Wiring harnesses for aftermarket high wattage

I'm not certain I understand the point. The rest of the harness - which is quite a lot of wire - will be the stock size. Just adding a few inches of thicker wire doesn't help anything. Actually, it's certain to make it worse, because you're adding a connector. And connectors are always the highest resistance spot. And if the assembly of the connector is shoddy, then it's particularly bad.
If you really want better wiring, then pull the harness all the way back to the relay and run thicker wire. In any case, 55w is only ~4.5A, which is easily handled by even 18ga wire.
These should be filed away with the turbine power adders.

I think that the point is that the bulb sockets aren't supposed to melt from the higher heat bulb. I don't know how much that would help since the rest of the headlight lens/reflector assembly is still likely to melt.

So you guys aren't using the additional wiring harness with YOUR higher output bulbs?

I have run both Nokia 80 Watt and 55 Watt bulbs in my fog lights for a couple of years without the recommended high voltage harnesses with no problems. Not sure if it would be the same for the headlights but as long as you don't go too high on wattage I doubt you would have any problems

Don't use high watt bulbs. Why risk melting everything??

Members online

Back