Tempe to autograph copies of the book.

He said he chose the title to shine light on the festering conflict and give Americans a different point of view than what they're used to.

"I wanted to provoke debate," Carter said. "I wanted to provoke discussion."

Carter's book follows the peace negotiations between the Israelis and Palestinians during his presidency in 1977-1980. He's critical of all players in not reaching a better accord, but he's especially critical of the Israelis. He previously told The Associated Press that Americans are rarely exposed to anything other than pro-Israeli views in the news media.

Koppell said Carter's word choice was "gratuitously provocative" and meant to add fuel to an already incendiary subject and sell more books.

"I don't really see the book as helpful," said Koppell, who has read it.

Carter met Tuesday with the rabbis' group for almost an hour, prayed with them and invited them to help him teach Sunday school.

Koppell said she was surprised that he spent so much time with them and felt he would try to be more balanced in the future.

Rabbi Ayla Grafstein of Scottsdale said it didn't matter what promises Carter made.

"In the end, he's not going to change what's in his book," Grafstein said.

Simon & Schuster said the book is in fourth printing, with 395,000 copies in print. Most of Carter's books have been best sellers. The latest is on The New York Times best seller list.
And now from a TV interview of David Duke by Wolf Blitzer on CNN:
http://newsbusters.org/node/9648

BLITZER: ... if we invited you on, why is there a Zionist conspiracy if we're letting you on television right now? How do you explain that?

DUKE: How do I explain that? I think that you can't affect the news. You've got -- I think you have to put some spin on what's happening in Iran.

BLITZER: But we didn't have to invite you on CNN.

DUKE: And you want to -- it's an attack mode, always an attack mode when people like myself come on there. But you thought you could handle me with your 11 connotations of the Ku Klux Klan.

BLITZER: All right, let me...

DUKE: But you know something? You can't handle me, and you can't handle the truth, and the fact is, you are an agent of Zionism. You work for AIPAC...

BLITZER: Listen -- all right. Listen.

DUKE: ... the lobby in this country that controls Israeli policy.

BLITZER: Listen, Mr. Duke...

DUKE: You're not an honest broken on television.

BLITZER: ... I am going to read to you what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said...

DUKE: You're an Israeli agent.

BLITZER: All right. I'm going to read to you what Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of Iran, has said and then you can respond if you agree of disagree with him. "Israel must be wiped off the map and, God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism."

That's what he said on October 28th, 2005, according to Al- Jazeera.

DUKE: All right, first off, that's a complete misquote. He never said wipe off the map, and he was talking about the Zionist control of the United States. In fact, I heard his last speech, and I read articles all over the world where he said Israel will be wiped off the map.

He said Israel would have a change in government just as the Soviet Union changed. Obviously, the Russian people weren't killed. Israel wasn't wiped out, and this was to garner hatred against Iran to support the Holocaust and maybe the nuclear strike against Iran.

BLITZER: Well, what about when he says we "shall experience a world" -- when he says we should "soon experience a world without the United States"?

DUKE: I'm sorry, sir. I couldn't hear you.

BLITZER: When he says we should "soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism."

DUKE: I know what the translation was. He was referring to the control -- Israel uses the United States as its proxy. They use the -- at Mahaper (ph) said from Malaysia, Israel is able to dominate our policy through their money, through their media control, and they're leading us to disaster.

Richard Pearl and Paul Wolfowitz he were the formulators of the Iraq war. Pearl, Wurmser and Feith wrote a paper for Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel calling for war against Iraq, Iran, and Syria. And that's exactly what we did. They made up the lice of weapons of mass destruction because Americans were not willing to die in thousands and spend billions of dollars for Israel's strategic objectives. That's the reality.

BLITZER: David Duke, we have to leave it there.

DUKE: And there are so many lies that are going on right now.

BLITZER: The satellite is about to go down. So we have to leave it right there. But you're in Tehran.

DUKE: Well, people can find information at DavidDuke.com -- DavidDuke.com.

BLITZER: I'm sure they'll have plenty of opportunities to hear what you have to say. That's it. David Duke joining us from Iran.

97silverlsc said:
Sorry, Shrubbster still runs away with that title.:)

George W. Bush is not anti-Semitic, unlike the traitor Jimmy Carter. That is all I need to know.

Members online

Back