wiring harness for powered 6x8s

Ck2000LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
So i decided to hook up my aftermarket stereo and i got the harnesses from metra. I have it all hooked up except the powered 6x8s in the back deck. I have no idea what to do with the two light blue with white stripe wires. Or the amp ground wires. Please if one of you fella can help that would be awesome. Ive already read the tech articles and searched here and google and im coming up empty handed thanks its greatly appreciated

You need the harness that has the RCA jacks that plug into the sub output on your deck..

Don't worry about the amp grounds..

Hook the blue and white amp turn on wire to the blue and white amp turn on wire on your deck...

Ok ill give it a try neither of them wires are marked on the RCA harness so ill just have to try both ill let you know what i come up with

Ok ill give it a try neither of them wires are marked on the RCA harness so ill just have to try both ill let you know what i come up with

You need to wire a 1K ohm resistor is series between the amp turn on wire from your headunit and the amp turn on wire to the factory harness. Otherwise, you will get a thump on turn on. One of the RCAs on the factory harness is for the front center console speakers. It's generally better not to connect it to anything.

Cool thanks for the help fellas its working wonderfully even without the resistor and i dont even get a pop thanks guys

Members online

Back