woodgrain trim peices on doors

Former Member

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
alright well i have searched for things about doors and things about woodgrain and things about trim and all i find is the same crap i alreayd know.

How does the woodgrain peices come off on the doors by the handles? can it even come out? i dont want to rip off my door panel for no reason.

please save me from taking a sledge hammer to it

I've been looking into this as well because it would make it much easier to paint. Anyways with the panel off I've found that it can't be done. It appears that the some of the plastic tabs were melted into a shape so they wouldnt come out. I sure hope im wrong and someone here chimes in. I'd really like to pull them apart.

They are indeed "welded" to the door panel.

I just worked at the melted plastic, and it eventually broke loose. Well worth the time, i love the results...

Yes you can dremel or drill the "rivets" out I believe.

My only worry is that it wont stay back up after I do. I guess I could put some other sort of fastener up there if I wanted to?

if i remember correctly, there were metal pieces also that held it on....i haven't looked in a while, but they are back on tightly.

Send ken at www.lskoncepts.com and email. Or pm him on this site (his u/n is grayghost1). IIRC, he did remove those to apply some carbon fiber overlay. I could be wrong, but it's worth a shot. Whoever did it also did a write up with pictures.

here you go....from KEn, on a different post

doorback.jpg

yea i spoke with ken today, he pointed me to the post with all the information. great peice of advice.

back door panels are off, just gotta get my dremel tomorrow and ill be good to start spraying again. gotta remove the front panals still and seperate the woodgrain from those aswell.

car looks pretty ghetto right now. no shift knob due to a trade for a leather one, half the woodgrain is painted black, half isnt. rear door panels are removed. its a work in progress, should all come together in the next week. the tint is really starting to show its fading, thats gonna be next. im thinking 5% on back 3 windows, 25% upfront.

yea i spoke with ken today, he pointed me to the post with all the information. great peice of advice.

back door panels are off, just gotta get my dremel tomorrow and ill be good to start spraying again. gotta remove the front panals still and seperate the woodgrain from those aswell.

car looks pretty ghetto right now. no shift knob due to a trade for a leather one, half the woodgrain is painted black, half isnt. rear door panels are removed. its a work in progress, should all come together in the next week. the tint is really starting to show its fading, thats gonna be next. im thinking 5% on back 3 windows, 25% upfront.

What was the link?

Members online

No members online now.
Back